ATL: HUMBERTO - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Dean4Storms
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 95L - Models

#121 Postby Dean4Storms » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:15 pm

Looking at this I think the surface low keeps tracking more WNW with the mid level getting sheared to the north or NE, so we keep seeing a redevelopment in sorts more in line with NHC thinking.
1 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#122 Postby gatorcane » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:17 pm

12Z COAMPS:

1 likes   

Emmett_Brown
Category 5
Category 5

#123 Postby Emmett_Brown » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:24 pm

chris_fit wrote:18Z EURO coming in much stronger and also more N

https://i.imgur.com/yqqu4S4.png

Thanks for posting. What direction is it heading on this frame?
0 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#124 Postby LarryWx » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:33 pm

Emmett_Brown wrote:

NNW along the coast. It ends up at Daytona at hour 90.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#125 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Emmett_Brown wrote:

This continues several run cycles of EURO since last night with north and east shifts. This also continues with the models (UKMET and GFS in standing.pat as well) with IÇON with sticking to this solution..

I will say this. Should the ICON end up being right about this, you have to tip your hat to the model in this instance or having this solution from the start.
Last edited by northjaxpro on Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

Evil Jeremy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#126 Postby Evil Jeremy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:37 pm

northjaxpro wrote:
Emmett_Brown wrote:

This continues several run cycles of EURO since last night with north and shifts. This also continues with the models (UKMET and GFS in standing.pat as well) with IÇON with sticking to this solution..

I will say this. Should the ICON end up being right about this, you have to tip your hat to the model in this instance or having this dolution from the start.

That's what they all said when ICON kept shoving Dorian through Miami...
5 likes   
Frances 04 / Jeanne 04 / Katrina 05 / Wilma 05 / Fay 08 / Debby 12 / Andrea 13 / Colin 16 / Hermine 16 / Matthew 16 / Irma 17

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#127 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:41 pm

Evil Jeremy wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:
Emmett_Brown wrote:

This continues several run cycles of EURO since last night with north and shifts. This also continues with the models (UKMET and GFS in standing.pat as well) with IÇON with sticking to this solution..

I will say this. Should the ICON end up being right about this, you have to tip your hat to the model in this instance or having this dolution from the start.

Yeah, but the major reliable models currently are now for the moment jumping on with ICON . I am not scoffng at the model like some of you are out there.

Until I see EURO , GFS, UKMET shift back left or west, I am not discounting the ICON.
Last edited by northjaxpro on Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#128 Postby gatorcane » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:42 pm

:uarrow: just take the consensus of the Euro and GFS and you will be right 99% of the time :D
2 likes   

DESTRUCTION5
Category 5
Category 5

#129 Postby DESTRUCTION5 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:45 pm

TCVN shifted N to Martin County area and never makes back to gulf..
2 likes   
GATOR NATION IS E V E R Y W H E R E !

Evil Jeremy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#130 Postby Evil Jeremy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:47 pm

northjaxpro wrote:
Evil Jeremy wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:

Yeah, but the major reliable models currently are now for the moment jumping on with ICON . I am not scoffng at the model like some of you are out there.

Until I see EURO , GFS, UKMET shift back left or west, I am not discounting the ICON.

I'm not snuffing ICON, I'm just saying it doesn't belong in the same sentence as the other models you mentioned. UKMET and ECMWF agreeing on a NE Florida scenario alone is enough to warrant your attention.
1 likes   
Frances 04 / Jeanne 04 / Katrina 05 / Wilma 05 / Fay 08 / Debby 12 / Andrea 13 / Colin 16 / Hermine 16 / Matthew 16 / Irma 17

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#131 Postby gatorcane » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:04 pm

0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#132 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:09 pm

I am sick of these ridiculous model wars on these forums. I use these models for what they each are designed for, which is to help me and others in the difficult task of forecasting these cyclones.

ICON in this case to this point was the first to see the potential evolution of this system shifting north and east before the big reliable models were able to do so to this juncture. I give the model due credit for doing this to this juncture.

Could it shift back left with the other big reliables? Of course. But so far after several cycles that has not happened.

I have or not once am proclaiming ICON to be this superior model to the other big reliables. Too many people get so emotionally wrapped up.in certain models in that personally it gets too much on here for me at times.

If ICON ends up being as close to being right about this, just give it proper acknowledgment and feel good that we have at least another model in which we can look at and have a little more credibility for monitoring future storms.

This is all I am saying about the matter for Pete's sake.
8 likes   

fci
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#133 Postby fci » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 pm

northjaxpro wrote:I am sick of these ridiculous model wars on these forums. I use these models for what they each are designed for, which is to help me and others in the difficult task of forecasting these cyclones.

ICON in this case to this point was the first to see the potential evolution of this system shifting north and east before the big reliable models were able to do so to this juncture. I give the model due credit for doing this to this juncture.

Could it shift back left with the other big reliables? Of course. But so far after several cycles that has not happened.

I have or not once am proclaiming ICON to be this superior model to ther other big reliables. Too many people get so emotionally wrapped up.in certain models in that personally it gets too much on here for me at times.

