Texas Summer 2022

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Texas Summer 2022

#441 Postby weatherdude1108 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:42 pm

Just saw this story. The NWS is going to get a couple of supercomputers. Should improve forecasting accuracy. Pretty cool!

https://www.noaa.gov/news-release/us-su ... major-bump
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

rwfromkansas
Category 5
Category 5

#442 Postby rwfromkansas » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:52 pm

Wish I convinced my wife on a pool. It’s so awful to not be able to enjoy outside because it’s too hot.
2 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#443 Postby Ntxw » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:27 pm

DFW hit 100. 1st in a streak.

There are some popup storms to the north and west.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#444 Postby Brent » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:34 pm

Dont even look at the lows on the Euro next week in North Texas :spam: it's unspeakable. Like on par with 2011
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#445 Postby Ntxw » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:02 pm

Brent wrote:Dont even look at the lows on the Euro next week in North Texas :spam: it's unspeakable. Like on par with 2011

600dm+ across the Rockies, but more importantly a vast area of 597dm+ across the south central US. Hopefully it doesn't come to fruition. I hope the models and ensembles are wrong because that would be one of the stronger ridges in several years for our region.
1 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#446 Postby bubba hotep » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:57 pm

Outflow boundary drifting SE firing storms in NW DFW. I wonder if it will make it past the airport or into eastern DFW?
0 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#447 Postby Brent » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:42 pm

Ntxw wrote:
Brent wrote:Dont even look at the lows on the Euro next week in North Texas :spam: it's unspeakable. Like on par with 2011

600dm+ across the Rockies, but more importantly a vast area of 597dm+ across the south central US. Hopefully it doesn't come to fruition. I hope the models and ensembles are wrong because that would be one of the stronger ridges in several years for our region.

Oh yeah even up here it's being talked about... Couple TV mets have said a high over 110 is possible but they are hoping it's overdone
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#448 Postby Ntxw » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:52 pm

Brent wrote:
Ntxw wrote:

Oh yeah even up here it's being talked about... Couple TV mets have said a high over 110 is possible but they are hoping it's overdone

Some of the models put out some impressively warm 850mb temps ~30C which will bake the surface. Got to watch the trends but potential there for some big time heat. Haven't seen such warm expanse top down since the 2018 July heatwave when DFW hit 109 for a couple of days. Unfortunately the forecast this week will continue to trend :uarrow:.
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#449 Postby ElectricStorm » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:39 pm

Forecast to hit 100 every single day this week, going to be absolutely brutal...
0 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#450 Postby Brent » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:20 pm

ElectricStorm wrote:Forecast to hit 100 every single day this week, going to be absolutely brutal...

Saying could be the longest stretch here in 10 years :spam: Summer 2012 had some records set too up here(including the all time warmest low of 88 :double: )
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#451 Postby Ntxw » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:25 am

FW going 103-105 basically the whole week and weekend. Lows in the urban areas mid 80s. Euro is crazy hot.
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

TropicalTundra
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#452 Postby TropicalTundra » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:53 am

ElectricStorm wrote:Forecast to hit 100 every single day this week, going to be absolutely brutal...

Hey! At least it’s 4th of July! :flag:

Don’t forget to add the drought, 80 degree lows, and the wasps that’ll want to tear you to bits and pieces.

Back to napping until Fall… When I wake up it better be blizzarding by the first week of September… :sleeping: :thermo:
0 likes   
Summer's for hibernation, Winter’s my vacation

Please don't use my posts as forecast, I'm a complete meteorology noob! I just like cold weather, alright?

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#453 Postby Iceresistance » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:15 am

I shot off all of the Fireworks Last Night, we had storms coming but fizzled out before they got here, at least it gave us cloud cover for darker skies of fireworks.

