Texas Fall-2014

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Texas Fall-2014

#1 Postby Tireman4 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:24 am

Getting it out of the way early. :)
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby Tireman4 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:03 pm

We are coming up on it. Just wanted to keep it in everyone's mind. The days are getting shorter and (eventually), the temperatures will cool. :)
0 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re: Texas Fall-2014

#3 Postby Portastorm » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:46 am

You're such an optimistic fellow! I like that. :wink:

Yes the days are already getting shorter and wxman57 is doing all he can to get his heat engine going in Texas. Let's hope this fall that we can thwart his efforts.
0 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Tireman4 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:51 am

Just NTXW stating there maybe a cold front next week has piqued my curiosity even further...:) Come on Fall...
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby Tireman4 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Fall is coming. :)
0 likes   

texas1836
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#6 Postby texas1836 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:56 pm

:uarrow: Feels like it's here, 66 this morning at the DWC in McKinney and currently 85. I like it.
0 likes   

Ralph's Weather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby Ralph's Weather » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:03 pm

As far as I am concerned we an entered early fall weather pattern in mid-July this year as that was the beginning of what is turning out to be periodic cold fronts that are not characteristic of late summer. From July 17-19th Tyler did not go above 76. There were 85 consecutive hours below 80 in Tyler.
0 likes   
Follow on Facebook at Ralph's Weather.

texas1836
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#8 Postby texas1836 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:30 am

I wish that early Fall weather pattern would come back.
0 likes   

Ralph's Weather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby Ralph's Weather » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:42 pm

With the tropical activity spread across the Pacific I will be interested to see the combined effect that they have on our mid-August weather.
0 likes   
Follow on Facebook at Ralph's Weather.

gboudx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby gboudx » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:28 am

Member, Outerbank, had posted this link on the Talking Tropics forum, but cross-posting it here since I know us Texan posters may be interested.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-n ... x/31254218
0 likes   

BrokenGlassRepublicn
Category 1
Category 1

#11 Postby BrokenGlassRepublicn » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:38 pm

So, with meteorological Fall less than 2 weeks away, when will the upper 90s heat finally break?
0 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re:

#12 Postby Portastorm » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:43 pm

BrokenGlassRepublicn wrote:So, with meteorological Fall less than 2 weeks away, when will the upper 90s heat finally break?

Good reminder ... we usually have our "When will the first real cold front of autumn arrive?" pool on Storm 2k. For the Austin area, climatologically, we get our first real front (temp drops into the 80s for highs with much lower humidity and a north wind) around September 23-25 time frame.
0 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

texas1836
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#13 Postby texas1836 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:59 pm

I really hope it's earlier for you guys.
0 likes   

ravyrn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby ravyrn » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Two days to go! Wahoo!
0 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#15 Postby Portastorm » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:51 am

Alrightee then ... here we are starting September and the generally accepted view that we're embarking into autumn. Of course, for most of us it feels nothing like autumn as heat/humidity continue to bake us.

I'll tell you what ... I'm disappointed that we had a favorable pattern for rain with strong easterlies and Gulf inflow and couldn't get hardly anything in the state outside of the coast. I think Ntxw is right in that our best hope for "tropical" moisture is going to have to come from Pacific storms. The Atlantic and Gulf just aren't cooperating. :roll:
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#16 Postby Ntxw » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:57 am

With the OK from Porta over in the summer thread, Happy first day of meteorological fall! Sept/Oct/Nov is our second wet season may we all get plenty of rain this season. Analogs suggest early Oct look for some strong cold fronts.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

JDawg512
Category 5
Category 5

#17 Postby JDawg512 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:17 pm

Well, we start up where we left off Lol. Trying to set up for a BBQ this afternoon and the humidity is just horrible. It was nice to get over an inch on Friday but I have to come inside every few minutes and dry off infront of a fan. :break:

Even though it's Meteorological Autumn, Summer tends to hang on past the Atumnal Equinox. Was really hoping for an early start but we just got teased.
0 likes   
Resident Rain Miser

I am a weather hobbyist living 3.5 miles south of Downtown Austin and in no way or fashion should anything I say concerning forecasts be taken seriously. Please check your local NWS for accurate weather forecasting and conditions.

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#18 Postby TheProfessor » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:03 pm

I have a question, So I usually have very bad allergies, but the Summer is usually the only time I don't have them, and in the past 2 weeks I've had a Sinus and Ear infection, which I don't usually get until winter or early spring. I can usually go through the whole fall with out getting sick. Is this just a coincidence or is is a possible sign for an early Fall and or Winter?
0 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re:

#19 Postby Ntxw » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:26 pm

TheProfessor wrote:I have a question, So I usually have very bad allergies, but the Summer is usually the only time I don't have them, and in the past 2 weeks I've had a Sinus and Ear infection, which I don't usually get until winter or early spring. I can usually go through the whole fall with out getting sick. Is this just a coincidence or is is a possible sign for an early Fall and or Winter?

I think it depends on what allergies you have. For me its ragweed (if higher than usual) in fall and mountain cedar (nasty vermins!) In winter. Ive struggled a few times past couple of weeks to ragweed.

EURO has some chilly air over North America in the long range with deep mid continent trof
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Re:

#20 Postby TheProfessor » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Ntxw wrote:
TheProfessor wrote:I have a question, So I usually have very bad allergies, but the Summer is usually the only time I don't have them, and in the past 2 weeks I've had a Sinus and Ear infection, which I don't usually get until winter or early spring. I can usually go through the whole fall with out getting sick. Is this just a coincidence or is is a possible sign for an early Fall and or Winter?

I think it depends on what allergies you have. For me its ragweed (if higher than usual) in fall and mountain cedar (nasty vermins!) In winter. Ive struggled a few times past couple of weeks to ragweed.

EURO has some chilly air over North America in the long range with deep mid continent trof

I have too many to count, but most of them usually only occur in late fall-winter and sometimes Spring, I rarely get sick once in the Summer much less 3 times. (I also got sick in July)
0 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”