If ICON ends up being as close to being right about this, just give it proper acknowledgment and feel good that we have at least another model in which we can look at and have a little more credibility for monitoring future storms.

Models vary, some more accurate than others of course; but at the end of the day we need to rely on the NHC and Pro Mets for their best forecast (guess). They are right a whole lot more then random models and know which ones are most reliable based on conditions present and inputs.
1 likes   
My posts are just my opinion and are most likely not backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
Bottom line is that I am just expressing my opinion!!!

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#134 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:28 pm

fci wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:I am sick of these ridiculous model wars on these forums. I use these models for what they each are designed for, which is to help me and others in the difficult task of forecasting these cyclones.

I have or not once am proclaiming ICON to be this superior model to ther other big reliables. Too many people get so emotionally wrapped up.in certain models in that personally it gets too much on here for me at times.

Models vary, some more accurate than others of course; but at the end of the day we need to rely on the NHC and Pro Mets for their best forecast (guess). They are right a whole lot more then random models and know which ones are most reliable based on conditions present and inputs.

You don't think I am aware of this fact being in this profession. Trust me , I know a couple of people who work at NHC who I went to met school at my time at FSU. I know they are the experts.on this firsthand.

I am just speaking about how I do my analysis with my job and to give us as much as we can really from all of the models and all other technological advances to use at our disposal to make me better and all other pros and analysts alike to make us the better always in forecasting.
Last edited by northjaxpro on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#135 Postby LarryWx » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:29 pm

northjaxpro wrote:
Emmett_Brown wrote:

This continues several run cycles of EURO since last night with north and east shifts. This also continues with the models (UKMET and GFS in standing.pat as well) with IÇON with sticking to this solution..

I will say this. Should the ICON end up being right about this, you have to tip your hat to the model in this instance or having this solution from the start.

Jax,
You’re not going to like (and same for me) the 18Z Euro ensemble. There’s been still another significant NE shift of tracks. Now the mean track is just inland of the FL E coast moving NNW. The mean strength is also significantly stronger than prior runs. Individual members are split between many that go NNW/N over the FL peninsula/GA and now a good number of others offshore in the Atlantic (some later hit Carolinas while others never make landfall). Mean rainfall max for the 51 members is a whopping 3-4” over NE FL/far SE GA!
Last edited by LarryWx on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Cat5James
Category 1
Category 1

#136 Postby Cat5James » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:35 pm

LarryWx wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:
Emmett_Brown wrote:

Jax,
You’re not going to like (and same for me) the 18Z Euro ensemble. There’s been still another significant NE shift of tracks. Now the mean track is just inland of the FL E coast moving NNW. The mean strength is also significantly stronger than prior runs. Individual members are split between many that go NNW/N over the FL peninsula/GA and now a good number of others offshore in the Atlantic (some later hit Carolinas while others never make landfall. Mean rainfall is 3-4” over NE FL/far SE GA.

Can you share the ensembles?
0 likes   

sma10
Category 5
Category 5

#137 Postby sma10 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:36 pm

I have or not once am proclaiming ICON to be this superior model to the other big reliables. Too many people get so emotionally wrapped up.in certain models in that personally it gets too much on here for me at times.

I'm guessing that what ICON may have sniffed out ahead of time was early development of the cyclone, and that's what may have resulted in its earlier call for NE track. And if that's what ends up happening it deserves kudos imo
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#138 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:39 pm

LarryWx wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:
Emmett_Brown wrote:

Jax,
You’re not going to like (and same for me) the 18Z Euro ensemble. There’s been still another significant NE shift of tracks. Now the mean track is just inland of the FL E coast moving NNW. The mean strength is also significantly stronger than prior runs. Individual members are split between many that go NNW/N over the FL peninsula/GA and now a good number of others offshore in the Atlantic (some later hit Carolinas while others never make landfall. Mean rainfall is 3-4” over NE FL/far SE GA.

Thanks Larry. Yeah I saw the 18Z EURO come in and yeah I am growing more concerned with this now established trend we have seen with the north and east shift with the big reliables. TCVN is what.I am closely watching now Larry. I want to see just how much farther north and east the TCVN may shift. This will be quite telling for me if I see the TCVN move right as we progress in time.
Last edited by northjaxpro on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#139 Postby Steve » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:40 pm

It’s all good North Jax. I know what you’re saying but fci was just stating facts about an inferior model that hasn’t been doing that great and is a lower tier with a **** ton to prove. It’s worthy of discussion in any given model thread based on how it does and how it should be considered. Speaking of AA ball, Nam is rolling. I want to see what it does with the 84 hours it shows, as we are potentially within that time frame for impacts, and what does its depiction of them look like east of, across, or just south of Florida.
0 likes   

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#140 Postby Blown Away » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:45 pm

I keep it simple now, the best forecasters in the world base a track usually very close to the TVCN Consensus, so just follow that little gray line and you will be good. :D

00z TVCN says @Ft Lauderdale/Boca Raton area...
1 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05...
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

Return to “2019”