East Coast Low

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Alyono
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

East Coast Low

#1 Postby Alyono » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:01 am

The expected nontropical low is taking shape now off of South Carolina. I have to admit, it's looking a bit better than I expected, though I still do not expect tropical or subtropical development from this feature
3 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: East Coast Low

#2 Postby tolakram » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:20 am

1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby tolakram » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:28 am

0Z Euro keeps this close to onshore most of the time.

from http://weather.us using http://gifmaker.me

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#4 Postby cycloneye » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:50 am

No mention from NHC at 8 AM TWO.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

weathaguyry
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby weathaguyry » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:27 am

cycloneye wrote:No mention from NHC at 8 AM TWO.

I would imagine they wouldn’t say anything, because if it did show signs of development, they would have to make it a Potential Tropical Cyclone and issue warnings for the Mid-Atlantic and NE, which would be a lot harder than just having the NWS offices issue gale warnings and possibly wind advisories if needed
0 likes   
My posts are only my opinions and NOT official forecasts. For official forecasts, consult the National Hurricane Center or the National Weather Service.

Irene 11', Sandy 12', Fay 20’, Isaias 20’, Elsa 21’, Henri 21’, Ida 21’

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Nimbus » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:03 am

Surface lows often form at the extreme southwestern end of the trough.
Looks like this front made it down into the gulf south of NOLA so until we get a better idea of where the low surface pressure is going to show persistence..
0 likes   

OuterBanker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby OuterBanker » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:16 am

According to IR sats it is building quite nicely off shore. Does look as if center is right along coast. Quite surprised by the intensity off shore it does appear that there are a lot of building heights. IR and visible sat are quite impressive. Certainty not going to be tropical but should be interesting to the tourist as they leave and enter for the weekend (we have an evacuation every Saturday here). Looking outside the altostrats are appearing with a few cumulus and a couple CB’s just off shore.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”