TERRORIST ATTACK LIKELY THIS SUMMER>>> NEW INFO. BR

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

azskyman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#61 Postby azskyman » Thu May 27, 2004 7:42 am

Be vigilant. Plan at least some contingency. And hope it does not come to pass.

The terrorists are great at exploiting our fears and our sense of fairness. They love that we put so much value on human life, because they do not.

Sure, they would love to pull off a major hit inside this country with all eyes looking someplace else, but they also consider it a victory when we quit traveling by plane or stay away from ballgames.

Truth is...our OWN intelligence, our own minds, now know they want to kill Americans...so the source of the specific threats is a bonus if we can defend ourselves and keep those from happening. In a free country, it is simply not possible to see every possible thing that is happening....so it will happen somewhere, someday.

What they have underestimated, I'm sure, is our true anger and true desire to protect this country from rule by hate. They will discover that when they pull the trigger again.

Until then...Dennis said it....live our lives as though this day is your last, a good rule in peaceful times as well.
0 likes   

#62 Postby Guest » Thu May 27, 2004 9:57 am

At least, terrorists in USA shall miss some weapons...

US-BOUND KALASHNIKOVS: An Italian finance police officer shows weapons, including 7,500 Kalashnikov assault rifles, seized in a container from a ship bound for New York, at Gioia Tauro harbour near Reggio Calabria, southern Italy, on Tuesday, April 20. The weapons - AK-47s, AKM rifles and machine guns worth more than € 5 million (US$ 6 million) - were found in cargo containers on board a Turkish-flagged ship that docked at the Calabrian port. (AP Photo/Adriana Sapone)
0 likes   

Wnghs2007
Category 5
Category 5

#63 Postby Wnghs2007 » Thu May 27, 2004 10:10 am

PaolofromRome wrote:At least, terrorists in USA shall miss some weapons...

US-BOUND KALASHNIKOVS: An Italian finance police officer shows weapons, including 7,500 Kalashnikov assault rifles, seized in a container from a ship bound for New York, at Gioia Tauro harbour near Reggio Calabria, southern Italy, on Tuesday, April 20. The weapons - AK-47s, AKM rifles and machine guns worth more than € 5 million (US$ 6 million) - were found in cargo containers on board a Turkish-flagged ship that docked at the Calabrian port. (AP Photo/Adriana Sapone)

Holy Crud Paolo. Those are some major weapons.
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#64 Postby streetsoldier » Thu May 27, 2004 11:41 am

Those are basic, B-flat Automat Kalashnikovs...some (AK 47) chambered for .7.62 x 39R, others for .5.56 x 39R; plus a few "Krinkov" short, holster-carried types and a few Dragunov long-range rifles...really quite commonplace worldwide.

Now, if I saw one of the new Russian AK 99 5.56 x 39R models, I'd be worried...those things have a "floating barrel" ejection and recoil reducing system that makes them THE small arm of the 21st Century...just as the original AK design, now 57 years old (based on the German WW II STG/MP 44), is still state-of-the-art compared to US and NATO weapons.
0 likes   

Rainband

#65 Postby Rainband » Thu May 27, 2004 3:36 pm

streetsoldier wrote:Those are basic, B-flat Automat Kalashnikovs...some (AK 47) chambered for .7.62 x 39R, others for .5.56 x 39R; plus a few "Krinkov" short, holster-carried types and a few Dragunov long-range rifles...really quite commonplace worldwide.

Now, if I saw one of the new Russian AK 99 5.56 x 39R models, I'd be worried...those things have a "floating barrel" ejection and recoil reducing system that makes them THE small arm of the 21st Century...just as the original AK design, now 57 years old (based on the German WW II STG/MP 44), is still state-of-the-art compared to US and NATO weapons.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Man you know your guns :wink: Any gun can kill..so I am glad they stopped those weapons. Although I doubt they were for terrorists :wink:
0 likes   

coriolis
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#66 Postby coriolis » Thu May 27, 2004 6:21 pm

Sheesh, there's enough there for a battalion. They caught this one, how many got through?
0 likes   
This space for rent.

BEER980
Category 5
Category 5

#67 Postby BEER980 » Thu May 27, 2004 7:17 pm

That was determined to be a legit shipment going to Century Arms. There was a paperwork misunderstanding if I remember. I think the one found in CA was a larger shipment.
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#68 Postby streetsoldier » Thu May 27, 2004 10:54 pm

Oh, yasssss...I forgot about THAT shipment.

Those going to Century Arms and/or Federal Arms Corporation had been rendered "semi-automatic" only (one shot per pull of the trigger, folks), and some of them literally had to be "wrestled" out of the hands of warehouses in Europe whose Greens (particularly in Austria), tried to block the shipments...even though the rifles WERE legally authorized, altered/manufactured per ATF specs, and paid for.

Note the one being held for the camera? That is a semi-auto copy of a Hungarian paratroop/police model, previously unseen outside the Warsaw Pact...I wouldn't mind owning one of those, since they (like the Bulgarian AKs) were manufactured with milled, rather than stamped steel parts.

(God, how I LOVE people who try to "save me from myself"... :grrr: )

Those in CA, on the other hand, were Chinese "full-auto" AK 90 (Norinco, made for the PRC Army) variants, chambered for the newer 5.56 x 39R cartridge; fully automatic weapons have been, and are still banned for public sale or ownership (unless one has a VERY rare Class III ATF license) since 1934. BIG difference, ladies and gentlemen.
0 likes   

#69 Postby Guest » Fri May 28, 2004 3:38 am

streetsoldier wrote:Note the one being held for the camera? That is a semi-auto copy of a Hungarian paratroop/police model, previously unseen outside the Warsaw Pact...I wouldn't mind owning one of those, since they (like the Bulgarian AKs) were manufactured with milled, rather than stamped steel parts.

(God, how I LOVE people who try to "save me from myself"... :grrr: )

Those in CA, on the other hand, were Chinese "full-auto" AK 90 (Norinco, made for the PRC Army) variants, chambered for the newer 5.56 x 39R cartridge; fully automatic weapons have been, and are still banned for public sale or ownership (unless one has a VERY rare Class III ATF license) since 1934. BIG difference, ladies and gentlemen.

let me talk to the police, maybe they're still in time to free the shipment, with an apology letter for not having stopped the right weapons.
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#70 Postby streetsoldier » Fri May 28, 2004 7:43 am

Thanks, Paolo! BTW, I'm Bill...you'd call me "Guglielmo" if I were Italian. :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”