wxman57.com is Online!

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

wxman57.com is Online!

#1 Postby wxman57 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:56 am

Just a quick note to announce that I'm back online after a 2 year hiatus following Comcast's decision not to host websites. I managed to acquire the domain "wxman57.com".

I have my very old and outdated site "WorldWide Weather" uploaded as a test, but one page I've been maintaining is my hurricane links page.

http://www.wxman57.com/hurricane.html

I got the pages back up describing how to make meteograms (plus the Excel files).

http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=109958

Oh, my worldwide radars page is up too. If you know of any more, let me know and I'll add them in:

http://wxman57.com/radars.html
Last edited by vbhoutex on Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To sticky post-vbhoutex
14 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: wxman57.com is Online!

#2 Postby Tireman4 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:32 am

Oh dear. Next thing you know, he will be writing a book. The title?

Hot and Loving It: The Story of Summers In Houston, Texas
1 likes   

WeatherEmperor
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby WeatherEmperor » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:31 pm

All I have to say is Its about damn time!

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#4 Postby wxman57 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Just playing around with it using notepad, I removed the cat in the left frame and replaced it with something more appropriate. I also removed the left menu drop-down menu to pages that no longer exist, as well as all the stuff under "What's New" that was from as long as 17 years ago. ;-)
0 likes   

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby blp » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:34 pm

wxman57 wrote:Just playing around with it using notepad, I removed the cat in the left frame and replaced it with something more appropriate. I also removed the left menu drop-down menu to pages that no longer exist, as well as all the stuff under "What's New" that was from as long as 17 years ago. ;-)

I remember really enjoying your earlier page on the case for Florida getting increased activity prior to the hyperactive mid 2000's. You made some great arguments predicting the future. Thanks for bringing your site back up.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

GeneratorPower
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby GeneratorPower » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:51 am

Tireman4 wrote:Oh dear. Next thing you know, he will be writing a book. The title?

Hot and Loving It: The Story of Summers In Houston, Texas

Crushing Weathergeek Dreams with Cold, Hard Reality - My Story of Overcoming Internet Noise with Science

A fascinating glimpse into the life of Wxman57, renowned meteorological realist, as you've never seen him before. Discover the hows, whys, and methods behind his unique persona and his unbelievable plans for the future.

In this updated edition, you'll find classic stories of his wait-and-pounce approach. Ignoring the message boards for several days while young enthusiasts hype the latest group of clouds into a Category 5 monster, Wxman57 then returns from a 7,200km bike ride to crush their dreams with science. "There's nothing there yet -- and probably won't be until next Thursday" he types. "This will probably increase cloudiness in the Bahamas and maybe rain chances into next weekend for Florida. That's good because I'm scheduled to be off."

In addition, you'll get never-before-seen insights into the true monster storm threats. Using the same blunt tactics and free of any emotion whatsoever, Wxman57's Vulcan-like persona crushes the reverse-psychology groupthink surrounding a real, genuine threat. "This will likely be a Category 3 or 4 landfalling somewhere from Grand Isle to Port Arthur in 3 days." he says, obliterating aspiring internet meteorologist "DingoBaby" who insists Tropical Depression 4 is a "weak, nothing blob".

This edition includes bonus features and interviews with his most vocal critics and colleagues.

Dr. Punjab Gorupta from the University of New Delhi calls the book "Thorough...the internet needs to hear this story".

"A must-read primer for anyone considering a serious relationship with a message board" - American Association of Weather Forum Moderators
2 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#7 Postby wxman57 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:40 am

blp wrote:
wxman57 wrote:Just playing around with it using notepad, I removed the cat in the left frame and replaced it with something more appropriate. I also removed the left menu drop-down menu to pages that no longer exist, as well as all the stuff under "What's New" that was from as long as 17 years ago. ;-)

I remember really enjoying your earlier page on the case for Florida getting increased activity prior to the hyperactive mid 2000's. You made some great arguments predicting the future. Thanks for bringing your site back up.

I put that "The Case for Florida" back up. It was made in 1996 or 1997, I think, talking about the newly-developed warm AMO and potential Florida impacts:

http://wxman57.com/Florida/
0 likes   

StormTracker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby StormTracker » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:33 pm

Good going wxman57! Keep up the good work!
0 likes   
Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet!

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby WeatherGuesser » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:44 pm

wxman57 wrote:Just playing around with it using notepad,

If you can still find a copy of 1stPage200 (now defunct HTML editor), you might find that useful. Let's you test and preview off-line. Then you can upload the resulting code. I may have the downloaded installer file somewhere.
0 likes   

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:56 am

I personally use Visual Studio to create websites. There is a free version you can download online called Visual Studio Community 2015. It has the tools to build a nice website, or you can switch to a host that has built in Wordpress, which I also use a lot of the time. Wordpress is mostly drag and drop. It is easier than Visual Studio, because it takes away most of the need for HTML, CSS, and Javascript. These are some wise words from a programmer. 8-)
0 likes   
My posts are not official forecasts. They are just my opinion and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

JPmia
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby JPmia » Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 pm

wxman57 wrote:
blp wrote:

I put that "The Case for Florida" back up. It was made in 1996 or 1997, I think, talking about the newly-developed warm AMO and potential Florida impacts:

http://wxman57.com/Florida/

WXman I remember reading that FL report back then.. boy did it come true in 2004/05. Are you going to update this?
1 likes   

lukem
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#12 Postby lukem » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:42 am

This looks amazing. Thanks for the heads up. As someone who is pretty new to all this stuff, it’s nice having one website to access all of these different resources.
0 likes   

alan1961
Category 2
Category 2

#13 Postby alan1961 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:30 am

Hello wxman57..could you add good old Blighty's (UK) weather radar to your site please..not that we
get much interesting weather that is..mostly bland and uneventful for the most part! :lol: :wink:

Thank You.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar
1 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”