Florida Weather

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Florida Weather

#17061 Postby gatorcane » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:26 am

Weak Bermuda High for the next several days with light and variable winds. Haven’t seen this pattern in two months. Because the Bermuda High is weak and displaced more northeast, it should mean more widespread coverage of showers and storms over the eastern half of South Florida for the weekend particularly during the evening hours as outflow boundaries potentially move toward the coast though greatest coverage of storms looks to be over the interior.

Another consequence of a persistent east wind pattern for South Florida is the volume of sargassum weed that has piled up along the beaches on the Atlantic side to the point you can’t even swim in some areas. Sargassum weed season peaks during the summer months but without any W or SW winds to push it offshore, it seems to be even more in abundance this summer.
2 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17062 Postby chaser1 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:04 pm

yep, that as well as those nasty Portuguese Man O' War
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TheHurricaneGod
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#17063 Postby TheHurricaneGod » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:13 pm

CPC has the east coast of Florida under abnormally dry as the easterly flow regime continues. Later this week, it should become more southerly allowing for better rain chances on the east coast. Hot and humid weather will continue for the next month, and we probably won't see the first real cold front until mid-october or so (for S FL)
0 likes   

TheHurricaneGod
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#17064 Postby TheHurricaneGod » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:07 pm

today a miracle happened. 60% percent chance of rain, and managed to not receive a single drop of rain!

just kidding. it's been happening over and over again all summer.
0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17065 Postby gatorcane » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:50 pm

TheHurricaneGod wrote:today a miracle happened. 60% percent chance of rain, and managed to not receive a single drop of rain!

just kidding. it's been happening over and over again all summer.

Slim pickings here in South Florida this summer for substantial rain especially by the coast. Amazing how much it rains once you get across Alligator Alley in Naples even along the coast there. Whenever I check the radar in the afternoon or evening, there is some storm over Naples. Just haven’t seen many days this summer with W or SW windflow. We might just see this pattern though over the next several days so we will see if finally we get some rain here.
0 likes   

TheHurricaneGod
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#17066 Postby TheHurricaneGod » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:56 am

Oh hey now. Its finally raining. just within 2 miles either direction of my exact location. not a drop here. plenty of lightning though.
0 likes   

TheHurricaneGod
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#17067 Postby TheHurricaneGod » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:31 pm

very intense lightning storm and a certified toad strangler tonight. lots of close strikes and deafening thunder. S FL delivers the goods tonight.
2 likes   

TheHurricaneGod
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#17068 Postby TheHurricaneGod » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:57 pm

TheHurricaneGod wrote:very intense lightning storm and a certified toad strangler tonight. lots of close strikes and deafening thunder. S FL delivers the goods tonight.

another one today. it was like a mini TS.
0 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#17069 Postby Iceresistance » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:46 pm

TheHurricaneGod wrote:
TheHurricaneGod wrote:very intense lightning storm and a certified toad strangler tonight. lots of close strikes and deafening thunder. S FL delivers the goods tonight.

another one today. it was like a mini TS.

Glad that I'm out of Florida since May! :lol:
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

canes92
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#17070 Postby canes92 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:03 pm

Any news of a cold front? Would be nice.
0 likes   

Patrick99
Category 5
Category 5

#17071 Postby Patrick99 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:57 pm

So I know a lot of people root against hurricanes coming to the peninsula.....and I get it on that certain level, but wow, it's always a downer for me when I'm in the cone, I get all excited for some squally weather to watch, and then the forecast inevitably shifts away as it nearly always does these days. I know it sounds weird, and maybe it's just that I'm a severe weather chaser at heart, but it always really bums me out when the models "trend away." The adrenaline starts pumping, and then it's just like........oh......again.

Maybe I just need to convince the wife to let me pursue storm chasing as a hobby. I'm sure that would go over exceedingly well :lol:
1 likes   

HurricaneBelle
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17072 Postby HurricaneBelle » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:36 pm

Patrick99 wrote:So I know a lot of people root against hurricanes coming to the peninsula.....and I get it on that certain level, but wow, it's always a downer for me when I'm in the cone, I get all excited for some squally weather to watch, and then the forecast inevitably shifts away as it nearly always does these days. I know it sounds weird, and maybe it's just that I'm a severe weather chaser at heart, but it always really bums me out when the models "trend away." The adrenaline starts pumping, and then it's just like........oh......again.

Maybe I just need to convince the wife to let me pursue storm chasing as a hobby. I'm sure that would go over exceedingly well :lol:

I hear you. I don't want a direct hit from a major or the power out for days or a tree through my house but I do want to see at least some marginal TS conditions.
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17073 Postby chaser1 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:47 pm

Patrick99 wrote:So I know a lot of people root against hurricanes coming to the peninsula.....and I get it on that certain level, but wow, it's always a downer for me when I'm in the cone, I get all excited for some squally weather to watch, and then the forecast inevitably shifts away as it nearly always does these days. I know it sounds weird, and maybe it's just that I'm a severe weather chaser at heart, but it always really bums me out when the models "trend away." The adrenaline starts pumping, and then it's just like........oh......again.

I feel your pain lol. Better if you were a chaser first.... and THEN met your wife. At least then she'd accept the chasing as part of the package. But for now, enjoy the weather!
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TheHurricaneGod
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#17074 Postby TheHurricaneGod » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:13 am

The rainy season might be over down here after the passage of hurricane Ian. Forecast dries out significantly starting Friday. It's that time of year anyway.
0 likes   

HurricaneBelle
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17075 Postby HurricaneBelle » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:09 pm

TheHurricaneGod wrote:The rainy season might be over down here after the passage of hurricane Ian. Forecast dries out significantly starting Friday. It's that time of year anyway.

Windows open here in the Tampa Bay area, about a month ahead of last year.
0 likes   

FlaWeatherDude
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#17076 Postby FlaWeatherDude » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:05 pm

For the past day or so models have been adamant one our first significant front of the season starting next weekend onward! If so this October will be the coolest in many years!
0 likes   
"Windy has wings to fly above the clouds".

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17077 Postby chaser1 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:27 pm

Yep, at least here in Central Florida - Fall is here. Lower overnight lows and lower humidity. I'll happily take the early reprieve :layout:
0 likes   

FlaWeatherDude
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#17078 Postby FlaWeatherDude » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:06 am

After this weekends front we are slated to get a strong bona fide dry season front med next week with temps in the 70's/50's with much lower humidity across central Florida(even south Florida will feel it!
0 likes   
"Windy has wings to fly above the clouds".

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17079 Postby gatorcane » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:58 pm

Looks like a robust front on the ECMWF for next week. Quite a cool down for October:

1 likes   

underthwx
Category 5
Category 5

#17080 Postby underthwx » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:01 pm

gatorcane wrote:Looks like a robust front on the ECMWF for next week. Quite a cool down for October:

https://i.postimg.cc/zXsb8Cm6/ecmwf-T2ma-us-fh84-168.gif

Yall deserve a nice cool down in Florida, as yall recover from Ian....I wish yall cool breezes, and sunny skies...
2 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”