Weak remnant low southwest of Nate

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Tropical Wave over the northeastern Caribbean Sea

#21 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:13 am

If this manages to develop, this could be the last chance where we can get the non-MH Nate here. But the chance looks decreasing since the gyre in the south gave this TW alot of trouble, and now it looks very poor.
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#22 Postby chaser1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 am

SuperMarioBros99thx wrote:If this manages to develop, this could be the last chance where we can get the non-MH Nate here. But the chance looks decreasing since the gyre in the south gave this TW alot of trouble, and now it looks very poor.

In terms of development, suggesting that this wave looks very poor might even be overly gracious LOL. I'd put greater odds on Fidel Castro lighting up a cigar than this wave to develop during the next several days
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#23 Postby blp » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:10 pm

00z GFS is the strongest run yet with a Tropical Storm making landfall over S.Fla. in 66hrs.

1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#24 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:15 am

It looks like that this TW managed to survive the gyre. I could trust GFS if this could get organized quickly (particularly the southern part of this wave) exploiting very warm waters in this moment. If it manages to do so that would be incredible coup for GFS.
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby northjaxpro » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:31 am

SuperMarioBros99thx wrote:It looks like that this TW managed to survive the gyre. I could trust GFS if this could get organized quickly (particularly the southern part of this wave) exploiting very warm waters in this moment. If it manages to do so that would be incredible coup for GFS.

Actually, it was the 0Z EURO back on 09/29/17
that first picked up the vorticity of this system. The GFS jumped on board afterward . Just go over the posts on this thread. Better yet, the very first post which started this thread for that matter.

I have had my eye on this TW for the past several days. As I have pointed out in previous posts on this thread, I always was in the camp that we could see potential development from this disturbance. It has been a very slow process with convection trying to get perculating. However, for the first time in days, it appears that convection is beginning to pop on the southern end of the wave axis down over the Central and Southeastern Bahamas early this morning.

Definitely have to monitor this for the short term, especially South Florida given that potential impacts could occur within 60 hours from now should this wave develop.

Also, it is time to update changing the title of this thread, especially since the wave axis is in the Bahamas currently, and with the potential development in just a couple of days.
1 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

DESTRUCTION5
Category 5
Category 5

#26 Postby DESTRUCTION5 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:47 am

blp wrote:00z GFS is the strongest run yet with a Tropical Storm making landfall over S.Fla. in 66hrs.

Surprised no one is mentioning this. It is the GFS I know but it's usually pretty dead on thru 60 hrs. 06z is developing what looks to be a 50mph TS making landfall in SFl and exiting around Sarasota.
0 likes   
GATOR NATION IS E V E R Y W H E R E !

boca
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby boca » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:51 am

Probably because it hasn't formed yet and the title of this thread is wrong. I'm watching this for possible development.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: Tropical Wave near Florida

#28 Postby tolakram » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:00 am

Luis is the one that usually keeps these threads up to date, I sure do miss him!

I believe this is the same wave, please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. A trough of low pressure is moving westward over southern Florida,
producing showers and gusty winds. Upper-level winds are not
favorable for tropical cyclone formation.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent.
2 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

boca
Category 5
Category 5

#29 Postby boca » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:05 am

Mark that's it and your doing a great job and we all miss Luis.
2 likes   

DESTRUCTION5
Category 5
Category 5

#30 Postby DESTRUCTION5 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:08 am

tolakram wrote:Luis is the one that usually keeps these threads up to date, I sure do miss him!

Not sure but GFS goes 0 to 60 real quick in 54 hrs.
0 likes   
GATOR NATION IS E V E R Y W H E R E !

ronjon
Category 5
Category 5

#31 Postby ronjon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:13 am

NHC doesn't have their spot marked correctly. It's the northern end of the wave axis over eastern Cuba that the GFS develops into a TS in 2 days. Located near 23N-76W now in the SE Bahamas.

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/loop.asp?data_folder=tropical/tropical_ge_4km_visir2_floater_2&width=640&height=480&number_of_images_to_display=12
0 likes   

tgenius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#32 Postby tgenius » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:24 am

DESTRUCTION5 wrote:
blp wrote:00z GFS is the strongest run yet with a Tropical Storm making landfall over S.Fla. in 66hrs.

[img]/img]

Surprised no one is mentioning this. It is the GFS I know but it's usually pretty dead on thru 60 hrs. 06z is developing what looks to be a 50mph TS making landfall in SFl and exiting around Sarasota.

I know its GFS, but I'm a bit skeptical considering its already 8AM on tuesday and that shows the storm at about 6PM on Thursday! Never say never but just doubtful in my eyes.
0 likes   

boca
Category 5
Category 5

#33 Postby boca » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:27 am

On satellite it looks like just a plain tropical wave which is attached to a front and it doesn't have that curve that you look for in development
0 likes   

SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#34 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:34 am

tolakram wrote:Luis is the one that usually keeps these threads up to date, I sure do miss him!

IMO NHC could well be surprised from this development of this TW. Emily 2017?
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#35 Postby NDG » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:43 am

I guess the NHC is not believing the GFS not one bit about development with this area of disturbed wx.
1 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#36 Postby gatorcane » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:22 am

There is nothing where the NHC put the X. Not following why the X is over SE Florida right now?
1 likes   

USTropics
Category 5
Category 5

#37 Postby USTropics » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:33 am

gatorcane wrote:There is nothing where the NHC put the X. Not following why the X is over SE Florida right now?

There is a trough axis just to the south and east. Models had shown some development in early runs associated with a weak system impacting EFL.

0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#38 Postby TheStormExpert » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:34 am

Totally not buying the phantom storm the GFS is showing just a few days from now. Seriously how can a model be so bad just a few days out?
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#39 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:37 am

The shear now is 30kt. This is clearly unfavorable, but if this wave survives the shear, COUP for the GFS.
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#40 Postby NDG » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:44 am

South FL has 48 hrs to get ready for the GFS's forecasted phantom storm and its 6-10" it will drop over SE FL, lol.

1 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”