Do You Enjoy Researching Tropical Cyclones? Consider Wikipedia

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Do you enjoy researching tropical cyclones? Consider Wikipedia

#21 Postby Hurricanehink » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:48 pm

An update to a previous post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_cyclones_by_year - using a variety of sources, the efforts of dozens of editors have written the database of all tropical cyclones on Wikipedia. You can read about individual years in the Atlantic going back to 1850, in the Eastern Pacific to 1949, the Western Pacific Ocean to 1945, the North Indian Ocean to 1975, the southwest Indian Ocean to 1960, Australia to 1968, and the South Pacific to 1970. Based on the articles that we have on Wikipedia, there have been 11,970 tropical cyclones. That number, of course, is higher. We don't know how many tropical cyclones there have ever been. There are surely more storms that have been documented but just haven't been added to Wikipedia yet, and that's where you come in.

You might be thinking one of these things:

1) I'm just calling out editors who haven't finished them - I want to say it's the opposite! I want to praise, again, the editors who have put in so many hours so far. This is my plea to you, the reader of these words (being spoken in your mind's voice, "Hi!"), to consider editing Wikipedia and help expand the freely accessible source of tropical cyclone knowledge.
2) There isn't the information out there! - well, there is. NIO records go to 1890s, WPAC has storms going back to the year 945, but with many more storms since 1800. The SHEM basins have pretty good records going back to 1900 at least.
3) Why should I care? - this is simple. Too many politicians and social media commentariats are getting away with #fakenews, or climate change denialism. We need to build up the database of reliable information that is irrefutable, and easy to access/interpret. Wikipedia is often the first search result on Google. The articles aren't perfect, but that's because there have been so many thousands of storms, and only so many hours that we have of free time to write about storms new and old. So much effect is just keeping up with the new storms, adding yet another wild and deadly saga to the annals of hurricane history.

TL;DR - consider joining Wikipedia! Feel free to private message me if you're interested, but not sure what to do.
0 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#22 Postby Hurricanehink » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:00 am

You all might be thinking: there's nothing else to write about on Wikipedia, everything is perfectly cited, all of the information is on there, and there's nothing to do for a budding young tropical cyclone researcher.

WRONG! :D

There are so many articles that we still need, including several important ones. The following topics don't currently have articles on Wikipedia, but certainly could.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Category_2_Atlantic_hurricanes - a single list for every single Category 2 hurricanes. How many were there? How many deaths did they cause? How many were in each month? There are lists for Atlantic Cat. 3, 4, and 5, which would serve as a basis for this article
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Atlantic_hurricane_season#Tropical_Storm_Nestor - not the most important article, but there's an open request for an article to be created for Tropical Storm Nestor, which last month struck the Florida panhandle.
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Eastern_Pacific_tropical_depressions - unlike the Atlantic, the EPAC has list articles for TS and every category. Adding this article would help finish the intensity list articles for the basin.
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Pacific_typhoon_season#Typhoon_Mitag_(Onyok) - Typhoon Mitag affected much of the western Pacific this past September/October, killing 22 people.
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974_North_Indian_Ocean_cyclone_season - the most recent season in the North Indian Ocean without an article
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone_Carol - not the infamous Atlantic hurricane that hit New England... no, this Carol struck Mauritius in the southwest Indian Ocean, spurring changes to building codes after it killed 42 people.
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone_Flores - Cyclone Flores was the deadliest tropical cyclone in the Southern Hemisphere, but it wasn't named because it developed so quickly. It killed 1,500 people, mostly fishermen in Indonesia.
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone_Keni - Cyclone Keni is the most recent South Pacific storm to be retired but not have an article. It formed in April 2018 and affected Fiji, Vanuatu, and Tonga.
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_cyclones_in_2013 - a single article listing every tropical cyclone globally... for the year 2013. We have yearly global articles from 2014-present, and 2012, so this would help close the gap.
*https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Typhoons_in_China&action=edit&redlink=1 - a monster of an article that would the mother of all collaborations. This would be an article covering all tropical cyclones affecting China. Like the United States, this might work best going by area. So, if this article interests you but is too daunting, perhaps the List of typhoons in Guangdong, or Hainan?
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Tropical_cyclones/Jamaica - a user (TheAustinMan) started compiling the list of storms affecting Jamaica. He got the work started, so all that's needed is someone to come in and finish it.
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_Carolina_hurricanes - similar to the above, we need a list of storms in South Carolina. Ditto Virginia, Mississippi, Alabama, and Puerto Rico.
0 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#23 Postby Hurricanehink » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:53 pm

How do you keep track of all 2,118 storm and season articles? That's probably not a question you've wondered. Most people only visit Wikipedia to look up the current season, or to look up significant hurricanes with household names. Indeed, those more commonly viewed ones (Katrina, Sandy, Harvey, Dorian, Maria) are also among the most edited, and among the largest articles, some of which have their own series of sub-articles. All five of them have an article just for the meteorological history, covering, in detail, the origins and track of the storm.

