Here It Is!!!!!! Long Awaited "Winter Outlook"

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K

Here It Is!!!!!! Long Awaited "Winter Outlook"

#1 Postby Guest » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:44 pm

Ok guys and gals it is up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!...........Click the link below my Signature to go to it....................BTW it will take you to the Storm2K Weather Central Home Page................One there look on the left at the Storm2K products and you will see it listed!!!!!!!! Enjoy................Any comments on it share them here!!!!!!!
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 likes   

DelStormLover
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#2 Postby DelStormLover » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:00 pm

LOVED this part: Speaking of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast I do pretty much feel that the coastal areas will get on atleast one decent sized snowstorm which could affect coastal areas such as the Delmarva who btw should get in on alot of the snow action this year with the type of set up I see unlike last year which most of the DE/MD/VA coast avoided........Time to pay up........LOL.
0 likes   

nystate
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby nystate » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:35 pm

Looks great! I'm sure this may sound dumb...but when you say "Northeasterly winds," does that mean winds blowing TO the northeast or FROM the northeast? :?:
0 likes   

#4 Postby Guest » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:44 pm

Well lets say for instance where you are at if im not mistaken................Your favorable wind direction for lake effect snow is west....................Meaning the winds will have a westerly fetch.............So imo this winter the winds will be mostly of a North or notrtheasterly direction which if i am correct is not to favorable for your location as far as lake effect snow goes!!!!!!!!!!!!...............Dont forget like i said in the forecast this does not mean you wont get any lake effect snow......................Just imo the favored lake areas will be farther south................Still looking good though for your area as far as system snow goes though especially early on.....................Plus to be honest i havent seen to many winter when upstate NY doesnt get in on the lake effect.................Either way i am sure you will get some....................Probably nothing like the past few winters though...................
0 likes   

GAStorm
Category 1
Category 1

#5 Postby GAStorm » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:01 pm

Looks great!! I would think that we will finally get something significant in the southeast this year. We are well overdue!! :wink:
0 likes   

JCT777
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby JCT777 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:05 pm

Oops, I did not see this topic. I read your winter outlook Harry and I think it is excellent. See my thoughts in your other "Winter Outlook" topic in this forum.
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#7 Postby Miss Mary » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:30 pm

KOW - thanks for the heads up over at the Off Topic forum. I don't always check here first......if I read your forecast correctly, and given the fact I love cold and snowy winters, I should be very happy this winter! However, I did catch your bad news......ice for this region. That I guess I could pass on.....but bring on the snow I say!!!
0 likes   

MonsoonDude

#8 Postby MonsoonDude » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:15 pm

From the Northeast
0 likes   

Superstorm
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#9 Postby Superstorm » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:46 pm

Hey, King of Weather, great outlook! It BETTER verify! If it's not too much trouble, do you have a link to last year's outlook?
0 likes   

Constructionwx

#10 Postby Constructionwx » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:42 am

GAStorm wrote:Looks great!! I would think that we will finally get something significant in the southeast this year. We are well overdue!! :wink:

I'm drooling :D

Caution Wet Floor
0 likes   

GAStorm
Category 1
Category 1

#11 Postby GAStorm » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:42 am

I'm drooling
Caution Wet Floor

LOL! If that forecast is right, I will be a very happy man! :D
0 likes   

deb_in_nc
Category 3
Category 3

#12 Postby deb_in_nc » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:13 am

Well, I was looking at your snowfall map. I'm in the unpainted area on it. That means that we have a 50/50 chance of snow, right. You should have a slim and none color for us here in S FL, LOL.

Debbie :-D
0 likes   

paradoxsixnine
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

North Carolina Duh

#13 Postby paradoxsixnine » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:36 pm

Okay, so this is my first time posting here, but I am a snow/ice LOVER and I'm hesitant to get too happy about the forecasts on that link. HOWEVER, is what I am thinking correct about this forecast? And that is, like last winter, (I'm in the western part of NC and we had ice, power outages, etc.) we could get the same thing this coming winter?? :roll:
0 likes   

JCT777
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby JCT777 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:50 pm

paradoxsixnine - Welcome to storm2k! 8-) It is very possible IMO that the upcoming winter is similar to last winter. In my opinion, it will start cold, but it may end warm. Last winter started cold and stayed cold!
0 likes   

paradoxsixnine
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#15 Postby paradoxsixnine » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:53 pm

Thanks John! From what I've been researching it seems like this Fall (October specifically) will be colder than usual, and that combined with the higher than usual chance of precip sounds like ICE and SNOW sometime down the road from there.

Why do you think it may end warm (as opposed to last year)?
0 likes   

JCT777
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby JCT777 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:42 pm

Just a hunch that El Nino will start to rear its head during the latter part of winter. This is all just a guess - no real scientific data to back it up.
0 likes   

#17 Postby Guest » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:04 pm

Hello paradoxsixnine and welcome to Storm2K!

Now as far as my thinking goes for your area. I believe that the storm track will be relativly close to you....................Reasons for that.

One is the way the Nao is setting up to be running negative alot of the winter especially early on...............Add to that some (Possible) hints of a weak El,Nino comming back this winter which will enhance the moisture along with a little bit of warmer air in some cases that puts your area with the normal Jet set up in this kind of pattern very close to the line which in some cases will bring on the snow and others that Icy mess....................Either way with or without the slight El'Nino effect and all other factors considered this should hold with any doubts if any would be the SE and the Rockies in which case if need be i will tweak this up come October but as it stands right now im pretty overall confident about the comming winter...........

How did i come to this...............
For one i listen to what ALL the others say such as DR.Dewpoint,JB<(He btw does always forecast a snowy winter for the Eastern areas of the US but as well adds the resonings behind his forecast which of course i look for connections to what others are saying) and some other people i listen to as well and break it all down myself then i add the Long range models, Present and past pattern's which includes the NAO, PNA, Sun spot activity and a few other factors which brings me to my outlook..............................Lots of reading and thought did go into this and as always im still checking around for any possible changes which beeing the weather we all know can happen!

BTW i hope this as well helps everyone else out that asked questions as well in relation to this winter outlook! Thanks.

If you have your own thoughts on it then share it even if it dont agrees with mine!
0 likes   

paradoxsixnine
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#18 Postby paradoxsixnine » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:10 pm

Thanks! Who is Dr. Dewpoint?
0 likes   

#19 Postby Guest » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:18 pm

Thank you paradoxsixnine and for that info you wanted!
Here is a link to DR.Dewpoint!

http://www.intellicast.com/DrDewpoint/
0 likes   

paradoxsixnine
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#20 Postby paradoxsixnine » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:02 pm

'Preciate it. **sigh** you know, I could really use some real cold, snowy, icy weather right now. I'm tired of waiting, dammit. :grr:

SO ready for turtlenecks, jackets, gloves, boots, hot chocolate, school snow days (here in the Triad everything virtually shuts down when it snows), trips to Lowe's, etc. I'm almost salivating looking at the maps from that link!
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”