Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

ATL: BARRY - Post-Tropical - Discussion

#1 Postby cycloneye » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:49 am

Is up so post away.
1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 92L - Discussion

#2 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:53 am

Well look at that lol.. now we can get the hurricane models in for 12z :p
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby NDG » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:56 am

Wow, a good 24 hrs sooner than I thought, lol.
2 likes   

Pearl River
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Pearl River » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:01 am

Wellllll doggies now granny.....looky what Jethro found here. Lol
2 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby dexterlabio » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:03 am

An invest in the middle of mainland US? Not something we see every year...
2 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Nimbus » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:03 am

The mid or upper level vorticity appears to be centered further east from that little low level spin on the Mississippi/Alabama border. Could mean some SW/NE eccentricity if the low level spin hits the water near Pensacola first.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#7 Postby cycloneye » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:04 am

First Best Track:

Maximum Winds: 15 kt Gusts: nan kt
Minimum Central Pressure: 1011 mb
Environmental Pressure: 1013 mb
Radius of Circulation: 150 NM
Radius of Maximum Wind: 80 NM

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby NDG » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:08 am

Nimbus wrote:The mid or upper level vorticity appears to be centered further east from that little low level spin on the Mississippi/Alabama border. Could mean some SW/NE eccentricity if the low level spin hits the water near Pensacola first.

I disagree, the spin over the MS/AL border is clearly a small upper level low, nothing will come out of this.
The low to the mid level vorticity is over GA right over the surface trough clearly seen on surface observations.
0 likes   

zhukm29
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#9 Postby zhukm29 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:19 am

Wow, an invest tagged while still over the US? Definitely not something we see often...

0 likes   

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:28 am

What are the limiting factors for development of this system?
0 likes   
My posts are not official forecasts. They are just my opinion and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#11 Postby cycloneye » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:36 am

1 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#12 Postby Steve » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:36 am

Soupbone,

Joe didn't say specifically other than to say they are very bullish on this being a hurricane landfall threat to the Golden Triangle. He said they couldn't release the track yet because they had recently distributed it to their paying clients, but they'd put it out later today to the public.

I don't have an opinion at this point. We don't get a whole lot of East-West moving system across the northern Gulf. Faye (with embedded Eduardo or vice versa) happened back when. I remember Barometer Bob (up in Jacksonville) going ballistic over being chided that there wasn't really a storm developing on top of him which he correctly identified. Then there was Ike in 2008 which was 150-200 miles offshore but flooded thousands of homes in southern Terrebonne Parish below Houma. You'd think this might be closer to shore than Ike was, and maybe not as strong as it's passing coastal SC LA if the models have it right. And if they do, you'd have to think somewhere between Berwick/Morgan City and Galveston unless the trend is further south with a stronger ridge over the plains forcing it either due west or south of due west.

It's going to be a fun tracking week for July. No doubt everyone from the FL Panhandle (including South Georgia), to southern Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana are going to get in on some squalls - wind and rain - and will at one point or other be on the eastern side. With a developing system (assuming it does), there will be alternating convection builds over water and over land until a center gets fully established. Some of the land storms that fire near the coast (most likely in the evening) could dump tons of rain, so people have to be prepared for ponding and heavy downpours. That's all I have for now other than to say that this seems like a setup where you'll have a system strengthening or at least static at landfall rather than a decaying system.
Last edited by Steve on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
7 likes   

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#13 Postby AJC3 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:46 am

Steve wrote:Soupbone,

Joe didn't say specifically other than to say they are very bullshit on this being a hurricane landfall threat to the Golden Triangle.

Autocorrect FTL :lol: :lol: :lol:
13 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby SoupBone » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:49 am

Steve wrote:Soupbone,

Joe didn't say specifically other than to say they are very bullshit on this being a hurricane landfall threat to the Golden Triangle.

I don't know why you have to curse at me, but I appreciate your explanation regardless.
3 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15 Postby Tireman4 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:51 am

Lots of days to come...more hours to watch...lots of time to digest this all. Models will flip flop..they do all the time. :) Have fun folks..
1 likes   

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16 Postby psyclone » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:59 am

With the westerly solutions carrying the day...much of the gulf coast is going to get boatloads of rain. We've had heavy showers here much of the night and this wet pattern will remain until 92l conceals and shifts west
0 likes   

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#17 Postby Nimbus » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:59 am

NDG wrote:
Nimbus wrote:The mid or upper level vorticity appears to be centered further east from that little low level spin on the Mississippi/Alabama border. Could mean some SW/NE eccentricity if the low level spin hits the water near Pensacola first.

I disagree, the spin over the MS/AL border is clearly a small upper level low, nothing will come out of this.
The low to the mid level vorticity is over GA right over the surface trough clearly seen on surface observations.

The 10 meter surface winds are rotating back NE at the MS/AL border so its not an upper low.
Might be just a temporary elongation of the circulation which will dissipate.
If it persists and convection blooms off Pensacola it could gain dominance, its definitely not dominant from the water vapor imagery now.
0 likes   

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#18 Postby GCANE » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:10 am

MCS's firing over the NE GOM this morning are creating updrafts.
This is reinforcing the anticyclone that is anchored in the NE GOM.
One factor that will likely strengthen 92L as it gets into the water.
1 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#19 Postby tolakram » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:11 am

Surface winds appear to show the low close to where the NHC tagged, but you can also see the two features, one near the GA/AL border and the other east of that.

https://www.windy.com/?32.657,-82.336,7
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

SEASON_CANCELED
Category 3
Category 3

#20 Postby SEASON_CANCELED » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:19 am

Ok..Ill start..I know the 12Z isn't out yet but.... What effects for Pasco/Hillsborough area? how much rain? I am concerned already because the ground is sloshy still and wont perch as it is. Do not need any additional rain.
2 likes   
i am a big stupid ugly moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt stinks and i like to kiss my own butt

Return to “2019”