Statistical Analysis - Weather Estimation for Summer 2013

Weather events from around the world plus Astronomy and Geology and other Natural events.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
youweather
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

Statistical Analysis - Weather Estimation for Summer 2013

#1 Postby youweather » Mon May 20, 2013 8:17 am

Hi to everybody,

this is the 6th year that I run a statistical model for estimating weather for long periods and the first time in english. The story behind this model, is to approach long term weather estmation from the side of statistical analysis. Currently I run it for Greece region - which I come from - but next winter I'll run it for United Kingdom region too. Since then I present the findings for summer 2013 in the following link:

http://www.youweather.com/article.php?id=84

At your desposal,
Dimitris
0 likes   

youweather
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

Re: Statistical Analysis - Weather Estimation for Summer 2013

#2 Postby youweather » Mon May 20, 2013 11:54 am

Trying to "translate" the general trend for Greece region, the ensemble as a result of the statistical analysis discloses some interesting periods which could be correlated with the northwest regions of Europe.
It seems that around 20th of June Greece will face a southern movement of cold air masses that will cause some unstable weather with thunderstorms or showers. That meens that during this period high pressures could have been established in central Europe which will enjoy pretty nice and warm weather.
Begin of July Greece will face very warm weather that normally happens when extended low pressures are established in northwest Europe and the Balkan peninsular is affected from a dominand SW air stream. So probably beggining of July will be rainy for northwest Europe.
Similar correlations could be found "reading" the statistical ensemble of my long term weather estimation.

At your desposal,
Dimitris
0 likes   

Return to “Global Weather”