Florida Weather

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Florida Weather

#17581 Postby NDG » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:02 am

Despite a very cloudy and rainy Meteorological Winter over all FL will end up near average to slightly below average, if it wasn't for February temps would had ended up above average.
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17582 Postby chaser1 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:01 am

NDG wrote:Despite a very cloudy and rainy Meteorological Winter over all FL will end up near average to slightly below average, if it wasn't for February temps would had ended up above average.

I have trouble remembering what I had for dinner last night let alone how our weather was 4-6 weeks ago :D . I know that we're both here in the general Orlando area but I'm trying to remember back to this past January because I had thought that following a warm New Years, that our part of the state had a fairly cool month? Did our overall "cool-down" not actually begin until the end of the month?

There's no doubt, South Florida temps seem to have been basically mild for the most part with no extreme cold entering the state this year.... much less South Florida.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17583 Postby psyclone » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:39 pm

Very odd winter with lots of clouds, breezy to windy conditions, cool but without getting cold. Lots of hoodie firepit nights with no cover the plants nights is a tough balance bit it happened. I personally like it warmer but the warm fans have had a good run so something different was overdue. I do feel like we missed out on severe/convective threats. I was expecting a lot more rain, squall lines and severe risks. Of course we're still fair game for that between now and April but that season to date has been underwhelming..
1 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17584 Postby chaser1 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:32 pm

Was thinking the same; where's all of our El Nino peak February Gulf squall lines? Seems like the current Nino has been the big nullifier when it comes to extreme anything (squall line, severe cold etc)
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

MetroMike
Category 3
Category 3

#17585 Postby MetroMike » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:10 pm

chaser1 wrote:Was thinking the same; where's all of our El Nino peak February Gulf squall lines? Seems like the current Nino has been the big nullifier when it comes to extreme anything (squall line, severe cold etc)

It is making itself known that Nino effects are holding on in mid-late March. A rare for March chance of heavy rains in Florida Friday with low pressure traversing the Eastern Gulf.
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17586 Postby chaser1 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:05 am

Speaking of.... check out the organizing low moving ESE coming in to the Cape Sable area. Upper Keys, Miami-Dade, and S. Broward looking pretty wet and getting wetter. Foreshadowing May/June event perhaps ? :wink:
0 likes   

HURRICANELONNY
Category 5
Category 5

#17587 Postby HURRICANELONNY » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:56 pm

This definitely a classic El Nino low. El nino effects not over yet. The planet still in phase. Like a figure skater spinning. Takes time to stop the spin around the globe.
0 likes   
hurricanelonny

Patrick99
Category 5
Category 5

#17588 Postby Patrick99 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:04 pm

Some good storms in SE FL yesterday......yet front still rolled on right through and cleared the state, even if it didn't cool things significantly. Crazy to me that every single front still has so much push, even in late April.

If that front had stalled instead, we might well have had an early start to the rainy season. The storms yesterday afternoon felt very summer-like.
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”