No Political Posts

Weather events from around the world plus Astronomy and Geology and other Natural events.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

No Political Posts

#1 Postby southerngale » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:32 pm

No politics is clearly stated in the Board Rules forum, but for those who've apparently missed it, please keep political comments out of discussions. We don't have a political forum anymore.

If you have any questions or aren't sure whether a topic is crossing the line, feel free to PM a mod or admin.

Thank you.
0 likes   

Hybridstorm_November2001
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby Hybridstorm_November2001 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:36 pm

I agree with this policy 100%. We don't need that type of stuff on these forums. It just drags down everything else, by creating a bad atmosphere.
0 likes   

Jim Cantore

#3 Postby Jim Cantore » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:38 pm

I love this rule, you cant say politics without mentioning a Flame War.
0 likes   

Ptarmigan
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Ptarmigan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:39 pm

I hate it when politics are injected into non-political threads, especially when they involve meteorology.
0 likes   

JBG
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#5 Postby JBG » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:41 am

Does that exclude discussions about climate change or skepticism abouto same?
0 likes   

x-y-no
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby x-y-no » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:40 pm

JBG wrote:Does that exclude discussions about climate change or skepticism abouto same?

Discussions about the science relating to climate change are fine.

Discussions about people's agendas, ad hominem attacks etc. are not.
0 likes   

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

Re: No Political Posts

#7 Postby Bunkertor » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:00 pm

I agree political posts are not appropriate in a weather-forum but i think beside the "Vote Bush"-smiley an Obama and a McCain should be available.

:vote:
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#8 Postby southerngale » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:25 pm

Bunkertor wrote:I agree political posts are not appropriate in a weather-forum but i think beside the "Vote Bush"-smiley an Obama and a McCain should be available.

:vote:

I don't think Chad will be adding any more. Obviously, the Bush one is old, and nobody will be voting for him this go 'round. Chad added the "Vote Bush" and "Vote Kerry" ones during the last election campaign, when we had a political forum. I'm sure he's just forgotten to remove them, and since they're irrelevant, nobody really ever uses them anyway. :P
0 likes   

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby Sanibel » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:00 pm

I kind of disagree and think the issue is being exaggerated in order to eliminate information where persons of a certain political persuasion were obviously unable to defend their views. If I was allowed to speak the truth, I would say the background of many weather people involves government or military association and that is part of the reason. I hope this doesn't get me in trouble, but it is my feeling and I don't think I'm out of place saying it. It is my specific point that some people benefit from political discussions being eliminated. I hope we are still allowed to speak our minds in America...
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby Stephanie » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:18 am

Sanibel wrote:I kind of disagree and think the issue is being exaggerated in order to eliminate information where persons of a certain political persuasion were obviously unable to defend their views. If I was allowed to speak the truth, I would say the background of many weather people involves government or military association and that is part of the reason. I hope this doesn't get me in trouble, but it is my feeling and I don't think I'm out of place saying it. It is my specific point that some people benefit from political discussions being eliminated. I hope we are still allowed to speak our minds in America...

No that wasn't part of the reason. The reason is that it got out of hand and the infighting and the babysitting wasn't worth having the Political Forum open.

This is a private forum where as the owners have the right to allow or disallow whatever topics they want. I'm sure that there other places in America that you can find a spot to relay your political point of view.
0 likes   

Squarethecircle
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby Squarethecircle » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:28 am

:uarrow: There are other forums with exactly that purpose. We don't need it here.
0 likes   

Cryomaniac
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby Cryomaniac » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:14 am

I think a political forum would be fine as long as the politics stayed there, which it of course wouldn't...
0 likes   

x-y-no
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#13 Postby x-y-no » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:21 am

Cryomaniac wrote:I think a political forum would be fine as long as the politics stayed there, which it of course wouldn't...

The fact is that when we had one, it continually got out of hand. And that made a heck of a lot of extra work for the mods (I wasn't a mod back then but I definitely was one of the offenders.)

It's a distraction from the purpose of this site and for that reason it just ain't going to happen.
0 likes   

Cryomaniac
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#14 Postby Cryomaniac » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:10 pm

x-y-no wrote:
Cryomaniac wrote:I think a political forum would be fine as long as the politics stayed there, which it of course wouldn't...

The fact is that when we had one, it continually got out of hand. And that made a heck of a lot of extra work for the mods (I wasn't a mod back then but I definitely was one of the offenders.)

It's a distraction from the purpose of this site and for that reason it just ain't going to happen.

Thats kind of what I meant.
0 likes   

mrslinarcos
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#15 Postby mrslinarcos » Wed May 14, 2008 11:18 pm

Not a problem with me, I'm strictly neutral. No politics at all.
0 likes   

Claire
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#16 Postby Claire » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:27 am

Since this is a weather forum. We should discus about climate changes, weather stations, science and weather prediction tools. There is no need to discus politics here. For this purpose, there should be political forums too.
0 likes   

Return to “Global Weather”