Remember, it only takes 1 storm

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

jdray
Category 3
Category 3

Remember, it only takes 1 storm

#1 Postby jdray » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:00 pm

Just a friendly reminder that regardless of how long it has been since your area has been affected, it only takes one storm.

Even us here in NE Florida need to be prepared. The City of Jacksonville has a map and feature called Operation Reality Check. It shows just what a storm will do if Jacksonville were to be hit again.
http://www.coj.net/Departments/Fire+and ... +Check.htm

16+ feet of water in a downtown area will definitely hurt business.

Always check your local city/municipality website for more information.
Know your evacuation routes and zones. Many have been updated recently and what you thought was a safe area is no longer so.
0 likes   

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

Re: Remember, it only takes 1 storm

#2 Postby Dionne » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:33 am

jdray.....you are so right! We thought we were safe being inland a ways......Katrina sure taught us a lesson. If anything gets into the northern GOM......we're out of here. I wouldn't even have to stop at the ATM. Everything is in place for a hasty evacuation. Some call it paranoia......I call it a heightened sense of awareness.
0 likes   

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

Re: Remember, it only takes 1 storm

#3 Postby Dionne » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

I came in this afternoon and checked the conditions in the gulf. The next thing that happened was fueling both trucks to the max and all containers. The little woman is out purchasing bottled water as I type. I refuse to be caught off guard again. Hopefully I'm wrong. Dolly seems so large and weak at the same time? Even a heavy rain event will send us north......quickly. It's confusing. We're not trusting any forecast. We will run.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”