Texas Fall 2023

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Texas Snowman
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Texas Fall 2023

#1 Postby Texas Snowman » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:15 am

Earlier in the week, we had early morning cloud cover and north winds as storms swept through parts of Oklahoma. Almost felt like an early taste of fall.

So with that, and now three weeks from the start of meteorological fall, here it is, one of my favorite threads of the year, the official Texas Fall 2023 thread.

We’ll move over there in a few weeks on the opening day of dove season, on September 1st, when the meteorological autumn season finally begins. (Good riddance Summer 2023!!!)

Hopefully, our upcoming discussions will include some very beneficial fall rainfall across Texas, some strong and early cool fronts pushing through, and no lingering summertime heat.

We can all dream, right?
3 likes   
The above post and any post by Texas Snowman is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

TropicalTundra
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Texas Fall 2023

#2 Postby TropicalTundra » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:38 pm

FINALLY! I was waiting for this thread. The heat's completely disturbed my aestivation for the most part.

Hopefully Fall brings cooler and stormier weather. I'm done with these triple digits.
3 likes   
Summer's for hibernation, Winter’s my vacation

Please don't use my posts as forecast, I'm a complete meteorology noob! I just like cold weather, alright?

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Cpv17 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:52 pm

TropicalTundra wrote:FINALLY! I was waiting for this thread. The heat's completely disturbed my aestivation for the most part.

Hopefully Fall brings cooler and stormier weather. I'm done with these triple digits.

Some of us have already been posting in the winter thread.
1 likes   

TropicalTundra
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby TropicalTundra » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:33 pm

TropicalTundra wrote:FINALLY! I was waiting for this thread. The heat's completely disturbed my aestivation for the most part.

2 likes   
Summer's for hibernation, Winter’s my vacation

Please don't use my posts as forecast, I'm a complete meteorology noob! I just like cold weather, alright?

texas1836
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#5 Postby texas1836 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:51 am

TropicalTundra wrote:

https://i.ibb.co/D4VCQLD/Screenshot-2023-08-11-213151.png

I like the pic. I've recently moved to Ruidoso N.M. from McKinney Texas (Early Jump to Retirement). However, I am still in the Landscaping Industry supporting North Texas. I will still be monitoring Storm2k for Fall/Winter weather which has "EVERYTHING" to do with early Spring. I'm glad to still have you guys here.
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby SoupBone » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:08 am

TropicalTundra wrote:

Oh my, please let this happen. I love cooler Falls.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Wampadawg
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#7 Postby Wampadawg » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:34 am

SoupBone wrote:
TropicalTundra wrote:

Oh my, please let this happen. I love cooler Falls.

,taking out my 4 leaf clover,rabbits foot.my first miller high life beer cap and and any other good luck charm that would be such a treat after the summer from heat hell
1 likes   
Harvey,Hanna,Beta,Texas Winter storm2021,Nicholas

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby weatherdude1108 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:14 pm

Bill Ponder thinks mid September will be the pattern transition.

So one more month of blast furnace misery.

Link: https://youtu.be/EYYTF0zmfco
2 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby Brent » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:34 pm

I hope so... But unfortunately I discovered the all time September and October high in Tulsa was set in 1939... Ironically the last time California had a landfall before this week :spam: doesn't seem to be a good thing for us
0 likes   
#neversummer

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby Cpv17 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:43 pm

Brent wrote:I hope so... But unfortunately I discovered the all time September and October high in Tulsa was set in 1939... Ironically the last time California had a landfall before this week :spam: doesn't seem to be a good thing for us

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the heat and drought stick around till October. I think drought conditions are gonna get a good bit worse yet before they get better.
0 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby Iceresistance » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:41 am

weatherdude1108 wrote:Bill Ponder thinks mid September will be the pattern transition.

https://youtu.be/EYYTF0zmfco

Mid-September is the Oklahoma State Fair, so that seems to be accurate. :lol:
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby weatherdude1108 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:29 am

Cpv17 wrote:
Brent wrote:I hope so... But unfortunately I discovered the all time September and October high in Tulsa was set in 1939... Ironically the last time California had a landfall before this week :spam: doesn't seem to be a good thing for us

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the heat and drought stick around till October. I think drought conditions are gonna get a good bit worse yet before they get better.

Wouldn't surprise me, because back in 2011 here, once it hit October, the rains came back and it cooled off permanently. Hoping for sooner than October however!
:wink:
1 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#13 Postby Portastorm » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:12 am

weatherdude1108 wrote:Bill Ponder thinks mid September will be the pattern transition.

https://youtu.be/EYYTF0zmfco

Larry Cosgrove is saying the same. Hope they're right.
2 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#14 Postby Ntxw » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:14 am

There will likely be an anomalous cold snap late October or November. This is a common theme for El Nino.
2 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15 Postby Brent » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:50 pm

Ntxw wrote:There will likely be an anomalous cold snap late October or November. This is a common theme for El Nino.

Hopefully that's not all our winter :spam:
0 likes   
#neversummer

captainbarbossa19
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:11 pm

Bring on the cold! I want to ride my bike to class and not be drenched when I get to class. 100 degrees everyday is so boring and flat out ridiculous in Mississippi.
2 likes   

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17 Postby bubba hotep » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:38 pm

Euro Weeklies show little to no rain for most of Texas, better in South and Coastal Texas but still below normal, and a straight up full on North American Torch through October :grrr: :grr:
0 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#18 Postby South Texas Storms » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:03 pm

bubba hotep wrote:Euro Weeklies show little to no rain for most of Texas, better in South and Coastal Texas but still below normal, and a straight up full on North American Torch through October :grrr: :grr:

Yeah fall looks almost nonexistent across much of the US through September. Not what you wanna see after a brutal summer. Hopefully our cooler and wetter El Nino pattern will kick in October.
2 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#19 Postby weatherdude1108 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:27 pm

South Texas Storms wrote:
bubba hotep wrote:Euro Weeklies show little to no rain for most of Texas, better in South and Coastal Texas but still below normal, and a straight up full on North American Torch through October :grrr: :grr:

Yeah fall looks almost nonexistent across much of the US through September. Not what you wanna see after a brutal summer. Hopefully our cooler and wetter El Nino pattern will kick in October.

I mean, the brutally hot Summer of 2011 did a 180 when October hit. Was counting on Mid September this year.
0 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#20 Postby Iceresistance » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:32 pm

weatherdude1108 wrote:
South Texas Storms wrote:

I mean, the brutally hot Summer of 2011 did a 180 when October hit. Was counting on Mid September this year.

Oklahoma may get the State Fair blessing
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”