Buying Drinking Water Right Before Hurricane

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

TallyTracker
Category 2
Category 2

Buying Drinking Water Right Before Hurricane

#1 Postby TallyTracker » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:57 am

As Hurricane Dorian is approaching Florida, I have noticed that bottled water is already selling out 4 days in advance to the projected landfall. I’ve recently started using refillable plastic jugs to store water. I don’t particularly like drinking my tap water so I use the refill stations found at most grocery stores and big box stores. The advantages are that the water is the local tap water; however, it is filtered to remove much of the junk in most tap water. The water won’t run out like bottled water on the shelf. I purchase it in 5 gallon jugs to use with my water cooler, but many different size jugs are available. You can also refill your gallon jugs with clean drinking water.

This also comes with the added benefits of less plastic usage and cheaper water costs. This is a great alternative to buying lots of expensive bottled water.
1 likes   
Fran '96, Georges '98, Gordon '00, Gabrielle '01, Charley '04, Frances '04, Jeanne '04, Barry '07, Fay '08, Debby '12, Matthew '16, Emily '17, Irma '17, Michael ‘18, Elsa ‘21, Fred ‘21, Mindy ‘21, Nicole ‘22, Idalia ‘23

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”