Texas Summer-2015

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
JDawg512
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#521 Postby JDawg512 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:15 pm

weatherdude1108 wrote:Looking at the radar around 2pm, I see the outflow boundary clearly. I also see the storms starting to fall apart as they approach the Austin metro. How many times have I seen this scenario play out?
:roll:
No more rain for at least another 7 days after today according to our fearless forecasting leaders.

Yea it does suck but at least the hill country is getting rain and over the Colorado River basin though there's unlikely going to be much runoff, it's better than nothing.
0 likes   
Resident Rain Miser

I am a weather hobbyist living 3.5 miles south of Downtown Austin and in no way or fashion should anything I say concerning forecasts be taken seriously. Please check your local NWS for accurate weather forecasting and conditions.

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#522 Postby Tireman4 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:22 pm

On the other hand, we in Houston did get rain and it is still raining...
0 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#523 Postby weatherdude1108 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:36 pm

JDawg512 wrote:
weatherdude1108 wrote:Looking at the radar around 2pm, I see the outflow boundary clearly. I also see the storms starting to fall apart as they approach the Austin metro. How many times have I seen this scenario play out?
:roll:
No more rain for at least another 7 days after today according to our fearless forecasting leaders.

http://radar.weather.gov/lite/N0R/GRK_loop.gif

Yea it does suck but at least the hill country is getting rain and over the Colorado River basin though there's unlikely going to be much runoff, it's better than nothing.

:uarrow:
That is very true! I was thinking the same thing. Better in the Hill Country with the potential for runoff (though unlikely right now as you said) given how the heat has sucked most (if not all) of the moisture out of the ground since May and June, when we couldn't keep the rain away. Oh the irony. I'll plan on watering tomorrow (on my day of the week).
:sprinkler:
At least it is getting cooler (non-100s).
:wink:
I'm just ready for Super Nino to do its stuff! But I'll also be careful what I wish for. :wink:
Last edited by Ntxw on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed img tags
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#524 Postby Ntxw » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Yeah we all need rain. This is getting out of hand, July was dry (no surprise) but August is coming in below normal too. It better start raining soon.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Tejas89
Category 1
Category 1

Re: Texas Summer-2015

#525 Postby Tejas89 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:58 am

Farmers' almanac is hopefully wrong about California/west. Super nino usually means copious rain for them.
0 likes   

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#526 Postby TheProfessor » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:59 pm

It's a chilly 63 degrees here in Columbus and frankly I'mnot used to it yet, it feels like late October. :cold:
0 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#527 Postby Tireman4 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:12 pm

TheProfessor wrote:It's a chilly 63 degrees here in Columbus and frankly I'mnot used to it yet, it feels like late October. :cold:

Oh rub it in why dont ya...lol......I would love that....like now....no..good luck at OSU. Make us proud.
0 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#528 Postby weatherdude1108 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Tireman4 wrote:
TheProfessor wrote:It's a chilly 63 degrees here in Columbus and frankly I'mnot used to it yet, it feels like late October. :cold:

Oh rub it in why dont ya...lol......I would love that....like now....no..good luck at OSU. Make us proud.

When I first saw that, I was like "63??? Where is Columbus, Texas?" I was thinking "Somewhere in the Panhandle?"

Then I realized, "Oh, this is from Ohio!"
:roflmao:
0 likes   

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#529 Postby TheProfessor » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:06 pm

:uarrow: yeah I thought I changed my location, bit it didn't save, the sun peeked for a bit and it felt great, niw it's cloudy and cold again, i guess it would help if I were wearing a jacket lol.
0 likes   

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#530 Postby TheProfessor » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Looks like I'm going to be the heat miser for Ohio and the Great Lakes region till I get used to this temperature. Other forums are talking about September being warmer with 80s and maybe some low 90s! I say turn up the Heat! :layout: :onfire: :firedevil: (till late October at least 8-) )
0 likes   

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#531 Postby gpsnowman » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:29 pm

This weather pattern we are in really stinks. Still way too hot and humid. I keep reminding myself it is still August. There must be something in the medium to long range giving us a glimmer of hope. Heck, I would take low to mid 90's right now with much lower humidity. Come on Fall!!!!
0 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#532 Postby weatherdude1108 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:29 pm

This really is depressing. What gives??

Bob Rose:

http://www.lcra.org/water/river-and-wea ... ather.aspx
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re:

#533 Postby South Texas Storms » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:42 pm

weatherdude1108 wrote:This really is depressing. What gives??

Bob Rose:

http://www.lcra.org/water/river-and-wea ... ather.aspx

We just need to be patient for a few more weeks until the subtropical jet associated with El Nino starts up. I'm thinking by late September or October we should start seeing regular rainfall events across the state.
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#534 Postby Brent » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:26 am

OMG I'm tired of looking at the meteogram and seeing 90s...
0 likes   
#neversummer

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#535 Postby TheProfessor » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:59 am

We have been having record cold high and low temps here in the Great lakes area :( Apparently I'm not the only one not used to it. When this heat wave comes ( they call 85 to 93 degrees a heat wave lol :lol: ) Perhaps I can push the cold to you guys.
0 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re:

#536 Postby Portastorm » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:20 am

TheProfessor wrote:We have been having record cold high and low temps here in the Great lakes area :( Apparently I'm not the only one not used to it. When this heat wave comes ( they call 85 to 93 degrees a heat wave lol :lol: ) Perhaps I can push the cold to you guys.

Get your laughs in now because those native Ohioans will be chuckling at you in January when you're a Popsicle! (I say this as a native Ohioan whose lived in Texas for 31 years).
0 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#537 Postby TheProfessor » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:23 am

Portastorm wrote:
TheProfessor wrote:We have been having record cold high and low temps here in the Great lakes area :( Apparently I'm not the only one not used to it. When this heat wave comes ( they call 85 to 93 degrees a heat wave lol :lol: ) Perhaps I can push the cold to you guys.

Get your laughs in now because those native Ohioans will be chuckling at you in January when you're a Popsicle! (I say this as a native Ohioan whose lived in Texas for 31 years).

Yeah I'm already prepping my mind for that as I told someone on another forum though it can be -30 for all I care but if there's snow on the ground I'll be happy. Apparently the winter of 2013-2014 was Very Cold Very Dry here, I'm hoping that doesn't happen at all while in my 4 years of college here lol.
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#538 Postby Tireman4 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:55 am

Portastorm wrote:

Cleveland Rocks!!
0 likes   

Rgv20
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#539 Postby Rgv20 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:06 am

Had a low temperature this morning of 65!!

SHORT TERM /TODAY THROUGH SATURDAY/...IN ONE WORD DRY. 28/00Z
SOUNDING INDICATED PWAT OF 1 INCH WITH THE GFS BOTTOMING OUT AT 0.68
INCHES AT 29/00Z SATURDAY. IF THE GFS FORECAST IS CORRECT THIS WOULD
BE THE LOWEST PWAT RECORDED IN THE AUG SINCE RECORDS HAVE BEEN KEPT
SINCE 1948.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Tejas89
Category 1
Category 1

#540 Postby Tejas89 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:40 am

Will this go down as DFW's driest summer ever? It has to be close.. I only recall two days of measurable rain at DFW since June 20.
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”