Texas Summer-2015

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re:

#501 Postby Ntxw » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:45 pm

SeGaBob wrote:Ntxw, do you see any changes in store for the Southeast?
It hasn't been overly hot (low to mid 90s here) but the humidity each day is ridiculous. Thanks in advance :)

I'm not too familiar with the southeast's climate, isn't humidity a pretty common thing there? I suppose it's very similar to Houston here.

Per ECMWF I picked Savannah since your name references SE GA. looks pretty steady except early next week and later in the week with some rain in the mid 80s. If it's not raining pretty much the same as far as I can tell on the run. Subject to changes though with typhoons re curving. Big central and eastern trough, though not sure if it penetrates far SE GA. Definitely the middle Tennessee valley.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

SeGaBob

#502 Postby SeGaBob » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:59 pm

:uarrow: Yeah the humidity is pretty common here but I still don't like it. :)
Thanks for your answer, you seem to know a good bit about this kind of stuff so I figured I'd ask. 8-)
0 likes   

aggiecutter
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Texas Summer-2015

#503 Postby aggiecutter » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:15 am

Another summer cold front heading to NE Texas:

Tuesday NightMostly clear, with a low around 63.
Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 89.
Wednesday NightMostly clear, with a low around 65.
Thursday Sunny, with a high near 88.
Thursday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 66.
Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 88.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#504 Postby Ntxw » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:01 am

:uarrow: Euro says the next two days in the mid 90s will be warmest this week. Tues/Weds could see another mid 80s and lows again in the upper 60s to near 70! Last week it was a good 5-10 degrees to warm. :cheesy:
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#505 Postby Tireman4 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:14 am

Ntxw wrote::uarrow: Euro says the next two days in the mid 90s will be warmest this week. Tues/Weds could see another mid 80s and lows again in the upper 60s to near 70! Last week it was a good 5-10 degrees to warm. :cheesy:

Umm... I love your long range forecasts sir..you rock...question...are you seeing great temperatures for the great city of Wxman 57?
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re: Re:

#506 Postby Ntxw » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:40 am

Tireman4 wrote:
Ntxw wrote::uarrow: Euro says the next two days in the mid 90s will be warmest this week. Tues/Weds could see another mid 80s and lows again in the upper 60s to near 70! Last week it was a good 5-10 degrees to warm. :cheesy:

Umm... I love your long range forecasts sir..you rock...question...are you seeing great temperatures for the great city of Wxman 57?

Same For Houston, mid week will be best time. I know the heat miser see's it too, he must be getting the heater ready.
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#507 Postby Tireman4 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:13 am

Ntxw wrote:
Tireman4 wrote:

Same For Houston, mid week will be best time. I know the heat miser see's it too, he must be getting the heater ready.

Well, like I have stated before, he is literally right down the road from me. My heater just bonked on me Friday ( yeah, it is really cold in the library). Maybe I will buy two. One for him and one for me. LOL
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#508 Postby Ntxw » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:24 am

:uarrow: Sign of things to come! I've seen a lot of long term guidance hold coolest anomalies relative to averages in South Texas, SE Texas and along the gulf coast. This is typical climo of very strong El Nino's. Wxman57's house will be ground zero (maybe near zero temps? :lol:)

The 1997-1998 El Nino I've heard brought snow to deep south Texas but I can't find any data to back that up. Is this true? Can anyone recall anything?
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Rgv20
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#509 Postby Rgv20 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:23 pm

:uarrow: Yeap we had a Wintry Mix on December 12, 1997 in the Morning to around 3pm and than all Snow from 3 to 6!!! I was in 6th grade lol Most of it melted as temperatures were 33 to 35 most of the day.

This winter I expect alot of London in the Valley by that I mean temperatures in the 40s with drizzle...beautiful weather! 8-)

Edit: To include the date (December 12, 1997)
Last edited by Rgv20 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#510 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:26 am

Rgv20 wrote::uarrow: Yeap we had a Wintry Mix in the Morning to around 3pm and than all Snow from 3 to 6!!! I was in 6th grade lol Most of it melted as temperatures were 33 to 35 most of the day.

This winter I expect alot of London in the Valley by that I mean temperatures in the 40s with drizzle...beautiful weather! 8-)

My memory of 97-98 el nino was driving to PHX from Houston. Just outside of Ft Stockton we ran into a huge area of sleet. Inches of it. While in PHX, they had multiple times of below freezing temps and snow JUST north of Phoenix. Very cold out in West Texas on our drive back too.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#511 Postby TheProfessor » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:41 pm

I like this map

:lol:
0 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

gboudx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#512 Postby gboudx » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:21 pm

:uarrow: I assume you mean for Ohio. You like it now but your opinion may change walking across campus in a foot of snow and -10 degrees. :cheesy:
0 likes   

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#513 Postby TheProfessor » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:25 pm

:uarrow: Well Very Wet and chilly sounded good to me for Texas as well, I'll be spending just about all of December and parts of January back home so I'm hoping for many days of very wet chilly weather. :ggreen: Plus if I'm guaranteed a foot of snow I'll take the -10 degrees temperature. :lol:
0 likes   

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#514 Postby Ntxw » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:21 pm

DFW snuck in another 100F day today (13) between readings.

Fall can't come fast enough.
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#515 Postby Brent » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:59 am

Ntxw wrote:DFW snuck in another 100F day today (13) between readings.

Fall can't come fast enough.

We had a huge downpour around 5pm for about 15 minutes. It was amazing. The edge of that thunderstorm that prompted the warning in Eastern Dallas/Collin.

and then I looked at the GFS meteogram... ugh... when does stupid summer end. :wall: :2gunfire:
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ralph's Weather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#516 Postby Ralph's Weather » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:38 am

Big time storms in East Texas for the morning drive. They seem to be weakening as they head south though. I think I got around an inch maybe a bit more at my house.
0 likes   
Follow on Facebook at Ralph's Weather.

DonWrk
Category 1
Category 1

#517 Postby DonWrk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:49 am

We've managed to dodge the rain pretty good the past few weeks. It's getting pretty bad when you can't even plow the fields because the plow only goes an inch deep.
0 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#518 Postby weatherdude1108 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:05 pm

Looking at the radar around 2pm, I see the outflow boundary clearly. I also see the storms starting to fall apart as they approach the Austin metro. How many times have I seen this scenario play out?
:roll:
No more rain for at least another 7 days after today according to our fearless forecasting leaders.

0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#519 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:06 pm

Just saw a 47 MPH wind gust with these storms on my station. Def the highest i've seen on it since April.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#520 Postby TheProfessor » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:07 pm

A lovely cloudy afternoon in Columbus Ohio 8-)

0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”