Possible Development in the Central / SW Caribbean (Is Invest 97L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
MarioProtVI
Category 2
Category 2

Re: Possible Development in the Central / SW Caribbean

#21 Postby MarioProtVI » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:03 pm

cycloneye wrote:12z Euro operational has it moving to CentralAmerica as it has the ridge strong.

https://i.imgur.com/YIJ6ftB.gif

Anytime the Euro has this you have to watch out. I think Eta 2020 started out this way and I’m concerned this may try to emulate this. Of course we could also just end up with a Lisa repeat as well.
1 likes   

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#22 Postby Blown Away » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:38 pm

12z GEFS
0 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05... EYE COMING MY WAY IN 2024…
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#23 Postby blp » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:06 pm

12z Euro ENS further North and stronger. Trend is North today. A little more and it will be all offshore. Very few members bury into C. America.

2 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#24 Postby cycloneye » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:15 pm

blp wrote:12z Euro ENS further North and stronger. Trend is North today. A little more and it will be all offshore. Very few members bury into C. America.

https://i.ibb.co/VYG4GjY/ecens-2023-10-29-12-Z-240-27-518-269-39-9-635-297-867-MSLP-Surface-tracks-lows.png

Yes blp.Trend at operational is also more north and a little bit stronger.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Hypercane_Kyle
Category 5
Category 5

#25 Postby Hypercane_Kyle » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:51 pm

Development of something looks likely. Seems to me like a classic case of Euro-slow-to-catch-up, while the GFS is in happy hour.

Moderate TS/minimal hurricane in the Western Caribbean is my bet, with a landfall somewhere in Central America based on the steering currents.
0 likes   
My posts are my own personal opinion, defer to the National Hurricane Center (NHC) and other NOAA products for decision making during hurricane season.

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#26 Postby SFLcane » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:36 pm

:eek:

2 likes   

Hypercane_Kyle
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby Hypercane_Kyle » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:00 pm

18z GFS considerably moving up the time frame for TC genesis, now has a tropical storm in the eastern Caribbean by Thursday morning.
1 likes   
My posts are my own personal opinion, defer to the National Hurricane Center (NHC) and other NOAA products for decision making during hurricane season.

WalterWhite
Category 1
Category 1

#28 Postby WalterWhite » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:02 pm

Hypercane_Kyle wrote:18z GFS considerably moving up the time frame for TC genesis, now has a tropical storm in the eastern Caribbean by Thursday morning.

You know what they say about 18Z GFS...
1 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#29 Postby cycloneye » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:06 pm

Hypercane_Kyle wrote:18z GFS considerably moving up the time frame for TC genesis, now has a tropical storm in the eastern Caribbean by Thursday morning.

Let's see if the 00z run repeats that.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#30 Postby SFLcane » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:07 pm

WalterWhite wrote:

You know what they say about 18Z GFS...

Yes they said the same thing about the 12z run lol. I think the gfs has the pegged just not sure about track or intensity yet.
0 likes   

Hypercane_Kyle
Category 5
Category 5

#31 Postby Hypercane_Kyle » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:14 pm

cycloneye wrote:

Heading straight for nicaragua/honduras. Violent hurricane.
0 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#32 Postby SFLcane » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:20 pm

Hypercane_Kyle wrote:
cycloneye wrote:

Nope turns north.
0 likes   

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#33 Postby Category5Kaiju » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:20 pm

That's because it seems to get its act together much quicker than the prior run.
0 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

jlauderdal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#34 Postby jlauderdal » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:21 pm

SFLcane wrote::eek:

Increasing threat to sw fl
1 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#35 Postby cycloneye » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:21 pm

Hypercane_Kyle wrote:
cycloneye wrote:

Lifted from coast of Honduras.

0 likes   

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#36 Postby Blown Away » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:24 pm

18z GFS… MH making the N turn towards Cuba/SFL/Bahamas again…
2 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05... EYE COMING MY WAY IN 2024…
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#37 Postby SFLcane » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:39 pm

:eek:

4 likes   

AutoPenalti
Category 5
Category 5

#38 Postby AutoPenalti » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:47 pm

What’s the water vapor like? Probably going to ingest a lot of continental dry air on approach…
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the NHC and NWS.

Model Runs Cheat Sheet:
GFS (5:30 AM/PM, 11:30 AM/PM)
HWRF, GFDL, UKMET, NAVGEM (6:30-8:00 AM/PM, 12:30-2:00 AM/PM)
ECMWF (1:45 AM/PM)

TCVN
is a weighted averaged

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#39 Postby cycloneye » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:48 pm

If what GFS has comes to fructition, the ACE will reach hyperactive status. Is right now at 145,6 and the 1.59 units is the number to reach and surpass.
3 likes   

REDHurricane
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#40 Postby REDHurricane » Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:28 pm

Category5Kaiju wrote:

That's because it seems to get its act together much quicker than the prior run.

Yep, it looks like whether or not this setup produces a major hurricane will depend almost entirely on the initial consolidation of the disturbance -- if it develops into a TD more quickly like the GFS is predicting, we'll see another late-season Caribbean major that turns north towards Cuba/Florida instead of making landfall with Central America and weakening; if it forms more slowly like the Euro has been showing (but trending away from), we'll probably just get a weak TS that gets steered into Central America before it has a chance to intensify into anything of significance.

My hunch for the past several days has been that a strong hurricane will likely emerge out of this pattern. We've got all the ingredients: anomalously warm/deep water, favorable wind shear environment, large pocket of moisture without dry air intrusion, and a pre-existing disturbance moving into the area. It's almost November and the vast majority of the Caribbean is sitting at or above 30ºC... if the "purpose" of tropical cyclones on Earth is to transport anomalous heat from the tropics poleward and the sea surface upward, then I'd say this would be a perfect opportunity for the atmosphere to do exactly that before the season is over. Of course this doesn't mean anything has to develop for certain, but at this moment all of the ingredients required to cook up a major hurricane appear to be in place, and nature is about to stick the dish in a fully preheated oven -- whatever happens after that is up to chance.

Last edited by REDHurricane on Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”