Texas Summer 2022

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
captainbarbossa19
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Texas Summer 2022

#41 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:30 pm

cstrunk wrote:
Iceresistance wrote:I’m getting really annoyed right now, the storms collapse before it reaches my house! The line this morning fell apart just before getting here. :grr:

You've scored countless times this year... Texans don't want to hear it! :spam: :lol:

Yeah I'm still under 10 inches for the whole year which is 10-15 inches below normal for me. Some people up north had my yearly rain in a month. What will probably happen is later this summer/early fall there will be a massive rain event from a tropical system. I have seen this happen countless times when there is such a large difference in rainfall between my region and just further north.
0 likes   

Haris
Category 5
Category 5

#42 Postby Haris » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:31 pm

cstrunk wrote:
Iceresistance wrote:I’m getting really annoyed right now, the storms collapse before it reaches my house! The line this morning fell apart just before getting here. :grr:

You've scored countless times this year... Texans don't want to hear it! :spam: :lol:

Facts. Oklahoma can remain quiet for a while
9 likes   
Weather geek and a storm spotter in West Austin. Not a degreed meteorologist. Big snow fan. Love rain and cold! Despise heat!

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#43 Postby Ntxw » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:42 pm

bubba hotep wrote:
Ntxw wrote:2.06" so far at the airport. Small cluster but delivered quite a bit for DFW. This was definitely a summer gulf coast style event. Localized but slow moving deep moisture rich environment.

It looks like 1.94" was the daily record. That 2.06" would also get the yearly deficit under 5".

2.15", does set the new daily record. Amen! 15.61" for the year would be around what most of the eastern counties are sitting. Still much to be done west and south.
2 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#44 Postby bubba hotep » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:44 pm

Pretty widespread 2"+ totals across NTX with storms tonight according to the latest HRRR

3 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

rwfromkansas
Category 5
Category 5

#45 Postby rwfromkansas » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:20 pm

HRRR seems to be trending toward north metro. I'm on the western edge again. NAM looks good. I think rain is likely for most of us anyway.
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#46 Postby Brent » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:26 pm

Haris wrote:
cstrunk wrote:

Yeah I wasn't too upset we underperformed like I said earlier :lol: the bigger thing for me is how cool it is for the start of June
Last edited by Brent on Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
#neversummer

DallasAg
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#47 Postby DallasAg » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:32 pm

rwfromkansas wrote:HRRR seems to be trending toward north metro. I'm on the western edge again. NAM looks good. I think rain is likely for most of us anyway.

Looks like things are starting to pop around DFW. Not much movement yet, but a few cells in southern Collin and northern Dallas Co stretching out toward the east.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#48 Postby Ntxw » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:48 pm

DallasAg wrote:
rwfromkansas wrote:HRRR seems to be trending toward north metro. I'm on the western edge again. NAM looks good. I think rain is likely for most of us anyway.

Looks like things are starting to pop around DFW. Not much movement yet, but a few cells in southern Collin and northern Dallas Co stretching out toward the east.

It is still humid, very tropical. Get under any and you cash. Pwats is 1.8++
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#49 Postby Brent » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:20 am

I have the windows open here :double: and highs in the 70s through Saturday

Now why do I feel like we will pay for this in July and August? :lol:
0 likes   
#neversummer

Texas Snowman
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#50 Postby Texas Snowman » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:43 am

Big crashing thunderstorm in Denison in the middle of the night. Huge rainstorm. Closing in on 1.8” in a little over an hour and the radar is lit up to the west and southwest.

Summertime, right? La Niña, right? The favorite season of Wxman57, right?

I’ll take it… :D
2 likes   
The above post and any post by Texas Snowman is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#51 Postby weatherdude1108 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:52 am

Haris wrote:
cstrunk wrote:

Yeah, we desperately need you in Oklahoma and north Texas to spread that liquid gold down this way. We are PARCHED. Looks and feels like July and August around here with the dry grasses and vegetation.

UPDATE: Just got a nice rain shower with a temperature drop and wind shift. :rain: Thanks to you all up north for sharing! :D
Last edited by weatherdude1108 on Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

rwfromkansas
Category 5
Category 5

#52 Postby rwfromkansas » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:58 am

Got a half-inch. I will take it! It looked like areas just north of the airport jackpotted finally instead of just further northeast. Fairly widespread 2+.
0 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#53 Postby Iceresistance » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:05 am

Haris wrote:
cstrunk wrote:

I only had .6 inches, even though I expected 1-2 inches with storms falling apart before they get here! (That's the annoying part)

But I'll let DFW get more rainfall than me, I'm going to be in Grapevine, TX starting Tomorrow through Next Tuesday.
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#54 Postby Iceresistance » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:07 am

Brent wrote:
Haris wrote:
cstrunk wrote:

Yeah I wasn't too upset we underperformed like I said earlier :lol: the bigger thing for me is how cool it is for the start of June

Yes, I love the cooler Temperatures, I don't want 100s at all! Maybe a streak of no 100s?
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

cstrunk
Category 1
Category 1

#55 Postby cstrunk » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:08 am

0.05" yesterday afternoon. 0.26" this morning and doesn't look like much more is on the way. Better than nothing, but.... :roll:
0 likes   

gto67
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#56 Postby gto67 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:43 am

Got 3/4 inch yesterday and jus got a nice shower.
2 likes   

HockeyTx82
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#57 Postby HockeyTx82 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:58 am

1.67 inches in the last 24 hours. I'll take it.
2 likes   
Don't hold me accountable for anything I post on this forum. Leave the real forecasting up to the professionals.

Location: Ponder, TX (all observation posts are this location unless otherwise noted)

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#58 Postby Ntxw » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:21 am

cstrunk wrote:0.05" yesterday afternoon. 0.26" this morning and doesn't look like much more is on the way. Better than nothing, but.... :roll:

As the case so far, the sprawling MCS events have been underwhelming. What's driving the local totals is within the moist environment and got to be lucky with storms meandering overhead. Big part of the discrepancies the past few months but still favoring the dry side.

DFW Airport region got really lucky yesterday.
3 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

cstrunk
Category 1
Category 1

#59 Postby cstrunk » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:28 pm

Ntxw wrote:
cstrunk wrote:0.05" yesterday afternoon. 0.26" this morning and doesn't look like much more is on the way. Better than nothing, but.... :roll:

As the case so far, the sprawling MCS events have been underwhelming. What's driving the local totals is within the moist environment and got to be lucky with storms meandering overhead. Big part of the discrepancies the past few months but still favoring the dry side.

DFW Airport region got really lucky yesterday.

Agreed, the ones we do get are falling apart once they arrive. That also will likely be the case for any chances we have over the next few days before the ridge strengthens by the end of the weekend. Unless you get lucky with a random heavy meandering downpour.
0 likes   

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#60 Postby South Texas Storms » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:32 pm

I hope you folks in north TX enjoyed the rain this week. Longer range models show hot and dry conditions returning up there next week and possibly continuing for a while.
1 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”