Hurricane Dorian Local Observations, Info

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Old-TimeCane
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: RE: Re: Hurricane Dorian Local Observations, Info

#21 Postby Old-TimeCane » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:35 am

Blinhart wrote:I know Bethune-Cookman cancelled their game for Saturday, but what about the others, ECU, CCU and all the others???

I can't say for the others, but the CCU game is an away game at Kansas.

I live right across the street from CCU. I walked to school every day when I was a student there.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
0 likes   
The above post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

flamingosun
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Hurricane Dorian Local Observations, Info

#22 Postby flamingosun » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:38 am

power outage.us is reporting 10,800 without power in Florida as of 9am
This morning
0 likes   

flamingosun
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#23 Postby flamingosun » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:28 am

Weather Channel reporting that the evacuation order for Brevard county has been lifted.
0 likes   

Old-TimeCane
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#24 Postby Old-TimeCane » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:57 am

Lots of tornado warnings now. It's really blowing on occasion outside. This is getting pretty crazy already.

1 likes   
The above post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

syfr
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby syfr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:15 pm

I am about 20 miles southeast of Raleigh North Carolina . We have steady rain and moderate winds nothing abnormal . We have had several tornado warnings within about 15 miles here which have come and gone quickly as the rain bands pushed thru
1 likes   
I'm not a meteorologist, I'm an electronics engineer. While I can probably fix your toaster oven, you're not going to learn about storms from me!

New Mexico had no hurricanes. Then I moved to NC right before Fran.....

Old-TimeCane
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#26 Postby Old-TimeCane » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:14 pm

Never (yet) lost power in Conway. The wind is the strongest now that it's been all day. I have cameras out taking time lapse and videos.

Has anyone on here seen that silly story about the Jeep in the ocean in Myrtle Beach? With everything going on, that seems to be the highlight for the local news outlets.

1 likes   

Return to “2019”