Texas Fall 2021

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Texas Fall 2021

#621 Postby Brent » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:27 am

Euro tries to be a little interesting Thanksgiving morning out west of DFW

But the big day 10 storm went poof and it's much warmer then. Yeah I don't think these models have a clue yet. Zero consistency
1 likes   
#neversummer

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#622 Postby wxman57 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:12 am

Brent wrote:Euro tries to be a little interesting Thanksgiving morning out west of DFW

But the big day 10 storm went poof and it's much warmer then. Yeah I don't think these models have a clue yet. Zero consistency

The models aren't handling the faster, more progressive pattern well. They keep trying to bring cold air down across Texas but they are failing. My wall is strong along the Canadian border. I installed a diverter to send all really cold air eastward vs. south to Texas this winter.
4 likes   

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#623 Postby gpsnowman » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:22 am

gpsnowman wrote:
wxman57 wrote:
Brent wrote:Euro tries to be a little interesting Thanksgiving morning out west of DFW

The models aren't handling the faster, more progressive pattern well. They keep trying to bring cold air down across Texas but they are failing. My wall is strong along the Canadian border. I installed a diverter to send all really cold air eastward vs. south to Texas this winter.

Hey Gorby, tear down your wall!!!! The unification of the Arctic and south Texas is inevitable.
1 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#624 Postby wxman57 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:29 am

gpsnowman wrote:
gpsnowman wrote:
wxman57 wrote:

Hey Gorby, tear down your wall!!!! The unification of the Arctic and south Texas is inevitable.

My wall is stronger than ever this year. Nothing will penetrate it (barring a fire-breathing dragon...).

1 likes   

EnnisTx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#625 Postby EnnisTx » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:59 am

wxman57 wrote:
gpsnowman wrote:
gpsnowman wrote:

My wall is stronger than ever this year. Nothing will penetrate it (barring a fire-breathing dragon...).

http://wxman57.com/images/wall.JPG

See that opening at the bottom of your wall... Those are my guys heading in with enough incendiary devices to make this area look like the plains. :blowup:
1 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#626 Postby Iceresistance » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:02 am

We're all watching the PNA, Heat Miser is trying to make it either more Positive or Negative than Neutral!

Extreme model consistency for the AO & NAO to become Negative, & the PNA for the next few days, but after that for the PNA is anyone's guess.
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

starsfan65
Category 2
Category 2

#627 Postby starsfan65 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:10 am

Iceresistance wrote:We're all watching the PNA, Heat Miser is trying to make it either more Positive or Negative than Neutral!

Extreme model consistency for the AO & NAO to become Negative, & the PNA for the next few days, but after that for the PNA is anyone's guess.
PNA is the one to watch next week.
0 likes   

Ralph's Weather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#628 Postby Ralph's Weather » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:33 am

I haven't had much time to look at the data but at a quick glance the iss looks to be a less than ideal EPO. Hard to drive cold air south down the Plains without a solid -EPO especially this early in the season. The --NAO will give a storm to someone but that someone is likely NE of Texas.
2 likes   
Follow on Facebook at Ralph's Weather.

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#629 Postby Iceresistance » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:24 pm

CMC 3rd run in a row to feature snow in the same general time frame for the Southern Plains
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Texas Snowman
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#630 Postby Texas Snowman » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:46 pm

wxman57 wrote:
gpsnowman wrote:
gpsnowman wrote:

http://wxman57.com/images/wall.JPG

After the way your “wall” performed in February, I’d probably ask for my money back. :D :froze:
3 likes   
The above post and any post by Texas Snowman is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#631 Postby Brent » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:19 pm

Big snowstorm up here Thanksgiving Night into Friday on the Euro :double: :double: :double:

5 likes   
#neversummer

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#632 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:38 pm

It's 9 days out, fellas. With that said, as stated yesterday, the models are going to produce runs where large trough dig much further south due to the blocking. Def something to watch.
3 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#633 Postby bubba hotep » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:11 pm

A bit more ensemble support today for the 12z Euro solution. I remain skeptical, simple b/c this is more an El Nino looking storm system at 192 but the higher heights across the Great Lakes seem to support the solution. (Side bar - Can anyone point to a paper that discusses the climatology of cool season cutoff lows in the SW US?)

Also, given the nature of the blocking in the NAO region, I wouldn't be surprise to see this take a more southerly track vs. cutting towards the Ohio Valley, if it were to verify at 192.

1 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

HockeyTx82
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#634 Postby HockeyTx82 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:59 pm

So should I go ahead and cancel the bounce house for the 27th?
0 likes   
Don't hold me accountable for anything I post on this forum. Leave the real forecasting up to the professionals.

Location: Ponder, TX (all observation posts are this location unless otherwise noted)

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#635 Postby Iceresistance » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:43 pm

18z GFS has jumped with the 12z Euro for the Cold, but no Snow yet.

And it's only November
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#636 Postby Iceresistance » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:56 pm

KWTV is "Watching this closely"

KFOR is calling it with highs near Freezing with Snow Thanksgiving Day & Black Friday.
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#637 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:06 pm

I think and hope this first block near Greenland can cause chaos in the arctic for sometime.
2 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#638 Postby Ntxw » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:18 pm

I would not be surprised at all to see the trends toward a powerhouse storm around Thanksgiving.

Big -NAO retrogression will allow storms to dig and really wind up since it slows the flow down dramatically. We've already seen some potent systems swing out (remember the severe weather outbreaks this fall?) with numerous wind warnings and advisories the past month or two. What this tells us is the background environment is favoring deepening systems as they come out of the west. And for the most part, at varying intervals, the west NAO blocking regime hasn't really left.
4 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#639 Postby Iceresistance » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:35 pm

TeamPlayersBlue wrote:I think and hope this first block near Greenland can cause chaos in the arctic for sometime.

Yes, the GEFS is showing an Extremely Negative NAO for quite some time
3 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

EnnisTx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#640 Postby EnnisTx » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:44 pm

Ntxw wrote:I would not be surprised at all to see the trends toward a powerhouse storm around Thanksgiving.

Big -NAO retrogression will allow storms to dig and really wind up since it slows the flow down dramatically. We've already seen some potent systems swing out (remember the severe weather outbreaks this fall?) with numerous wind warnings and advisories the past month or two. What this tells us is the background environment is favoring deepening systems as they come out of the west. And for the most part, at varying intervals, the west NAO blocking regime hasn't really left.

It’s beginning to look like someone’s wall is showing serious cracks…. :firedevil:
3 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”