People are taking Gustav seriously on the AL Coast

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

stormy1970al
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

People are taking Gustav seriously on the AL Coast

#1 Postby stormy1970al » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:56 am

Hi Everyone. Well I am working this whole entire weekend. I manage to get all of my supplies yesterday morning and found the rest at my store that night. So anyone on the Alabama Coast needs supplies like batteries and water we have them in Daphne. I am proud and amazed how seriously people are taking this storm where I live. They are preparing and taking the necessary precautions but are not freaking out. I also applaud our local mets for alerting us, not scaring us, and making sure we have the right info without over-hyping the storm. I have to admit I am a bit nervous going into work today not knowing if this storm is going to change its path, etc. But I do know if it does I am prepared.

So once again I would like to give the people of the AL coast a big applaud for being prepared and courteous to one another. I am off to an 8 hour shift at one of the retail stores in the area. I have a strange feeling it is going to be a very busy day!
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”