STORM2K CONTRIBUTIONS AND FINANCIAL UPDATE

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

STORM2K CONTRIBUTIONS AND FINANCIAL UPDATE

#1 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:29 am

Plain and simple WE ARE NOT GETTING ENOUGH DONATIONS TO CONTINUE PAST FEBRUARY. OUR CURRENT PAYPAL BALANCE IS $280.86. That will cover February and that is it. As I have posted before I used well over $1k of my own funds to save this site last year. It will not happen this year. I hate to say this, but it is obvious there are only a few members that put their money where their mouth/fingers are and actually donate. Everyone else, and there are HUNDREDS, TAKE S2K FOR GRANTED AND THINK WE HAVE AN ENDLESS POT OF MONEY. THAT IS NOT THE CASE. I can see who is on the site at all times. Our average amount of members and guests on line is over 100. IF 100 PEOPLE CONTRIBUTED $5 PER MONTH WE WOULD HAVE NO TROUBLE PAYING OUR BILLS AND COULD PROVIDE OTHER SERVICES. Since this DOES NOT HAPPEN, it has become obvious that not enough people care enough about this site or what we provide to help keep it alive. There is no other way to say it and I will not apologize for saying it. MOST OF YOU DON'T CARE WHETHER WE CONTINUE TO EXIST. AM I ON A RANT? YES I AM. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN DONATING TO STORM2K BUT HAVE BEEN USING THE SITE. I do understand that there are some out there that actually may not be able to afford even $5 a month, but I doubt there a lot that can truthfully say that!!!

TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN DONATING, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!! A SPECIAL THANK YOU GOES TO THOSE WHO HAVE CONTINUOUSLY SUPPORTED US!! Some donations are small and some are larger. NO MATTER THE SIZE WE APPRECIATE EACH ONE!!

SO TO THE REST OF YOU, WHERE ARE YOU? DO YOU REALLY CARE? WE WILL FIND OUT! I DO NOT MAKE EMPTY THREATS.

There is a VERY DEDICATED staff that helps run the site and a lot of them have been with them since this sites inception 12 years ago. I MUST GIVE MY THANKS TO THEM FOR STICKING WITH US THROUGH THICK AND THIN.

If you want to donate using PayPal please use the Donate(PayPal) button in the first post of the thread in announcements that is titled "STORM2K UPDATE & MAJOR FUNDRAISING EFFORT-ALL, PLEASE READ"
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#2 Postby CrazyC83 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:36 pm

Donation sent! Even though I am a student with little money now, funding came in this week.
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby StormingB81 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:04 pm

Confirmation number: 90D25691D5556092V

Donation Sent! Under wifes name..lol
0 likes   

MississippiWx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: STORM2K MAY SHUT DOWN AFTER FEBRUARY!!!! THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

#4 Postby MississippiWx » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:57 pm

I guess I have my routine of going to certain forums and looking at them without browsing around the rest of the site. My guess is that this could be the case for several others who would help if they knew. I have a habit of going to certain threads and not giving anything else the time of day, so I've missed the numerous pleas for help! Sorry for not being very observant! I really enjoy this site, its moderators and the members who contribute. It is a first class site. I've just donated as well and I hope several others will do the same. You guys may have already done it, but posting the same plea into the most trafficked threads would probably help a bunch too.

Good luck, Storm2k!
0 likes   
This post is not an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of MississippiWx and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

utpmg
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby utpmg » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:02 pm

done donated.
0 likes   

Lagreeneyes03
Category 1
Category 1

#6 Postby Lagreeneyes03 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:08 pm

Donated-Monthly via PayPal :) But conf number is listed as "0" ?
0 likes   
I'm a Princess, not a forecaster.

amawea
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby amawea » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:21 pm

I just donated via Paypal. Confirmation# 9V086201BX610730C
0 likes   

txs4evr
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#8 Postby txs4evr » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:29 pm

New member here. Just donated.
0 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby Hurricanehink » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Transaction ID:
69N453565T809351V

Happy to donate :)
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: STORM2K MAY SHUT DOWN AFTER FEBRUARY!!!! NOT A JOKE!-UPDATED

#10 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:50 pm

First of all, THANK YOU TO OUR LATEST DONORS AND OUR CONTINUING DONORS!!! To say the very least WE APPRECIATE EACH ONE OF YOU!!!

