Texas Spring-2015

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
WeatherNewbie
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re:

#2161 Postby WeatherNewbie » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:42 pm

TheProfessor wrote:Did they move both the Rangers and the Astros for they're Wednesday and Thursday Games? For the Rangers they were playing the Dodgers at home yesterday and are at home today, but then they go to La for tomorrow and Thursday. I've never seen that before. The Astros are doing the same with the Rockies.

they've been doing this for a couple years now with some of the interleague games.
0 likes   
The above post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#2162 Postby TheProfessor » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:28 pm

Latest NWS FWD garphic, it has the heaviest axis right along the 35 corridor.

0 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#2163 Postby weatherdude1108 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:57 pm

Around the noon hour, Bill was drifting towards the West. As of the latest loop in the near 3pm hour, it appears it is definitely jogging towards the north.
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

gto67
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2164 Postby gto67 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Weimar is getting high winds and horizontal rain. I can't believe we still have power. My radar shows weather should be breaking in hour.
0 likes   

gto67
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2165 Postby gto67 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:33 pm

Rain has stopped in Weimar and wind is decreasing.
0 likes   

gboudx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2166 Postby gboudx » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:19 am

Looks like NCTX is getting hammered with rain. Here in northern San Antonio, the sun is out with cool, dry'ish breezes. But from what I see and read, it's supposed to get worse here as the day wears on.
0 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#2167 Postby weatherdude1108 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:10 am

0 likes   

DonWrk
Category 1
Category 1

#2168 Postby DonWrk » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:58 am

Those high rainfall rates per hour just don't seem to be there with this storm.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re:

#2169 Postby Ntxw » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:14 am

DonWrk wrote:Those high rainfall rates per hour just don't seem to be there with this storm.

They haven't been with the main core I agree. The heaviest stuff has been the banding with the inflow on it's eastern side, Houston is seeing much more today than yesterday. As it drifts NNW the hi RES models are showing more banding lines re-firing, we'll see if this comes to fruition.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#2170 Postby Ntxw » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:31 am

A little off topic for Texas, anyone been following the death ridge in the southeast? Looks like our little friend has camped over there. Parts of South Carolina, Georgia will be parked around 100 for the next 7-14 days. Something I do not miss while it's 70s/80s here.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

DonWrk
Category 1
Category 1

Re:

#2171 Postby DonWrk » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:34 am

Ntxw wrote:A little off topic for Texas, anyone been following the death ridge in the southeast? Looks like our little friend has camped over there. Parts of South Carolina, Georgia will be parked around 100 for the next 7-14 days. Something I do not miss while it's 70s/80s here.

I have definitely noticed that. They are baking over there and the long range continues to show it camped out in the same spot for the following weeks from what I've seen correct?
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re: Re:

#2172 Postby Ntxw » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:41 am

DonWrk wrote:
Ntxw wrote:A little off topic for Texas, anyone been following the death ridge in the southeast? Looks like our little friend has camped over there. Parts of South Carolina, Georgia will be parked around 100 for the next 7-14 days. Something I do not miss while it's 70s/80s here.

I have definitely noticed that. They are baking over there and the long range continues to show it camped out in the same spot for the following weeks from what I've seen correct?

That seems to be it. The past couple of the weeks the Euro (and other guidance) have tried to build it westward and connect with the sonoran ridge. However it has not materialized as the 500mb weakness has persisted over the southern plains. In addition feedback from wet soils and vegetation has helped, inducing the ridge to retreat and sit over the SE US. As result it helped steered Bill into Texas around the ridge vs north or NE like we have seen the past few years. Hard to fight the background state of things.

If you check out the Euro run, you can see the Sonoran ridge building but slowly hops over around Oklahoma and Texas and then sits over the southeast. While a low feature is spinning in New Mexico/Old Mexico, I think this will be the persistent pattern of the summer. The question is will eventually the two ridges be able to hook up and give us a window of real heat? Or is everything transient.
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#2173 Postby TheProfessor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:55 am

:uarrow: If they don't hook up, it could put Texas at more risk if future tropical systems develop.
0 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#2174 Postby Ntxw » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:37 pm

Per Larry over in the ENSO thread (he is very good at interpreting SOI) the second half of June will start seeing severe -SOI drops. We have seen in the past this has a very good correlation with upcoming heavy rain events for Texas. It is quite likely another heavy rain event may occur the final week of June.
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2175 Postby Tireman4 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:30 pm

WeatherNewbie wrote:
TheProfessor wrote:Did they move both the Rangers and the Astros for they're Wednesday and Thursday Games? For the Rangers they were playing the Dodgers at home yesterday and are at home today, but then they go to La for tomorrow and Thursday. I've never seen that before. The Astros are doing the same with the Rockies.

they've been doing this for a couple years now with some of the interleague games.

The Astros are at home with the Rockies. The final game is tonight...
0 likes   

SeGaBob

Re:

#2176 Postby SeGaBob » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:33 pm

Yep, it's supposed to be 101 with a heat index of 113 here today. :(

But it's good (in some areas) for you all to get rain and erase the drought over there. :)
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2177 Postby Tireman4 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:44 pm

SeGaBob wrote:

But it's good (in some areas) for you all to get rain and erase the drought over there. :)

Oh Bob, that drought is a memory. You know weather patterns....give and take. We ( Texas and 2011) were so frustrated because the darned High Pressure Ridge of Death would not move ( and it ate a Tropical Storm...Don)....
0 likes   

davidiowx
Category 1
Category 1

#2178 Postby davidiowx » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:50 pm

TheProfessor wrote::uarrow: If they don't hook up, it could put Texas at more risk if future tropical systems develop.

I would be inclined to say yes, that would be the case.

Tireman4 wrote:
SeGaBob wrote:

Oh Bob, that drought is a memory. You know weather patterns....give and take. We ( Texas and 2011) were so frustrated because the darned High Pressure Ridge of Death would not move ( and it ate a Tropical Storm...Don)....

Yes it literally ate Don. That is one of the memories I will never forget. The drought and the way Don was just shredded as it made landfall.
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Texas Spring-2015

#2179 Postby Brent » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:22 pm

Interesting to talk about the heat ridge in the east... 2007 was a flood analog here but in Alabama it was the worst heat and drought seen in recent times... Kind of interesting
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re: Texas Spring-2015

#2180 Postby Ntxw » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:54 pm

Brent wrote:Interesting to talk about the heat ridge in the east... 2007 was a flood analog here but in Alabama it was the worst heat and drought seen in recent times... Kind of interesting

I'll have to pull up some analog maps, there is definitely a seesaw correlation. When the southeast is wet, Texas is usually on subsidence side.
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”