Re: ATL: FERNAND - Tropical Depression

#122 Postby Astromanía » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:27 pm

0 likes   

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#123 Postby lrak » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:42 pm

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-97.37308312988294&lat=27.687835221358455#.XXAuQS5Khph

Woohoo....utility bill will be lower for sure this month. Probably just jinxed myself :D

Surf is also big but it's a washing machine out there...maybe tomorrow...cough cough I'm feeling sick :P
2 likes   
AKA karl

Also
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Astromanía
Category 2
Category 2

#124 Postby Astromanía » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:02 pm

A lightning just struck in front of my house, don't hugh me I'm scared -_-
1 likes   

Buck
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: FERNAND - Tropical Storm

#125 Postby Buck » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:28 pm

Hurricane Jed wrote:
Buck wrote:
Hypercane_Kyle wrote:Still has ~20 hours over water if the NHC track is to be believed. Plenty of time to become a Cat 1. See Humberto and Lorenzo in 2007 for similar situations.

Humberto and Lorenzo were fascinating to watch spin into angry little fellas so quickly. Gotta watch these dudes with spanish names in the gulf.

The name Fernand is actually of French origin

You right. He didn't wind up with much in common with Humberto and Lorenzo anyway.
1 likes   

Buck
Category 5
Category 5

#126 Postby Buck » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:29 pm

Astromanía wrote:A lightning just struck in front of my house, don't hugh me I'm scared -_-

Hope you and your loved ones are all safe! Monterrey is a beautiful city.
6 likes   

Astromanía
Category 2
Category 2

#127 Postby Astromanía » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:06 pm

all streets are flooded now, the water is entering my house, I have leaks everywhere, the rain has not stopped and indeed its intensity is increasing, in conclusion too much water, at least I still have power
1 likes   

Astromanía
Category 2
Category 2

#128 Postby Astromanía » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:52 pm

My city is not prepared for this amount of water, all avenues are flooded, my father hurt his ankle when he fell leaving his bus coming back to the house due to the amount of water and he doesnt know if he can walk tomorrow, he really have a bad pain :cry: power loss is expected when the winds reach our city at midnight :( . I seriously didn't expect this amount of water. My hometown has received 200mm of rain more than it was anticipated and there is still rain to come. The Sierra Madre Oriental capt a lot of rain when this type of events occur here and really affect us.
2 likes   

StruThiO
Category 3
Category 3

#129 Postby StruThiO » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:53 pm

Astromanía wrote:My city is not prepared for this amount of water, all avenues are flooded, my father hurt his ankle when he fell leaving his bus coming back to the house due to the amount of water and he doesnt know if he can walk tomorrow, he really have a bad pain :cry: power loss is expected when the winds reach our city at midnight :( . I seriously didn't expect this amount of water. My hometown has received 200mm of rain more than it was anticipated and there is still rain to come. The Sierra Madre Oriental capt a lot of rain when this type of events occur here and really affect us.

Hang in there :eek:
2 likes   

Astromanía
Category 2
Category 2

#130 Postby Astromanía » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Not deaths reported so far, but rivers are full with dangerous potential to the people of the city
0 likes   

1900hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

#131 Postby 1900hurricane » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:07 pm

Looks like an orographically enhanced flood event.
2 likes   
Contract Meteorologist. TAMU & MSST. Fiercely authentic, one of a kind. We are all given free will, so choose a life meant to be lived. We are the Masters of our own Stories.
Opinions expressed are mine alone.

Follow me on Twitter at @1900hurricane : Read blogs at https://1900hurricane.wordpress.com/

supercane4867
Category 5
Category 5

#132 Postby supercane4867 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:47 pm

It was fun while it lasted

...FERNAND HAS DISSIPATED OVER THE RUGGED TERRAIN OF MEXICO... ...THIS IS THE LAST ADVISORY...

10:00 PM CDT Wed Sep 4
Moving: WNW at 8 mph
Min pressure: 1007 mb
Max sustained: 30 mph
0 likes   

Astromanía
Category 2
Category 2

Re: ATL: FERNAND - Remnants - Discussion

#133 Postby Astromanía » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:53 pm

Still expected damage from his remants, rain across northeast Mexico will persist until tomorrow evening, but its intensity has lowered. One person missing in Monterrey after being hit by a collapsing fence and trow to a near river with two family members that could escape, apparently he was collecting trash to prevent inundation to his house but that unfortunate event happened. I hope the man is found safe, I hear his wife crying in Multimedios news, talking about the situation and how after many hours searching for him with many cops still no information about him.
1 likes   

Buck
Category 5
Category 5

#134 Postby Buck » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:36 pm

Astromanía wrote:Still expected damage from his remants, rain across northeast Mexico will persist until tomorrow evening, but its intensity has lowered. One person missing in Monterrey after being hit by a collapsing fence and trow to a near river with two family members that could escape, apparently he was collecting trash to prevent inundation to his house but that unfortunate event happened. I hope the man is found safe, I hear his wife crying in Multimedios news, talking about the situation and how after many hours searching for him with many cops still no information about him.

