Texas Fall 2022

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Texas Fall 2022

#141 Postby Iceresistance » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:43 pm

Brent wrote:Ugh. I miss the cool air already :spam:

NWS is saying that 100s are possible again next week. :spam: :spam:
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#142 Postby Brent » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:16 am

Iceresistance wrote:
Brent wrote:Ugh. I miss the cool air already :spam:

NWS is saying that 100s are possible again next week. :spam: :spam:

That would be near record highs here this late :spam: ridiculous
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#143 Postby Ntxw » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:07 pm

Long range today shows some Pac NW ridging. Would send a Fall front down but that's way out there, at least some hope.

As for the coming week looks hot for everyone. Core of the heat will center around the core of the drought that's shifted, Oklahoma.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

rwfromkansas
Category 5
Category 5

#144 Postby rwfromkansas » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:07 am

My attitude is getting a bit worse about the heat. I can deal with 95 in September, but 99-100 is harder to take. Lol.
2 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#145 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:40 am

rwfromkansas wrote:My attitude is getting a bit worse about the heat. I can deal with 95 in September, but 99-100 is harder to take. Lol.

Feel the same way here in Houston with upper 90s expected here! UGH!!!
1 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#146 Postby Iceresistance » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:46 pm

vbhoutex wrote:
rwfromkansas wrote:My attitude is getting a bit worse about the heat. I can deal with 95 in September, but 99-100 is harder to take. Lol.

Feel the same way here in Houston with upper 90s expected here! UGH!!!

I'm also expecting upper 90s as well next week. We're all scorching! :(
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#147 Postby gpsnowman » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:24 pm

The Big H is back for a while. I am so looking forward to the first real fall front. 50s for lows and low 80s for highs. October isn't that far away. We will be there soon.
1 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#148 Postby Ntxw » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:30 pm

Coincidence Fiona recurves to our east and heat comes? :lol:. Remember it isn't always the TC themselves but how they reinforce, amplify a ridge/trof configuration along with subsidence.
1 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Yukon Cornelius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#149 Postby Yukon Cornelius » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:08 pm

The forecast has numerous days of 98-99 next week. I wouldn’t surprised to see over 100. Not cool…literally.
1 likes   
#neversummer

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#150 Postby Brent » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:22 pm

Not much else to say here... Except unlike in August it's threatening record highs :spam:
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#151 Postby Ntxw » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:01 pm

Will say this after the late season heatwave there is a lot of model disagreements. Seems like the recurving typhoons is making for a tough forecast.
1 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#152 Postby Brent » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:19 pm

Ntxw wrote:Will say this after the late season heatwave there is a lot of model disagreements. Seems like the recurving typhoons is making for a tough forecast.

I have noticed the weather apps at least up here have a front and closer to normal by next weekend. We'll see if that holds up
0 likes   
#neversummer

funster
Category 3
Category 3

#153 Postby funster » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:05 am

The upcoming heat wave sucks but at least the lows aren't supposed to be in the 80s.
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#154 Postby Brent » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:57 pm

Euro still showing a front at the end of the week. GFS not so much
0 likes   
#neversummer

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#155 Postby weatherdude1108 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:53 pm

What's the latest SOI? I know that's just one variable for looking at weather forecasts. But seems to be a decent indicator of looking at short/long-term rain chances for Texas based on past discussions.

All I know now is the cockroach death ridge has taken over, with record highs in jeopardy this next week or so (possibly slightly over 100 according to EWX), and it's almost October.
:roll: It's like that rainy period we had last month said, "Haha, just teasing!"
Last edited by weatherdude1108 on Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#156 Postby Iceresistance » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:54 pm

weatherdude1108 wrote:What's the latest SOI? I know that's just one variable for looking at weather forecasts. But seems to be a decent indicator of looking at short/long rain chances for Texas based on past discussions.

All I know now is the cockroach death ridge has taken over, with record highs in jeopardy this next week or so (possibly slightly over 100 according to EWX), and it's almost October.
:roll: It's like that rainy period we had last month said, "Haha, just teasing!"

Daily SOI is at +29.42, it was +20 yesterday.
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#157 Postby weatherdude1108 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:02 pm

Iceresistance wrote:
weatherdude1108 wrote:What's the latest SOI? I know that's just one variable for looking at weather forecasts. But seems to be a decent indicator of looking at short/long rain chances for Texas based on past discussions.

Doea this mean (in this case) the higher positive number means likely drier?

And if the number were lower/negative number, it means likely wetter (at least for TX/OK)?

I guess the 90 day trend is more the long-term trend?

I'm guessing the latest number is bad for rain in our areas. Just educating myself. Water is a precious thing these days.
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#158 Postby Iceresistance » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:06 pm

weatherdude1108 wrote:
Iceresistance wrote:

Does this mean (in this case) the higher positive number means likely drier?

And if the number were lower/negative number, it means likely wetter (at least for TX/OK)?

I'm guessing the latest number is bad for rain in our areas. Just educating myself. Water is a precious thing these days.

You're spot on! :D

It usually takes a few days before the SOI index affects us, but it does not appear to be that case this time around.
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#159 Postby Ntxw » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:07 am

weatherdude1108 wrote:
Iceresistance wrote:

SOI is an ENSO proxy. When it is consistently negative, Texas is generally in wet pattern. When consistently positive it is a dry pattern. When you get spikes either way expect a little more extreme (+30/-30 is my general rule for major spikes). When the index has a big swing one way or another then there is likely a pattern shift on the way regarding precip. This is regarding daily values.

30-90 day tells you overall El Nino or La Nina state. Positive being La Nina conditions and negative being El Nino.

September is spiking positive and staying there.
3 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#160 Postby Iceresistance » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:06 pm

Ntxw wrote:
weatherdude1108 wrote:
Iceresistance wrote:

SOI is an ENSO proxy. When it is consistently negative, Texas is generally in wet pattern. When consistently positive it is a dry pattern. When you get spikes either way expect a little more extreme (+30/-30 is my general rule for major spikes). When the index has a big swing one way or another then there is likely a pattern shift on the way regarding precip. This is regarding daily values.

30-90 day tells you overall El Nino or La Nina state. Positive being La Nina conditions and negative being El Nino.

September is spiking positive and staying there.

Yeah, it's now above +30 for daily SOI.
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”