KFOR has relief with storms and highs in the low 90s next week (After this week's highs up to 104°F), I really hope that is true. I have a special trip to make, I haven't seen my great-grandparents since 2019. I already put this week as a no-go to Missouri to due to the dangerously hot temperatures that is expected.
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

captainbarbossa19
Category 5
Category 5

#454 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:56 pm

12z Euro is indicating that the strongest ridging will shift from the Central Plains to the Four Corners region starting next weekend. Perhaps there will be some relief then. Concerning temperatures, models have been really pathetic this summer. Mid to long-range guidance has been extremely warm-biased for most models, when the temperature has been verifying for many areas 10-20 degrees cooler than initially forecasted in that range.
3 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#455 Postby Brent » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:04 pm

captainbarbossa19 wrote:12z Euro is indicating that the strongest ridging will shift from the Central Plains to the Four Corners region starting next weekend. Perhaps there will be some relief then. Concerning temperatures, models have been really pathetic this summer. Mid to long-range guidance has been extremely warm-biased for most models, when the temperature has been verifying for many areas 10-20 degrees cooler than initially forecasted in that range.

Yeah I've noticed after next Sunday Monday temps start to come down towards seasonal levels here

And yeah the record heat is definitely not showing up before then anymore
1 likes   
#neversummer

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#456 Postby bubba hotep » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:15 pm

captainbarbossa19 wrote:12z Euro is indicating that the strongest ridging will shift from the Central Plains to the Four Corners region starting next weekend. Perhaps there will be some relief then. Concerning temperatures, models have been really pathetic this summer. Mid to long-range guidance has been extremely warm-biased for most models, when the temperature has been verifying for many areas 10-20 degrees cooler than initially forecasted in that range.

Yea, models have constantly been way too warm in the D6/7 & beyond range. The 12z Euro EPS shows normal temps and rain chances returning to Texas by mid-month. Tropical forcing might be favorable enough to get us a seasonal 2nd half of summer. (However, back in Feb I was all in on a collapsing Nina and wet summer lol)
2 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#457 Postby Ntxw » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:12 pm

Happy 4th of July S2k crew! Hope you all are able to stay cool and hoping for a cool 8-10 weeks before official Fall!

Side note, there's been some sticker shocks with the electric rates for those who are up for renewal and been on an older rate. Many cases it's 70% higher than before. yikes! 12-14c/kWh was averaging now hovering 17-20c/kWh+. We need the heat to abate and help out, week after week of record demand is not assisting.. Some bills may go double what's typically normal.
2 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#458 Postby Brent » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:06 am

Ntxw wrote:Happy 4th of July S2k crew! Hope you all are able to stay cool and hoping for a cool 8-10 weeks before official Fall!

Side note, there's been some sticker shocks with the electric rates for those who are up for renewal and been on an older rate. Many cases it's 70% higher than before. yikes! 12-14c/kWh was averaging now hovering 17-20c/kWh+. We need the heat to abate and help out, week after week of record demand is not assisting.. Some bills may go double what's typically normal.

I will say up here my electric bill has been way less than it was in the winter so far. We'll see how this month goes

But yeah we need a pattern change. Grass fires everywhere from fireworks tonight :spam:
1 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#459 Postby Ntxw » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:17 am

Brent wrote:
Ntxw wrote:Happy 4th of July S2k crew! Hope you all are able to stay cool and hoping for a cool 8-10 weeks before official Fall!

I will say up here my electric bill has been way less than it was in the winter so far. We'll see how this month goes

But yeah we need a pattern change. Grass fires everywhere from fireworks tonight :spam:

I think you folks in Oklahoma will be pretty good since you are part of the national grid, Texas is not. Texas is in a deep hole because of the fast population growth+demand+reliance on natural gas when prices are skyrocketing for that last commodity with few new sources coming online. The old plans are not bad but once you have to renew the rates now to lock in are astronomically high.
4 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#460 Postby Cpv17 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:34 am

I’ve noticed this as well. Hoping that trend continues.
1 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”