Dangerous 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Predicted - GWO

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
smithtim
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Dangerous 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Predicted - GWO

#21 Postby smithtim » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:32 pm

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:
chaser1 wrote:
xtyphooncyclonex wrote:It's not yet even October, but here we are at 13 storms, 8 hurricanes, 5 majors and 2 category 5's (possibly 3) with an ACE approaching 200 for the first time in over the decade. Another noteworthy feature: Harvey broke the US drought of major hurricanes after 11 years, with Irma following the former a few weeks later over South Florida. All predictions have underestimated this season and sadly, it is a dangerous one indeed.

Not "all" predictions :wink: Take a look back at the pre-season Atlantic Hurricane Season Poll (though, if "all" referring to professional organizations than yes i'd agree with that statement)

I don't think anyone expected 200 ACE. I'm focused on the ACE/intensity over the storm count itself

Likewise...
And does anyone know how many years back ( if so where to find ) the data for ACE is available? I'd be interested to see if it fits some sort of sine wave function? Would be interesting as that'd shead some light into the cyclical nature of seasons overall
1 likes   
Disclaimer: while I am PhD who does research I'm rambling here so this post should be taken only for entertainment...use nhc.noaa.gov for official forecasts!

FLoridian living round here for a while: 2016 Matthew & 1998 Earl lived barrier island landfall. Also lived nearby/inland for: 2017 Irma & 2004 Frances,Jeanne & 1992 Andrew

NotSparta
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#22 Postby NotSparta » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:03 am

smithtim wrote:
xtyphooncyclonex wrote:
chaser1 wrote:[/b]

Not "all" predictions :wink: Take a look back at the pre-season Atlantic Hurricane Season Poll (though, if "all" referring to professional organizations than yes i'd agree with that statement)

I don't think anyone expected 200 ACE. I'm focused on the ACE/intensity over the storm count itself

Likewise...
And does anyone know how many years back ( if so where to find ) the data for ACE is available? I'd be interested to see if it fits some sort of sine wave function? Would be interesting as that'd shead some light into the cyclical nature of seasons overall

http://tropical.atmos.colostate.edu/Rea ... thatlantic
1 likes   
This post was probably an opinion of mine, and in no way is official. Please refer to http://www.hurricanes.gov for official tropical analysis and advisories.

My website, with lots of tropical wx graphics, including satellite and recon: http://cyclonicwx.com

smithtim
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#23 Postby smithtim » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:06 pm

NotSparta wrote:
smithtim wrote:
xtyphooncyclonex wrote:I don't think anyone expected 200 ACE. I'm focused on the ACE/intensity over the storm count itself

Likewise...

http://tropical.atmos.colostate.edu/Rea ... thatlantic

Thanks!!!
0 likes   
Disclaimer: while I am PhD who does research I'm rambling here so this post should be taken only for entertainment...use nhc.noaa.gov for official forecasts!

FLoridian living round here for a while: 2016 Matthew & 1998 Earl lived barrier island landfall. Also lived nearby/inland for: 2017 Irma & 2004 Frances,Jeanne & 1992 Andrew

SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#24 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:27 am

As of 1 October, GWO managed to got it on hurricanes, but we managed to pass MH's. It's pretty likely that it will also nail on landfalls pretty soon (also named storms) and we also got THREE MAJOR IMPACT HURRICANES. Wow GWO....
2 likes   
My opinions are mine and SHOULD not be treated as an official source of information. PLEASE see National Hurricane Center, or any other meteorological agencies, for that matter. By the way, I was born and came from Indonesia, which is rarely hit by tropical cyclones, but regardless, I have LOTS of interest in meteorology.

Dean_175
Category 1
Category 1

#25 Postby Dean_175 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Season shows signs of quieting down though- it has been over 2 weeks now without a new name. But we will probably see another burst of activity later this month.
0 likes   
All posts by Dean_175 are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#26 Postby tolakram » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:22 pm

Dean_175 wrote:Season shows signs of quieting down though- it has been over 2 weeks now without a new name. But we will probably see another burst of activity later this month.

Except now another one is developing.

Don't trust anyone that can't provide past verification. Anyone can predict a bad season and if you do it enough one year you'll be right.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

stormlover2013
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby stormlover2013 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Maybe GWO isn't bad after all!!! they have been pretty consistent.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”