Asia Weather Forum.

Weather events from around the world plus Astronomy and Geology and other Natural events.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Typhoon10
Category 1
Category 1

Asia Weather Forum.

#1 Postby Typhoon10 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:16 am

Share your weather across Asia, sunny, cloudy, rain. Thunderstorms, lightning, trends. Pictures always welcome.

Hong Kong
The start of May feels like summer already here, humid, touching 30c, aircon on already. Cloudy/hazy. HKO reported for March it was the driest March on record with only 1/3 the average rainfall. Overall the last 6 months have seen very little rain and the winter felt colder than ever before. Speaking to family in Japan and the UK I felt that globally when there was a pattern such as cold, dry spell it was occuring here in HK and Japan but also the UK.
0 likes   

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

Re: Asia Weather Forum.

#2 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Mon May 02, 2011 1:06 am

Beautiful day here in Yokohama! But as far as it being dry here actually been raining on a regular basis every 3-5 days as low pressure systems run off of china.
0 likes   
Satellites, Charts and Forecasting tools for East Asia at WESTERNPACIFICWEATHER.COM

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#3 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Mon May 02, 2011 3:34 am

Any how my video for today, outside in Yokohama today, a little change off of my normal videos.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG2d8uPKCKI&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]
0 likes   
Satellites, Charts and Forecasting tools for East Asia at WESTERNPACIFICWEATHER.COM

Typhoon10
Category 1
Category 1

#4 Postby Typhoon10 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Great Rob. Would be good if we can get a few more people to contribute on here, those based in Singapore, Philippines and other Asia countries to share whats happening. Am off to Surabaya, Indonesia this weekend and am told they have been having a lot of rain and thunderstorms recently.

Again hot and humid today, around 29c. There is a lot of rain in north Guangzhou that seems to be missing us.
0 likes   

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#5 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Mon May 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Have fun, and that is correct, defiantly has been a lot of storms in that in the past several days. Right now I think the big topic is this storm spinning up South of Palua, going to be an interesting one.

But ya if anyone else did videos for the west pac I would be really happy, might even give them a spot with my channel on youtube as I am unable to do them half the time due to my work.

But look forward to hearing how your trip went!
0 likes   

Typhoon10
Category 1
Category 1

#6 Postby Typhoon10 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Rob, yes will watch 93W with interest and see what develops. Another hot day yesterday. Its predicted to hit 30c + for the next week, seems early for Hong Kong to be hitting such hit tempertures
0 likes   

Typhoon10
Category 1
Category 1

#7 Postby Typhoon10 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:14 am

Another hot, but bright day. Hit 32.8c in parts of Hong Kong, and predicted to stay hot for a while. I dont remember it being this hot in May, but maybe am wrong. Will be interesting to see what track TD3 takes and whether it will impact us
0 likes   

Typhoon10
Category 1
Category 1

#8 Postby Typhoon10 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:07 pm

Another very warm day, 32c+. But due to a LPA, suppose to drop down to around 28c tomorrow with the prospect of maybe a few showers and thunderstorms. With the TS swinging its way north and weakening into a TD, am sure Japan will be a bit wet and windy over the next few days
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#9 Postby cycloneye » Thu May 12, 2011 5:02 pm

A tornado moved thru Taipei,Taiwan.I cant find reports about damage nor fatalities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-pRfW4Q ... r_embedded
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Typhoon10
Category 1
Category 1

#10 Postby Typhoon10 » Thu May 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks for sharing that, its crazy that they get a Tornado in Taiwan!

This morning thunderstorms and rain, a little cooler.
0 likes   

Return to “Global Weather”