Due to our current funding plea and those who have donated we currently have enough in our PayPal account to stay open till June 1 which is the start of Hurricane season. This is a good start, but WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO to feel comfortable with our current funding situation, so please don't decide not to donate because we are doing better. WE NEED EVERY DONATION BIG OR SMALL, and we get both.
We will be looking at other ways of funding the site and ways to reduce our costs. I will keep you posted on what we are looking at or what we find out. To that end we are open to any suggestions you may have also.

For those of you who have donated and want your supporter tag and colors, please pm me your transaction id(confirmation no.) and your real name so I can match you to the transaction. PayPal has no idea what your screen name is. That is why we request this because we don't want anyone to go unrecognized for your support.

Once again, THANK YOU!! Now let's see if the rest of us can FUND THE REST OF THE YEAR!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby northjaxpro » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:44 am

I absolutely love Storm2K and the members of this site and I am more than happy to contribute to this site and help in any way possible. I have been a member now for over 4 years and I can't think of another valued source on the web for weather information and having so many knowledgeable weather enthusiasts, both professional mets and overall people who follow the weather in general. This is especially true during severe weather events and of course throughout the hurricane season. 8-)

Donated.
Confirmation # 5HL99571H4330771P
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#12 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:02 am

northjaxpro wrote:I absolutely love Storm2K and the members of this site and I am more than happy to contribute to this site and help in any way possible. I have been a member now for over 4 years and I can't think of another valued source on the web for weather information and having so many knowledgeable weather enthusiasts, both professional mets and overall people who follow the weather in general. This is especially true during severe weather events and of course throughout the hurricane season. 8-)

Donated.
Confirmation # 5HL99571H4330771P
Thank you for the kudos. Hopefully as we move forward and get our funding issues worked out we can offer an even better site.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Ralph's Weather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby Ralph's Weather » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:38 pm

This is the best discussion site I have found for Texas weather so I set up a recurring donation. Thanks for running this site and I hope that it can continue for much longer.
0 likes   

Houstonia
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Sharpstown, Houston, Harris County, Southeast Texas.

#14 Postby Houstonia » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:43 am

I will be donating as soon as I get paid. :-)

confirmation code: assoonasigetpaid
0 likes   

NoCalGal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15 Postby NoCalGal » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:49 pm

I still don't use Paypal. :( It might help others that don't use it either if one of the Admins would post a
regular street address and that could be used to send donations, too. Mine will be coming soon. :)
Love this site! and Thank You
0 likes   

dl20415
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16 Postby dl20415 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:04 am

Donation sent! 2JA53941LU854073S
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re:

#17 Postby southerngale » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:41 am

Ralph's Weather wrote:This is the best discussion site I have found for Texas weather so I set up a recurring donation. Thanks for running this site and I hope that it can continue for much longer.

First of all, thank you for your generous donations!

Unfortunately, we've had a lot of trouble with the recurring donations. I've looked into it and tried to fix the issue, but they just don't work. I will continue to see if I can get it fixed, but in the meantime, anyone wanting to donate a little each month, please just make a one time donation each month. That's the only way to ensure it goes through, at least for now. Again, thank you so much!
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#18 Postby southerngale » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:44 am

NoCalGal wrote:I still don't use Paypal. :( It might help others that don't use it either if one of the Admins would post a
regular street address and that could be used to send donations, too. Mine will be coming soon. :)
Love this site! and Thank You

I sent you a PM. Anyone wanting to make a donation by mail, please PM me or vbhoutex. Thank you for your support!
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#19 Postby southerngale » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:47 am

Thank you Houstonia and dl20415 for your support! We really appreciate it.
0 likes   

Seadootoo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#20 Postby Seadootoo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:09 am

Done; Confirmation number: 00S20187JL276501G
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”