ATL: BARRY - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

w5yne
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Re: ATL: BARRY - Models

#901 Postby w5yne » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:37 pm

Tireman4 wrote:And the Model Flip Flops Continue....but not the UKMET..lol..still stubborn..as Brits are..LOL

My wife would agree with that
2 likes   

StormLogic
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#902 Postby StormLogic » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:40 pm

UKMET 12Z FWIW
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

#903 Postby ROCK » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Tireman4 wrote:
ROCK wrote:UKMET shifted west again hmmmmm :?: must be picking up a stronger ridge. This might be a huge bust or win of all time. Hard to win against the Euro within 96hrs..thou..GFS old or new still likes odd..Jmo

The Myth. The Man. The Legend. The Rock is back!!

Still kickin... :lol:
4 likes   

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

#904 Postby ROCK » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Totally misses the weakness ridge restores quickly after SW...I have seen weirder things IMO
2 likes   

StormLogic
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#905 Postby StormLogic » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:43 pm

IF ukmet plays out, this the precip accum.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

davidiowx
Category 1
Category 1

#906 Postby davidiowx » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:45 pm

StormLogic wrote:http://img.meteocentre.com/models/ukmet_amer_12/ukmetPR12.11.gif?t=1562870483

Looks like that is showing 4-6 or so in that map.
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#907 Postby SoupBone » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:45 pm

What's the pressure at landfall for the UKMET?
0 likes   

StormLogic
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#908 Postby StormLogic » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:48 pm

SoupBone wrote:

What's the pressure at landfall for the UKMET?

0 likes   

StormLogic
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#909 Postby StormLogic » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:49 pm

davidiowx wrote:
StormLogic wrote:http://img.meteocentre.com/models/ukmet_amer_12/ukmetPR12.11.gif?t=1562870483

Looks like that is showing 4-6 or so in that map.

probably a little more, but also its in a 12hr period so totals overall would prolly be in 15-20"
1 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#910 Postby TheStormExpert » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Oh the UKMET and its left bias! :lol:
5 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

Nederlander
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#911 Postby Nederlander » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Could someone explain to me how the GFS ensembles are all shifted W with a mean ensemble west of Vermilion Bay, but the actual GFS is further E? I guess I wrongly assumed that the GFS was kind of a compromise of the ensemble runs. Are they weighted? Are the ensembles just nuanced versions of the GFs with slight changes in certain variables?
0 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#912 Postby LarryWx » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:15 pm

Nederlander wrote:Could someone explain to me how the GFS ensembles are all shifted W with a mean ensemble west of Vermilion Bay, but the actual GFS is further E? I guess I wrongly assumed that the GFS was kind of a compromise of the ensemble runs. Are they weighted? Are the ensembles just nuanced versions of the GFs with slight changes in certain variables?

The ensembles are basd on an older GFS version than the FV3, which is the newest GFS.
Ensembles of any model are based on slight changes in initializations.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

StormLogic
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#913 Postby StormLogic » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:52 pm

https://col.st/MUUY5 You can see its trying lol
0 likes   

facemane
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#914 Postby facemane » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:54 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:Oh the UKMET and its left bias! :lol:

It may be out to lunch on Barry, but I will never discount it for one reason. In 2005 the UKMET was locked on to the mouth of the Ms. River when Katrina entered
the GOM and began to bomb. The Euro and GFS were predicting a big bend area of Florida at the time.
4 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#915 Postby NDG » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:05 pm

12z Euro ensembles.

1 likes   

AtlanticWind
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#916 Postby AtlanticWind » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:07 pm

facemane wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:Oh the UKMET and its left bias! :lol:

It may be out to lunch on Barry, but I will never discount it for one reason. In 2005 the UKMET was locked on to the mouth of the Ms. River when Katrina entered
the GOM and began to bomb. The Euro and GFS were predicting a big bend area of Florida at the time.

All the models have many upgrades since 2005 . There is no comparing a modeling
outcome from 14 years ago.
1 likes   

BRweather
Category 1
Category 1

#917 Postby BRweather » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:11 pm

NDG wrote:12z Euro ensembles.

https://i.imgur.com/iFPQCYU.png

The problem with the ensembles is that they are all in a different location in 6 hours. They seem to be just as confused on where to pick a center.
0 likes   

PTrackerLA
Category 5
Category 5

#918 Postby PTrackerLA » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:11 pm

12z Euro and Ensembles as well as the 12z GFS ensembles show south central Louisiana in the thick of things still. Not sure what to think but I'm glad I got my supplies already as I'm a little more concerned now then I was earlier. 12z Euro produces right at hurricane force gusts for Lafayette.
0 likes   

StormLogic
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#919 Postby StormLogic » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:16 pm

NAM 18Z MORE WEST
1 likes   

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#920 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:19 pm

StormLogic wrote:NAM 18Z MORE WEST

West trend is looking like a possibility only if the center relocates a little further SW, which some models such as the NAM and UKMET are doing.
2 likes   
My posts are not official forecasts. They are just my opinion and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “2019”