Florida Weather

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Florida Weather

#15881 Postby psyclone » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:33 pm

I'm sympathetic to storm expert's plight of being whiffed by convection. But that does mean someone else is cashing in. After a 2 month mini drought..my convective roulette wheel hit a hot streak. Wishing everyone similar luck
2 likes   

toad strangler
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15882 Postby toad strangler » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:03 am

Not used to the AM thunderstorms I'm getting right now on the Treasure Coast.
1 likes   

Lexicals
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#15883 Postby Lexicals » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:24 am

Just had a pretty decent storm cell roll through PSL/Stuart that brought along some hail. They were about dime-sized here in Stuart.
0 likes   
Frances '04, Jeanne '04, Wilma '05, Matthew '16, Irma '17, just to name a few :cheesy:

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15884 Postby chaser1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:36 am

Lexicals wrote:Just had a pretty decent storm cell roll through PSL/Stuart that brought along some hail. They were about dime-sized here in Stuart.

After reading your post, I just took a quick look at radar. That was a nice cell that popped there. Impressive lift to have resulted in hail. Must have been some pretty good heating from early morning but there may be yet another wave of weather coming toward you. Did you all get some pretty good wind gusts and lightning as well with that cell?

Looks like another cluster coming together that'll smack the Boca to West Palm Beach area soon. Looks like a point of convergence from the southwest is coming up against the sagging front accros S. Fla. is resulting in some strong convection popping over and East of Lake 'O. Greenacres looking like they're about to get smacked with potential severe hail and strong straight line wind gusts soon.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

toad strangler
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15885 Postby toad strangler » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:37 am

Lexicals wrote:Just had a pretty decent storm cell roll through PSL/Stuart that brought along some hail. They were about dime-sized here in Stuart.

Had pea sized hail in St. Lucie West for about 5 minutes this morning
0 likes   

Lexicals
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#15886 Postby Lexicals » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:28 pm

chaser1 wrote:

After reading your post, I just took a quick look at radar. That was a nice cell that popped there. Impressive lift to have resulted in hail. Must have been some pretty good heating from early morning but there may be yet another wave of weather coming toward you. Did you all get some pretty good wind gusts and lightning as well with that cell?

Looks like another cluster coming together that'll smack the Boca to West Palm Beach area soon. Looks like a point of convergence from the southwest is coming up against the sagging front accros S. Fla. is resulting in some strong convection popping over and East of Lake 'O. Greenacres looking like they're about to get smacked with potential severe hail and strong straight line wind gusts soon.

Surprisingly the wind gusts weren't that strong and the lightning wasn't anything abnormal, I was actually pretty surprised to see hail. But you're right- looks like WPB is getting hammered at the moment. I'm hearing some pretty persistent distant thunder from the cells down there.
0 likes   
Frances '04, Jeanne '04, Wilma '05, Matthew '16, Irma '17, just to name a few :cheesy:

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#15887 Postby TheStormExpert » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:29 pm

It’s storming big time now in Eastern Palm Beach County! :D
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

Patrick99
Category 5
Category 5

#15888 Postby Patrick99 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:15 am

Got some rain in Miami. Nothing severe, though there was a power outage for about an hour and 15 minutes.

Now we wait several days for the atmosphere to moisten back up.
0 likes   

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15889 Postby psyclone » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:46 pm

There's a good line of storms out in the gulf chugging eastward. Looks like another late night wake up call
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#15890 Postby TheStormExpert » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:20 pm

Yet another near to slightly below average day on Friday all in thanks to yet another cool front passage tomorrow, thanks East Coast trough! :D
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15891 Postby gatorcane » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:23 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:Yet another near to slightly below average day on Friday all in thanks to yet another cool front passage tomorrow, thanks East Coast trough! :D

Yep pattern flipped to east coast troughiness in April but too late to get any real cold air down here. That said should be some beautiful weather over the next 10 days (once the fronts move through). Enjoy because the heat and humidity will be back soon enough.
0 likes   

HurricaneBelle
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15892 Postby HurricaneBelle » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:59 pm

psyclone wrote:There's a good line of storms out in the gulf chugging eastward. Looks like another late night wake up call

Hopefully I'm not waking up in the middle of the night to opening Radar Scope and seeing a red polygon over my house like I did last week.

These should come through earlier, about 2AM, rather than last week's 5:30 AM special. Seeing a tremendous amount of lightning on the real time lightning maps with these so they will not be slept through.
0 likes   

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15893 Postby psyclone » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:42 pm

Our storms are weakening on approach but still a nice rain is incoming at night. Way to end what has been a great April after a total yard sale wipeout in March.
0 likes   

NotSparta
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#15894 Postby NotSparta » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:07 am

Getting some nice thunderstorms and rain right now :D
1 likes   
This post was probably an opinion of mine, and in no way is official. Please refer to http://www.hurricanes.gov for official tropical analysis and advisories.

My website, with lots of tropical wx graphics, including satellite and recon: http://cyclonicwx.com

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#15895 Postby TheStormExpert » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:24 am

Just got clipped about an hour or so ago here in Palm Beach Gardens with a quick downpour, more storms are moving NE out of SW Florida near Naples.
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#15896 Postby TheStormExpert » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:25 am

NotSparta wrote:Getting some nice thunderstorms and rain right now :D

How much rain do you think you’re receiving? I know you’re still getting some good rains! 8-)
1 likes   

HURRICANELONNY
Category 5
Category 5

#15897 Postby HURRICANELONNY » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:41 pm

Good line came through my area in hollywood. Was heading to popeyes aoround 2 when it hit. Couldn't see in front of me so pulled over at polo tropical. I had there chicken sandwich. Not bad but popeyes rules. :(
0 likes   
hurricanelonny

NotSparta
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#15898 Postby NotSparta » Fri May 01, 2020 6:28 am

TheStormExpert wrote:
NotSparta wrote:Getting some nice thunderstorms and rain right now :D

How much rain do you think you’re receiving? I know you’re still getting some good rains! 8-)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think we've had 1-2" in the past week. Starting to climb out of the defecit :ggreen:
1 likes   
This post was probably an opinion of mine, and in no way is official. Please refer to http://www.hurricanes.gov for official tropical analysis and advisories.

My website, with lots of tropical wx graphics, including satellite and recon: http://cyclonicwx.com

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15899 Postby psyclone » Fri May 01, 2020 1:10 pm

After plenty of May like heat in March it seems only fitting to kick of May with a scoop of March. Here's to cheering on more late season dry air and below normal temps..
1 likes   

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#15900 Postby floridasun78 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:13 pm

we have cool start of may we drop to low 60s and high not that high was low 80s
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”