World's ocean temps are warmest on record.

Weather events from around the world plus Astronomy and Geology and other Natural events.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
x-y-no
Category 5
Category 5

Re: World's ocean temps are warmest on record.

#41 Postby x-y-no » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:37 pm

vbhoutex wrote:That is a good point Jan. I wonder if it is addressed in any way in the NASA report?

I haven't seen anything yet. Anyway, Dr. Spencer only posted this on Thursday, so it may be a while before we see any reply from the NASA researchers. I'll keep my eyes open and post here if I see anything.

If he's found a real error, that's a good catch.
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#42 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:09 pm

vbhoutex ever since my location reported jungle like high humidex (temperature and dew point combined) I've been more than a little suspicious that mankind has had some influence on it.

I don't trust the press releases from either side, big money certainly is involved, however his article caught my attention (more so because I noticed at another site he stated he hoped NASA will report any errors by either party). Most denyers, that I've heard, have some vitriol in their voice but his writing, and tone, regarding global warming captured my attention enough to be curious about the man and what he had to say.

x-y-no I hope NASA will have something to say regarding his paper soon and given the SSTs that have been recorded I really hope Dr. Spencer is right this time (thank you for filling in some background on the Dr.).
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#43 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:21 pm

Just saw your newest post x-y-no ......... thank you for keeping an eye open for NASA's reply! :D
0 likes   

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

Re: World's ocean temps are warmest on record.

#44 Postby Sanibel » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:48 am

Lindzen has always been the denialist's favorite scientist.

I think it should be pointed out that besides emotional calls to "not selling out" and "not buying into extremist measures" that when you ask how these 'moderate' people reconcile record STT's and their claim spreading Arctic ice was a sign of the cessation of Global Warming, they don't answer.

In my part of Kansas, if you apply the same common sense they themselves are calling for, I think that pretty much says it all. They should be aware it makes them look like they are making an excuse for doing nothing.
0 likes   

gigabite
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#45 Postby gigabite » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:43 am

I am reworking the quasi biennial oscillation historical hurricane frequency time line, and if you think the 2005 hurricane frequency was high wait until 2011.

I am networking several computers, planning Christmas dinner, reading a book, and writing a deposition, so it will be later on before I post the .gif.

STEM.. LEAF sign QBO
10..... 1..... 5 minus
11..... 1..... 5 plus
12..... 1.....
15..... 4.....
16..... 2.....
28..... 1.....

POSITIVE CORRELATION / TOTAL DEVIATION = CORRELATION COEFFICIENT
15 / 22 = 0.681818182

Positive QBO is hurricane frequency multiplier

0 likes   

Return to “Global Weather”