You and your family all good, Astromania?
4 likes   

Astromanía
Category 2
Category 2

#135 Postby Astromanía » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:22 am

Buck wrote:
Astromanía wrote:Still expected damage from his remants, rain across northeast Mexico will persist until tomorrow evening, but its intensity has lowered. One person missing in Monterrey after being hit by a collapsing fence and trow to a near river with two family members that could escape, apparently he was collecting trash to prevent inundation to his house but that unfortunate event happened. I hope the man is found safe, I hear his wife crying in Multimedios news, talking about the situation and how after many hours searching for him with many cops still no information about him.

You and your family all good, Astromania?

Yep we are fine, thank you for asking. My father caouldn't go to work yesterday due to the pain and needed go to urgencies, fortunately it wasn't a broken or disilocated ankle. Glad we didn´t lose power or water but that night was scare with tons of lightning and rain that come back. No deaths report for now (and I hope there isn´t) but the there is no information still about the man missed, also a werehouse under construction collapsed and destroyed a large area of houses next to it, the people evacuated in time and were sent to an hotel to stay for the night . Good news about this is that the three reservoirs os the state are now full. What I learned was don´t underestimate a degrading cyclone when it doesnt look bad at first coz the amount of rain can be more than expected especially knowing the orography of the ciy that provide mudlides, flooding and overflow rivers. The rain was not at the level of Alex or Gilbert but still made lot of damage, I will follow more closely Atlantic systems since now to be prepared better, but I'm glad my family and I are ok.
6 likes   

Astromanía
Category 2
Category 2

#136 Postby Astromanía » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:59 pm

Unfortunately it is confirmed that Nikolay Suárez Rojas the 33 years old venezolean man that was missed after fall in a canal during Fernand's rainfall was found dead in Pesquería river at september 5th, I'm so heartbroken to hear that, to think about his family and his wife that I heard in tv in hope to find him safe its desastrous, my condolencies to the family and I hope he rest in peace, he tried to do a good thing to his house and family but in those scenarios is necesary to stay at home to prevent this type of tragic events. Fernand caused at the end one death in Monterrey metropolitan area (most especifically García municipality), it is likely to be the only one and I hope so.
Some videos about the damage in Monterrey metropolitan area overall and an article that confirms the tragic event about the man:

Link: https://youtu.be/WwQA_RSANms

Link: https://youtu.be/YmUd1X3Rwh8
https://lineadirectaportal.com/mexico/hallan-sin-vida-a-joven-desaparecido-tras-lluvias-de-fernand-en-nuevo-leon_20190905-806633/
0 likes   

Astromanía
Category 2
Category 2

#137 Postby Astromanía » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:10 pm

This caused around 342 mm of accumulated precipitation (13.46 in) on my municipality (Escobedo, N.L)

This is a list of the highest accumulated precipitation areas observed from this thing in Mexico, all of them in Nuevo Leon state:

Gral. Zuazua, N.L, radiosondeo-SGT 528 mm 20.78 in
Ciénega de Flores, N.L, 372 mm 14.64 in
Gral. Escobedo, N.L, El Canada-SAHM 342 mm 13.46 in
Santiago, N.L, Rodrigo Gomez reservoir, 325 mm 12.79 in
Guadalupe and San Nicolas de los Garza, N.L, Obs., 304.9 mm 12 in
Monterrey and San Nicolas de los Garza, N.L, Topo Chico-SGT, 302.2 mm 11.89 in
Cadereyta Jimenez, N.L, 297.1 mm 11.69 in
Cadereyta Jimenez-SGT, N.L, 292.0 mm 11.49 in
Montemorelos, Cabezones river, N.L, 250.5 mm 9.86 in
Monterrey, N.L, El Diente-SMN, 244.6 9.62 in
Linares, N.L, Crucitas, 232.7 mm 9.16 in

Source:
https://smn.conagua.gob.mx/tools/DATA/Formularios/Reporte%20de%20Lluvia%20Acumulada%20de%20Tres%20D%C3%ADas/Reporte%20de%20Lluvia%20Acumulada%20de%20Tres%20D%C3%ADas_1070.pdf

Just in case someone was wondering :P (Nobody XD)
2 likes   

Return to “2019”