Photos-Winter fun!

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Scott Patterson
Category 2
Category 2

Photos-Winter fun!

#1 Postby Scott Patterson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:16 pm

My wife needed a break from the kids (and me) yesterday, so Kessler, Shaylee and I decided to climb Walton Peak. The kids said they wanted to try something hard, but we didn't know if we could make it or not since in winter it's a 12 mile round trip on snowshoes.

We got a late start, but the kids perservered to the summit. The weather started out clear, but it was windy so in open areas there was a ground blizzard. The kids still had a great time though by the end Shaylee was tired. 12 miles on snowshoes is pretty good for a 7 year old girl, even if she is tough.

After climbing the peak we stopped at Wendy's in Steamboat and then headed home to Kimberly's open arms. It was a great day!

Descending Walton Peak during a ground blizzard:

Sliding down Walton Peak on February 25 during a ground blizzard. The kids had a good time:

Chillin' on the summit of Walton Peak with the kids. High winds and -15F windchill. Good practice for the trip to the Himalayas later this year:

0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#2 Postby CajunMama » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:43 am

Wonderful pictures as usual Scott!
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”