History Jet stream Data

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Cowhide
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

History Jet stream Data

#1 Postby Cowhide » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:04 pm

Could someone direct me to a website where there is historical data on the jet stream? I am trying to find jet stream data from December 13, 1967 (the last time San Diego beaches had measurable snow)I used to have a link, but now can' t seem to find it anywhere on google! thx
2 likes   

Cowhide
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Re: History Jet stream Data

#2 Postby Cowhide » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:36 pm

Nobody has information? Looks like (2) others are interested.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby tolakram » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:24 pm

A google search yields a bunch of data but nothing that goes back that far, at least that I can see.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

1900hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby 1900hurricane » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:18 pm

You should give the 20th Century Reanalysis dataset a look. Just as an example, here's the 300 mb vector wind for 12Z December 13th, 1967 over the CONUS.

1 likes   
Contract Meteorologist. TAMU & MSST. Fiercely authentic, one of a kind. We are all given free will, so choose a life meant to be lived. We are the Masters of our own Stories.
Opinions expressed are mine alone.

Follow me on Twitter at @1900hurricane : Read blogs at https://1900hurricane.wordpress.com/

Cowhide
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#5 Postby Cowhide » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:16 am

Thank you for that piece of information 1900hurricane. ..Hmm you would think that the jet stream would be more vertical, and a bit more west of California since the mountains tend to block the coldest of air. That's interesting.
0 likes   

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Thats about what i would think the upper pattern would look like. Big arctic highs can find their way into California with the right setup (like this.)
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Winter Weather”