ATL: SALLY - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

EquusStorm
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: SALLY - Hurricane - Discussion

#3581 Postby EquusStorm » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:13 am

Fiancee's mom says her niece's home near Stapleton was unroofed, and family in Summerdale is essentially trapped by massive flooding on the dead end road they're on. Lots of wind damage pics well inland on Twitter; will try to pull some up
3 likes   
Colors of lost purpose on the canvas of irrelevance

Not a meteorologist, in fact more of an idiot than anything. You should probably check with the NHC or a local NWS office for official information.

Stormgodess
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#3582 Postby Stormgodess » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 am

A question, In hindsight

Should there have been mandatory evacuation orders? And if so, where?
1 likes   

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#3583 Postby Blinhart » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:22 am

EquusStorm wrote:Fiancee's mom says her niece's home near Stapleton was unroofed, and family in Summerdale is essentially trapped by massive flooding on the dead end road they're on. Lots of wind damage pics well inland on Twitter; will try to pull some up

United Cajun Navy is already over there doing search and rescue, might want to get with them on facebook and let them know where the family is.
6 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3584 Postby Steve » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:22 am

I saw where a crane fell on the Bay Bridge wiping out a section of it. The only way to get off Gulf Breeze now would be Garcon Point Bridge. Crazy. I cross that bridge multiple times a month (and last Thursday/Friday/Saturday) when I was down there. They still have a ton of work to do on the bridge, but this is crazy.
4 likes   

jhpigott
Category 2
Category 2

#3585 Postby jhpigott » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:24 am

Aric Dunn wrote:
ColdMiser123 wrote:Another interesting post-season analysis report is on the way for this storm with a measured peak FL wind of 110 KT about an hour before the storm officially made landfall. That supports 99 KT at the surface, but how much of those winds actually mixed down to the surface will be worth analyzing post-season.

Looks like it made landfall at near or at peak intensity.

I can tell you a lot of the winds mixed down...

What were the highest winds you recorded?
0 likes   

mpic
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3586 Postby mpic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:25 am

Blinhart wrote:
EquusStorm wrote:Fiancee's mom says her niece's home near Stapleton was unroofed, and family in Summerdale is essentially trapped by massive flooding on the dead end road they're on. Lots of wind damage pics well inland on Twitter; will try to pull some up

United Cajun Navy is already over there doing search and rescue, might want to get with them on facebook and let them know where the family is.

I believe they use the Zello PT Walkie Talkie app
1 likes   
NE of Houston

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#3587 Postby Blinhart » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:26 am

Steve wrote:I saw where a crane fell on the Bay Bridge wiping out a section of it. The only way to get off Gulf Breeze now would be Garcon Point Bridge. Crazy. I cross that bridge multiple times a month (and last Thursday/Friday/Saturday) when I was down there. They still have a ton of work to do on the bridge, but this is crazy.

I know they said a crane fell on the "Three Mile Bridge" but I also saw video of a barge hitting the lower parts of that bridge, so it might be both caused the huge gap in the bridge.
1 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#3588 Postby Blinhart » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:26 am

mpic wrote:
Blinhart wrote:

Not sure, they might
2 likes   

mpic
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3589 Postby mpic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:27 am

Blinhart wrote:
mpic wrote:
Blinhart wrote:

Not sure, they might

They did in Harvey
0 likes   
NE of Houston

EquusStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#3590 Postby EquusStorm » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:27 am

0 likes   

Not a meteorologist, in fact more of an idiot than anything. You should probably check with the NHC or a local NWS office for official information.

setxweathergal64
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#3591 Postby setxweathergal64 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 am

mpic wrote:
Blinhart wrote:
mpic wrote:

Not sure, they might

They did in Harvey

I just saw someone post zello.com/sallyhelp and also says USCF incident command.
1 likes   
Texas Strong ❤

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#3592 Postby Blinhart » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 am

setxweathergal64 wrote:
mpic wrote:
Blinhart wrote:
Not sure, they might

They did in Harvey

I just saw someone post zello.com/sallyhelp and also says USCF incident command.

cajunrelief.org also for rescue requests.

They also have an I-phone app - Cajun Navy Ground Force
Last edited by Blinhart on Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#3593 Postby TheStormExpert » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:42 am

Just like with the others if Sally has more time over water it would’ve been a major.

https://twitter.com/stuostro/status/1306264076918587392

6 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

HeeBGBz
Category 1
Category 1

#3594 Postby HeeBGBz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:51 am

wx98 wrote:
Beef Stew wrote:Given the pace at which Sally's crawling forward and the absurd rainfall rates, the impact from inland flooding will almost definitely be greater than it was in Ivan.

And there’s still hours of rain to go for the panhandle. Those firehose feeder bands won’t stop even if the storm is on land.

After diligently watching Sally's run for the coast, she hooked a right on me. I bet we didn't get an inch of rain where I'm at in Biloxi. Had some strongish winds but all the rain was on the east side. One good point, still have electricity.
2 likes   

Hammo414
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#3595 Postby Hammo414 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:57 am

Steve wrote:I saw where a crane fell on the Bay Bridge wiping out a section of it. The only way to get off Gulf Breeze now would be Garcon Point Bridge. Crazy. I cross that bridge multiple times a month (and last Thursday/Friday/Saturday) when I was down there. They still have a ton of work to do on the bridge, but this is crazy.

Apparently, the areas of the bridge where the barge, the crane, and the location of the missing piece are all separate parts of the bridge. Brand new bridge too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 likes   

wx98
Category 5
Category 5

#3596 Postby wx98 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:08 pm

mpic wrote:Have friends on 75 in Atlanta going to Ft. Myers. Is it safe?

If they are going now, then yes. May hit some rain below Macon but the severe stuff is still to the west and moving slowly.
2 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3597 Postby Steve » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 pm

mpic wrote:Have friends on 75 in Atlanta going to Ft. Myers. Is it safe?

The 75 is way east of there (Lake City or so). They shouldn't have any issues if they're on the road now.
2 likes   

EquusStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#3598 Postby EquusStorm » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:20 pm

Dunno if it's been mentioned but the Gulf State Park pier that was wiped out in Ivan and rebuilt has been wiped out again. Just had some renovation and was about to reopen.
4 likes   

Stormgodess
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#3599 Postby Stormgodess » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:23 pm

Blinhart wrote:
setxweathergal64 wrote:
mpic wrote:
They did in Harvey

cajunrelief.org also for rescue requests.

They also have an I-phone app - Cajun Navy Ground Force

Cajun Navy 2016/Pinnacle search and rescue, have teams stationed in Foley, Al. And another team that just cut through 16 miles of downed Trees going from Bay Minette heading to Orange Beach

https://www.facebook.com/cajunnavy2016.org

They say call 911 first, then text them

0 likes   

ObsessedMiami
Category 1
Category 1

#3600 Postby ObsessedMiami » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:39 pm

Just an observation: My brother in Liberty County to the east received 7 inches of rain from 6 am to 11 am this morning at his farm via his rain gauge. Some serious flooding will be widespread across the Panhandle
3 likes   

Return to “2020”