My insurance company

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

jusforsean
Category 1
Category 1

My insurance company

#1 Postby jusforsean » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:41 pm

Interesting, after Wilma I saw that i was very underinsured and i had to fight for them not to total my home because i would have been at a loss. Either way they would only let me up it to 33,000 so i did, and they said that if i got an apraisial they wouldnt depreciate. I learned about depreation, who knew???:) anyways, now I had the apprasial guy come and even though we are not finished with repairs yet, i am nervous that August is here, he said he could do the appraisial but its best to wait till we are done so i called the insurance company and now they say apraisal or none they cannot up the insurance and they will still depreciate, good thing i didnt do the appraisial, either way they say i can add a fee to my policy so they wont depreciate for contents, wither way i am glad that we have insurance and i hope we dont need to use it. Bu its amazing how things change! They also said that there is now a hurricane surcharge for changes to a policy, interesting they are making money once again off of hurricanes.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”