2nd half of January-Blizzard 2nd half of February-Huge Blizz

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
krysof

2nd half of January-Blizzard 2nd half of February-Huge Blizz

#1 Postby krysof » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:47 am

Huge blizzard? The first half of February will not be as mild in the east as the first half of January, but the 2 nd half of February is likely to have a huge blizzard once again. It is not over yet. I'm going to enjoy the snow I got now, but beware of blizzard in February, potentially 2nd half.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: 2nd half of January-Blizzard 2nd half of February-Huge B

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:21 am

krysof wrote:Huge blizzard? The first half of February will not be as mild in the east as the first half of January, but the 2 nd half of February is likely to have a huge blizzard once again. It is not over yet. I'm going to enjoy the snow I got now, but beware of blizzard in February, potentially 2nd half.

How do you come up with this information. Please provide us with some back up to your claim.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

JenyEliza
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby JenyEliza » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:48 am

vbhoutex wrote:
krysof wrote:Huge blizzard? The first half of February will not be as mild in the east as the first half of January, but the 2 nd half of February is likely to have a huge blizzard once again. It is not over yet. I'm going to enjoy the snow I got now, but beware of blizzard in February, potentially 2nd half.

How do you come up with this information. Please provide us with some back up to your claim.

Old Farmer's Almanac maybe?
0 likes   

krysof

#4 Postby krysof » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:20 am

Well that is what the old farmer's almanac and the farmer's almanac said. I will trust them. Once again boston gets the big snows. I really want that 2-3 foot snows and 6 foot + snow drifts as much as I want a hurricane.
0 likes   

Garrettj
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#5 Postby Garrettj » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:25 am

He's right, check the farmers almanac, and other websites that predict long range forecasts, it said 8-12 inches for mid-atlantics and 2-3 feet of snow for new england, im anticipating
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby Stephanie » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:40 am

Yeah but the Old Farmer's Almanac also had "rain and mild" for Jan 21 - 25 in the Atlantic Corridor. :roll:
0 likes   

krysof

#7 Postby krysof » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:00 pm

Yeah but they were pretty much right about the above normal temperatures for most of January. I look at the gfs several days in advance and on the 31st they show an area of low pressure riding up the coast again from the gulf of mexico. At this time temperatures will be well above freezing but if an area of high pressure were to drag down again and the low is further east, than there is a possibility of more snow. Right now its unlikely but this storm suprised us a little. The gfs had this storm 7-8 days out and bam here it is. There is a better chance of cold air with the 12z gfs 10 days out or the 2-3 rd day of February. Again an area of low pressure will ride up the coast but more cold air will be funneled down and freezing temperatures are expected inland with some moisture.
0 likes   

Fodie77
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#8 Postby Fodie77 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:40 pm

krysof wrote:Yeah but they were pretty much right about the above normal temperatures for most of January. I look at the gfs several days in advance and on the 31st they show an area of low pressure riding up the coast again from the gulf of mexico. At this time temperatures will be well above freezing but if an area of high pressure were to drag down again and the low is further east, than there is a possibility of more snow. Right now its unlikely but this storm suprised us a little. The gfs had this storm 7-8 days out and bam here it is. There is a better chance of cold air with the 12z gfs 10 days out or the 2-3 rd day of February. Again an area of low pressure will ride up the coast but more cold air will be funneled down and freezing temperatures are expected inland with some moisture.

So, you're saying there's a slight possibility of a storm around the first part of February?
0 likes   

krysof

#9 Postby krysof » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:34 pm

There is a slight possibility of snow for the first part of February! I will look at the 18z and make an observation.
0 likes   

Anonymous

#10 Postby Anonymous » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:02 pm

Can you give us at least a brief assessment of global teleconnections associated with your February assertion?
You made the assertion, you back it up.:)
0 likes   

krysof

#11 Postby krysof » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:53 pm

I'll have info by tomorrow. I need to post it.
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”