Tropical/Severe Weather Check-In

Current storms and invests:

Moderators: hurricanetrack, S2k Moderators

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
nutkin517
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Re: Tropical/Severe Weather Check-In

#61 Postby nutkin517 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:47 pm

CajunMama wrote:
nutkin517 wrote:
flamingosun wrote:Has anyone heard from Southerngale lately?

I was wondering about her too. I believe she was in Pinewood, I want to say? I know there were pictures from there with street signs under water.

She lost everything. She had even moved her vehicles twice and they still got flooded out. It's going to be a long long road for her and her family :(

That's so, so sad. :( It is unfortunately the story for so many people around here.
1 likes   

MS39047
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#62 Postby MS39047 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:16 pm

I've searched in various threads but haven't found anything about Luis (Cycloneye). Has he checked in or has anyone heard from him?
1 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#63 Postby tolakram » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:19 pm

MS39047 wrote:I've searched in various threads but haven't found anything about Luis (Cycloneye). Has he checked in or has anyone heard from him?

Unfortunately he has not checked in and we continue to try and contact on a regular basis.
2 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#64 Postby Hurricaneman » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:05 pm

tolakram wrote:
MS39047 wrote:I've searched in various threads but haven't found anything about Luis (Cycloneye). Has he checked in or has anyone heard from him?

Unfortunately he has not checked in and we continue to try and contact on a regular basis.

According to some news I’ve seen we may not hear from Luis until sometime in 2018 but am hoping by December to be honest as the entire island took a really big hit
0 likes   

slamdaddy
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#65 Postby slamdaddy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:31 am

Checking in from coastal Mississippi.
2 likes   

LSU2001
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#66 Postby LSU2001 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:22 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone,
I am just posting on this thread to check in after Ida. First of all me and my entire family is safe and fairly comfortable at this point. I lost some out buildings like my tractor shed, my boat shed and my screen house that surrounded my hot tub. House came out ok with only some minor vinyl siding but that's about it. I know the storm pretty much wiped out many houses and commercial buildings in the South Lafourche area. There is a tremendous need for drinking water, food, and any other supplies you can imagine. Many people lost their entire house or they were damaged to such an extent that they are uninhabitable and lost most everything. I am blessed to be in such a good place compared to most of the folks in my area.
Thanks,
Tim (LSU2001)
19 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

itglobalsecure
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#67 Postby itglobalsecure » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:13 pm

Tim - so glad you checked in! I just did a search today on your username - so many of us had been hoping that you were safe. I'm glad damages were mostly limited to outbuildings.
1 likes   

LAwxrgal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#68 Postby LAwxrgal » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:23 pm

Hello everyone, checking in after Ida.

What a mess it is down here. My house has taken significant damage but even then I'm one of the lucky ones. Reserve and LaPlace (the town next to mine) took it on the chin from Ida's NE Eyewall. The eye of Ida (or what was left of it by then) passed over my house at about 8:30 the evening of the 29th. Due to circumstances beyond my control, we were forced to ride out the storm in Reserve. And I hope to never do it again. We had 12 inches of rain, water in my house, roof caved in one place and is threatening to in another, and we have not had electricity or steady running water since.

Danielle aka LAwxrgal
12 likes   
Andrew 92/Isidore & Lili 02/Bill 03/Katrina & Rita 05/Gustav & Ike 08/Isaac 12 (flooded my house)/Harvey 17/Barry 19/Cristobal 20/Claudette 21/Ida 21 (In the Eye)
Wake me up when November ends

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#69 Postby tolakram » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:17 pm

LSU2001 wrote:Good Afternoon Everyone,
I am just posting on this thread to check in after Ida. First of all me and my entire family is safe and fairly comfortable at this point. I lost some out buildings like my tractor shed, my boat shed and my screen house that surrounded my hot tub. House came out ok with only some minor vinyl siding but that's about it. I know the storm pretty much wiped out many houses and commercial buildings in the South Lafourche area. There is a tremendous need for drinking water, food, and any other supplies you can imagine. Many people lost their entire house or they were damaged to such an extent that they are uninhabitable and lost most everything. I am blessed to be in such a good place compared to most of the folks in my area.
Thanks,
Tim (LSU2001)

I missed your check in, happy to hear from you!
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

cajungal
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Schriever, Louisiana (60 miles southwest of New Orleans)

#70 Postby cajungal » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:22 pm

Thibodaux here. 13th day without power. Roof needs to be replaced and fence. But thankful we still have a home and are ok
8 likes   

T-man
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#71 Postby T-man » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:45 am

Hi all, checking in from Lafitte. Lost almost everything in my workshop, six feet of water judging by the water marks. House lost some gutter and some shingles where the gutter tore off. no leaks inside. Have power, no gas service though. Better off than most in this area, 80% uninhabitable. Lots of houses floated from foundations/piers.
6 likes   

tronbunny
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#72 Postby tronbunny » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:31 am

Update: Charlotte county sheriff's deputies are aware of these occupants. They cannot go to a special needs shelter as all roads closed. They have been informed of the danger and will stay put. Occupants were advised to mark name birthdate and ssn on arms with sharpie.
All we can do is wait and hope.

This is a call for help. I have a disabled senior relative on Midway rd in Port Charlotte who has no means of escape to a shelter. She is on heavy pain meds with mobilty issues. She lives 3 blocks from a shelter. She needs assistance. She is in zone B but house is only 1ft above sea level. She has been looking for assistance.
1 likes   

Return to “Active Storms/Invests - Atlantic/EastPAC/CentralPAC/MED”