'Ten minute' Storm Rips Across China

Weather events from around the world plus Astronomy and Geology and other Natural events.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Anonymous

'Ten minute' Storm Rips Across China

#1 Postby Anonymous » Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:31 pm

In China, at least one person has been killed and scores injured, after tornadoes and large hailstones wreaked havoc across the country.

Officals say hailstones the size of eggs have crashed into the eastern province of Zhejiang, destroying about 18,000 homes and injuring more than 100 people.

The storm lasted 10 minutes then made its way across China, leaving a trail of destruction.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#2 Postby ColdFront77 » Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:06 pm

Wow! I assume hail that size hasn't occurred in China in quite awhile before this event. :o
0 likes   

Colin
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Colin » Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:15 pm

Wow... that's very impressive. My thoughts and prayers are with that area of China... after all that damage they've suffered! :o
0 likes   

#4 Postby Guest » Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:36 pm

Wow - must of been a frightening experience for them in China.
0 likes   

MonsoonDude

#5 Postby MonsoonDude » Tue May 20, 2003 4:26 am

didnt know severe weather happend in china like that...hmmmmmm goes to show i have somewhat to learn
0 likes   

Return to “Global Weather”