Texas Fall 2019

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
utpmg
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Texas Fall 2019

#21 Postby utpmg » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:47 am

weatherdude1108 wrote:We got MEASURABLE rain today for the first time here at the house since JULY 23rd, 40 DAYS ago. About 0.15" Not much, but glad to break the streak! :wink:

Heard thunder but it bypassed me in Windsor Park.
0 likes   

Rgv20
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#22 Postby Rgv20 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:02 pm

93l Looking very healthy....NHC has a 50% chance of development as of this morning. More than likely chances will be going up with the 1pm update.

2 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

funster
Category 3
Category 3

#23 Postby funster » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:56 pm

I saw 100s creeping back in the forecast and the lows climbing upward again. No! :grr:
1 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#24 Postby Portastorm » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:35 pm

What a waste of a perfectly good tropical system! :x

See no signs of hope for us in south central Texas into the middle of the month. The 100-degree days continue and the drought continues. Our August, by the way, was the second warmest on record here in Austin. This absolutely sucks.
3 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby bubba hotep » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:55 pm

When does Fall start? Euro Weeklies show below normal precip and above normal temps for Texas into October. These extended summers are becoming all too common.
4 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#26 Postby Brent » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:03 pm

Not pleased to see 100s again i thought we were done :spam:

I guess its no surprise the Atlantic is setting records with Cat 5s when well its warmer and warmer longer in the year
0 likes   
#neversummer

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:03 am

Was in Leakey, Tx since Thursday. Sketchy cell phone service out there, did i miss anything?
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#28 Postby Brent » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:16 am

TeamPlayersBlue wrote:Was in Leakey, Tx since Thursday. Sketchy cell phone service out there, did i miss anything?

Dorian in the Bahamas was historic(tied for strongest Atlantic landfall on record Sunday morning, but trended away from hitting Florida directly like originally forecast) but you've missed absolutely nothing here in Texas. Summer has been extended til further notice
2 likes   
#neversummer

Yukon Cornelius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#29 Postby Yukon Cornelius » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:04 am

Am I missing something, or haven’t been paying attention? Our local mets keeps talking about the onset of La Niña and an upcoming warm and dry fall due to La Niña. The last I saw we were in ENSO neutral with a low chance of La Niña forming. Did I miss something?
1 likes   
#neversummer

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#30 Postby weatherdude1108 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:05 am

utpmg wrote:
weatherdude1108 wrote:We got MEASURABLE rain today for the first time here at the house since JULY 23rd, 40 DAYS ago. About 0.15" Not much, but glad to break the streak! :wink:

Heard thunder but it bypassed me in Windsor Park.

Yeah, very hit & miss. We were actually driving back to the house on late Sunday afternoon, and got caught in a huge downpour. Hard to see. The culverts along 620 were full of rushing water! It was like a desert downburst! It was raining, but lighter at the house. Now, you'd never know it rained. Adding insult to injury of the next week and beyond of 100s is the tropical wave to our south moving into Mexico, which won't do anything except raise the heat index here. :grr:
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

dhweather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#31 Postby dhweather » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:06 am

Brent wrote:
TeamPlayersBlue wrote:Was in Leakey, Tx since Thursday. Sketchy cell phone service out there, did i miss anything?

Dorian in the Bahamas was historic(tied for strongest Atlantic landfall on record Sunday morning, but trended away from hitting Florida directly like originally forecast) but you've missed absolutely nothing here in Texas. Summer has been extended til further notice

People underestimate the RIDGE OF DEATH every year. :lol: At least its not 2011 bad, we got 1.38" over the weekend, I'm thankful.

It should begin to cool off in October.
1 likes   
The above post and any post by dhweather is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#32 Postby weatherdude1108 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:18 am

dhweather wrote:
Brent wrote:

People underestimate the RIDGE OF DEATH every year. :lol: At least its not 2011 bad, we got 1.38" over the weekend, I'm thankful.

It should begin to cool off in October.

Can't we transport some icebergs via military aircraft into the Ridge of Death, and/or bombard it with some cloud seeding?!? :P We usually have the clouds around for some seeding. Probably not the right kind of clouds, but it hasn't been clear too often during the death ridges this year.

Half joking, but UGGGH, trying to find solutions. This is just downright depressing not to see any signs of hope. The hope signs of wetness the GFS models show us never seem to come to fruition, primarily in the central Texas desert dome. :roll:
1 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#33 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:21 am

Yukon Cornelius wrote:Am I missing something, or haven’t been paying attention? Our local mets keeps talking about the onset of La Niña and an upcoming warm and dry fall due to La Niña. The last I saw we were in ENSO neutral with a low chance of La Niña forming. Did I miss something?

I mean, if you at the water along the equator, the temps are slightly below normal. Temps north and south of the ribbon of cooler water are well above normal though. With that said, im wondering dynamically if thats why we have had this little heat wave/drought last month, that doesnt seem to be going away.
1 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Johnny
Category 5
Category 5

Re: RE: Re: Texas Fall 2019

#34 Postby Johnny » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:37 am

We got back from Leakey a couple weeks back. Man that river felt great. Hope you stopped in town and got a bite to eat at Momma Chole's.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#35 Postby weatherdude1108 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:41 am

Johnny wrote:
We got back from Leakey a couple weeks back. Man that river felt great. Hope you stopped in town and got a bite to eat at Momma Chole's.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190903/4453008cc2b60329f910a0cf3e2b9bee.jpg

:uarrow:
That looks refreshing! :)
0 likes   

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#36 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:40 am

Johnny wrote:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190903/4453008cc2b60329f910a0cf3e2b9bee.jpg

Not this past trip! Yes, the river is extremely cold in some spots. Best friends have a house on the frio near the spring itself and the water is in the 60's. Wonderful weekend. It's quite low right now, but they received a good rain storm on Sunday.
0 likes   

Rgv20
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#37 Postby Rgv20 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:30 am

Looks like some much needed rain heading to the RGV! Sorry Porta and STS hopefully a few showers can sneak in to South Central Texas!

1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

CaptinCrunch
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#38 Postby CaptinCrunch » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:33 am

September 23rd is the official start of Fall, and we have to wait till then before we actually start seeing Fall like weather. There are signs this Ridge of Death will start weakening and moving off to the west around the 10th but even then high's for NTX still look to be in the lower 90's once it does. Hopefully with it moving west it will allow for better Fall fronts to move down thru the central plains and into Texas.
0 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#39 Postby Portastorm » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:28 pm

Rgv20 wrote:Looks like some much needed rain heading to the RGV! Sorry Porta and STS hopefully a few showers can sneak in to South Central Texas!

(Image deleted)

Based on what NWS is saying, I doubt we'll get anything here. Maybe San Antone will be a little luckier. But I know y'all in the Valley have been in drought so I'm happy to see you getting some rain down there, Rgv.
2 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#40 Postby weatherdude1108 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:31 pm

The 12Z GFS shows another tropical system the week of September 16th, going north of the Bahamas, but looking to hit near NYC to somewhere in the NE. That's fantasyland right now. Regardless, our current flash heat and drought continues, and I find myself looking elsewhere to see where it's raining. As of this post, it's 98 degrees with 28% humidity at Mabry at 2:50pm.

I just came in from a walk at work. The ground is a crunchy crack-toasted tinderbox. Also, feels DRY humidity-wise, like I was walking in El Paso, or the southern California desert.

0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”