Sky Light Protection....

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

sprink52
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Sky Light Protection....

#1 Postby sprink52 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:47 pm

I have superior poured concrete construction, re enforced garage doors, Dade Co. approved shutters for doors and windows. I can't find any thing any where that shows me how to protect a skylight. That is my weakest link.I had no trouble with it in Frances, Jeanne or Wilma...but you never know what's around the corner. Any ideas? 8-)
0 likes   

DanKellFla
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby DanKellFla » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:21 pm

The only solution that I have seen that works is to fill it in once it starts to leak. :( Sorry. But that was on old (15+ years) homes. Maybe there is something new out there.
0 likes   

sprink52
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Sky Light Protection....

#3 Postby sprink52 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:21 pm

sprink52 wrote:I have superior poured concrete construction, re enforced garage doors, Dade Co. approved shutters for doors and windows. I can't find any thing any where that shows me how to protect a skylight. That is my weakest link.I had no trouble with it in Frances, Jeanne or Wilma...but you never know what's around the corner. Any ideas? 8-)

WOW!!! I posted this over a year ago and got 1: reply. There must be NO WAY TO PROTECT A SKYLIGHT FROM HURRICANES.

I guess I could have a sheet metal box cover built for it and attach it with Tek Screws :?:

I thought by now there would be an approved way to do this. Sounds like a business opportunity to me...HMMMMMM. :roll:
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”