Great Plains, Midwest, & Deep South Storm Season 2021

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Great Plains, Midwest, & Deep South Storm Season 2021

#61 Postby Iceresistance » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:59 am

Weather Dude wrote:Preliminary survey has rated the Tallahassee storm an EF0.

There were 2 tornadoes from the same storm that produced the Tallahassee Tornado (The first one is known as the Fort Braden Tornado), both now rated EF1
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#62 Postby TheProfessor » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:43 pm

So I'm starting my own project of mapping every tornado this year. I've inputted every tornado so far this year except for a couple in California (If anyone knows the start and end coordinates for these I'd love to have that). This is just a rough map of Dixie Alley I made today and the scale only goes up to EF-3 since that's the highest rated tornado so far this year. (I could have it show the full scale, but I won't mess with that today.)

3 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#63 Postby Iceresistance » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:17 am

TheProfessor wrote:So I'm starting my own project of mapping every tornado this year. I've inputted every tornado so far this year except for a couple in California (If anyone knows the start and end coordinates for these I'd love to have that). This is just a rough map of Dixie Alley I made today and the scale only goes up to EF-3 since that's the highest rated tornado so far this year. (I could have it show the full scale, but I won't mess with that today.)

[url]https://i.ibb.co/1dcY4rg/Layout.png [/url]

I have the coordinates for the 2 California Tornadoes

1st Tornado: 39.96 N, 122.33 W
2nd Tornado: 39.97 N, 122 W
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#64 Postby TheProfessor » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:19 am

Iceresistance wrote:
TheProfessor wrote:So I'm starting my own project of mapping every tornado this year. I've inputted every tornado so far this year except for a couple in California (If anyone knows the start and end coordinates for these I'd love to have that). This is just a rough map of Dixie Alley I made today and the scale only goes up to EF-3 since that's the highest rated tornado so far this year. (I could have it show the full scale, but I won't mess with that today.)

Unfortunately I need the end coordinates as well, so I may have to contact the Sacramento NWS.
0 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#65 Postby Iceresistance » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:27 am

TheProfessor wrote:
Iceresistance wrote:

Unfortunately I need the end coordinates as well, so I may have to contact the Sacramento NWS.

True, but apparently, the 2 tornadoes were not on the ground for very long at all, may have been a touchdown, then lifted shortly after.

But, I agree with you to contact the NWS in Sacramento, more info. is needed for how long they lasted.
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#66 Postby Iceresistance » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:46 pm

Marginal Risk in Florida Tomorrow for Quarter Sized Hail, 65 mph winds & maybe a tornado

0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Chris90
Category 2
Category 2

#67 Postby Chris90 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:51 am

I'm a little jealous that some of you are already getting severe weather, mainly just because that means ya'll have temperatures that are at least decently warmer than I have. I'm in northern Illinois and the temperature is currently 6°F, and we've got a fairly deep snowpack on the ground. There was supposed to be a chance for thundersnow the other day which is a cool event, but it never ended up happening for me.

I'm hoping spring and springtime severe weather comes earlier than is typical this year, I'm over winter. Last year was fairly boring in the severe weather department, but I did get the Aug. 10th derecho after it had lost some steam.
0 likes   
Solar Aquarian
Lunar Cancerian
:uarrow: Sagittarian

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#68 Postby ElectricStorm » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:02 am

Chris90 wrote:I'm a little jealous that some of you are already getting severe weather, mainly just because that means ya'll have temperatures that are at least decently warmer than I have. I'm in northern Illinois and the temperature is currently 6°F, and we've got a fairly deep snowpack on the ground. There was supposed to be a chance for thundersnow the other day which is a cool event, but it never ended up happening for me.

I'm hoping spring and springtime severe weather comes earlier than is typical this year, I'm over winter. Last year was fairly boring in the severe weather department, but I did get the Aug. 10th derecho after it had lost some steam.

Haha yeah well winter decided to show up for us here in oklahoma this week, single digits lows during the next several days... Yuck
0 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

InfernoFlameCat
Category 5
Category 5

#69 Postby InfernoFlameCat » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:29 am

Weather Dude wrote:
Chris90 wrote:I'm a little jealous that some of you are already getting severe weather, mainly just because that means ya'll have temperatures that are at least decently warmer than I have. I'm in northern Illinois and the temperature is currently 6°F, and we've got a fairly deep snowpack on the ground. There was supposed to be a chance for thundersnow the other day which is a cool event, but it never ended up happening for me.

Haha yeah well winter decided to show up for us here in oklahoma this week, single digits lows during the next several days... Yuck
I am jealous lol it is just 32 degrees. I want snow but that stuff is fickle.
:raincloud: :notworthy:
0 likes   
I am by no means a professional. DO NOT look at my forecasts for official information or make decisions based on what I post.

Goal: to become a registered expert over tropical and subtropical cyclones.

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#70 Postby ElectricStorm » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:01 am

InfernoFlameCat wrote:
Weather Dude wrote:

I am jealous lol it is just 32 degrees. I want snow but that stuff is fickle.
:raincloud: :notworthy:

I like to have 1 decent snow here a year (which we've had) but other than that I'm not much of a cold weather person
0 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#71 Postby Iceresistance » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:56 am

Weather Dude wrote:

Forum for current Winter weather is here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=120985 (Texas winter, but they will also go to Oklahoma)
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#72 Postby Iceresistance » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:19 am

Slight Risk for Florida for 70 mph winds, Quarter Sized hail & maybe a Torando

Marginal risk Tomorrow across Central Florida for 60 mph winds & maybe a Tornado

0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#73 Postby Iceresistance » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:11 pm

1 PM UPDATE

Slight Risk across Central Florida for 70 mph winds, Ping Pong Ball sized Hail, & maybe a tornado

0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#74 Postby Iceresistance » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:37 pm

Tornado Watch #5 for Florida Until Midnight EST/1 AM CST

Half Dollar Sized Hail
70 mph wind Gusts
Few Tornadoes possible

0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#75 Postby Iceresistance » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:59 pm

2 Posts :uarrow:

6:30 PM UPDATE

Risk zone pushed slightly South & are the same except the Hail threat is now just Quarters, but the Tornado Threat is now higher.
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#76 Postby Iceresistance » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:54 am

Margianl Risk across Florida for 65 mph wind gusts & maybe a Tornado
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#77 Postby ElectricStorm » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:23 am

Looks like the majority of this month will be shut down in terms of severe weather due to this disgusting arctic outbreak. After a brief hint of spring and storms last week, the lull continues...
Last edited by ElectricStorm on Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Boomer Sooner!

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#78 Postby Iceresistance » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:28 am

Weather Dude wrote:Looks like the majority of this month will be shut down in terms of severe weather due to this disgusting arctic outbreak. After a brief hint of spring last week, the lull continues...

Winter forum here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=120985&start=3480
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#79 Postby ElectricStorm » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:46 pm

Iceresistance wrote:
Weather Dude wrote:Looks like the majority of this month will be shut down in terms of severe weather due to this disgusting arctic outbreak. After a brief hint of spring last week, the lull continues...

Winter forum here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=120985&start=3480

Yeah I know, I read it but rarely ever post, not a winter fan... wake me up on March 1... 8-)
0 likes   

Boomer Sooner!

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#80 Postby Iceresistance » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:55 am

Narrow Marginal Risk across Northern Georgia & into Northern South Carolina
  • Quarter Sized Hail
  • 65 mph wind gusts
  • Maybe a Tornado
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”