But what if you wanted a top-down look at all of the Atlantic hurricane articles on Wikipedia? Or seasons in the eastern Pacific? Or South Pacific?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Tropical_cyclones/Assessment/Tables

This is a special kind of article on Wikipedia, one that is more organizational than encyclopediac. This page organizes all of the articles worldwide, with everything color coded to represent the article quality - dark blue is a featured article, light blue is A-class (which means very good), Green is a good article, while the shades of yellow to red are less high-quality. This special Wikipedia page has intensity lists by basin first. Category 5 Atlantic hurricanes, EPAC tropical storms, Cat 3 SPAC cyclones, and the list of very intense cyclones in the SWIO. Next is a list of storms by year. There are only a few of them, going back to only 2004. There are similarly organized tables for all of basins, including the South Atlantic and the Mediterranean.

The basin with the most articles is the Atlantic Ocean, which has 801 articles. There is a table, followed by numbers representing the storms that formed each year from 1851-1949, or with letters from A - W from 1950-present (except 2005, which of course uses the Greek alphabet to indicate the 6 storms after Wilma). There are also lists for unnamed storms before 1851 (there are 15 articles for that time period), unnamed storms/depressions since 1950, timelines for individual seasons, and lastly a table for storms with sub-articles. Katrina, of course, has the most articles related to the storm, including articles on conspiracy theories related to the storm, the criticism to the government response, and the associated tornado outbreak (there were 57 tornadoes associated with Katrina).
1 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#24 Postby Hurricanehink » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:47 am

Wikipedia: Quarantine Edition!

Are you practicing social distancing? Want to embrace the safe space of the digital keyboard and mouse in your bedroom/office? Then consider editing Wikipedia! Over the last few months, there has been a slew of new articles, and new projects worked on.

If you're a fan of the Atlantic hurricane basin, you might be interested to know that every season from 1945-2017 is a good article, meaning every statement in the article is sourced, every storm has a comprehensive section, and it has been peer reviewed.

Maybe you prefer to focus on tropical cyclones in your area. If you live in the Arabian Peninsula, Azores, Bangladesh, Barbados, Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cuba, Delaware, Europe, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Maryland, Mascarene Islands (Reunion/Mauritius), New Jersey, New York, New England, North Carolina, or South America, then you're in luck! There is a partial or complete hurricane history for your area. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_tropical_cyclones_by_area

Lately, there's been some focus on the article for the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season. Because of the historic nature of the season, and because it was in Wikipedia's infancy, there have been many changes to the season and the season article over the years. One of the first issues, back in 2006, was determining what storms get articles. At one point, the short-lived Tropical Storm Lee got an article, as did Tropical Depression Ten, which later reformed into Hurricane Katrina. There have been many words written about some of these storms. Some argued that every named storm should get an article, but that means that there would be articles like this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tropical_Storm_Lee_(2005)&oldid=94082585 - here is what the article for Lee looked like in 2006, for a minimal tropical storm that lasted five days. While there is a reasonable amount of information in there, much of it repeats what's in the tropical cyclone report, or otherwise repeats the record-breaking nature of the season. Thus, the important content for Lee was merged into the season article, which was also done for TD 10, as well as tropical storms Franklin and Harvey, and Hurricane Philippe.

The 2005 Atlantic hurricane season article first became featured back in 2006, and it was featured on Wikipedia's main page on June 1st of that year. Recently, there's been a push to make sure the article still is up to the standards of being a featured article. That means making sure that every URL still works, that the best available sources are used, and that we strike the right balance between being comprehensive about the record-breaking season, while still making sure the article is of a manageable length.

What can you do, if you're an interested editor? Here are some ideas.
[*]Tropical cyclones in 2013/2011/2009/2008
[*]List of Category 2 Atlantic hurricanes
[*]List of super typhoons
[*]List of Taiwan typhoons
[*]List of Virginia hurricanes
[*]List of Puerto Rico hurricanes
[*]Tropical Storm Olga (2019)
[*]Review the featured article candidacy for Tropical Storm Ileana, a storm in the 2018 PHS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_article_candidates/Tropical_Storm_Ileana_(2018)/archive1
0 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby Hurricanehink » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:25 am

Collaborating - AKA the right kind of sharing

Recently, the article for the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season changed, through a collaborative effort of several users. They made sure this top-importance vital article is still of featured-quality, because there is an ongoing discussion about its featured article status.

The recent changes for 2005 stemmed from a discussion about merging a separate article - List of storms in the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season - which was created in January 2006 in response to the large season article. The 2005 AHS became more of a summary, covering economic costs, the record activity, and focusing on storms by month (and not sequentially). For several years, there were a few season articles that had both a primary article and a dedicated list of storms article; all were eventually re-incorporated back into the main season article, recently including 2005 AHS. On March 3, 2020 (hard to believe that was this month), the list article was merged, as well as 2005 Atlantic hurricane season statistics, and articles for Franklin and Philippe. A singular article for the 2005 season was prepared in draftspace, and was incorporated into the main 2005 article.

There are other kinds of collaborations. Recently, users Juliancolton and TropicalAnalystwx13 wrote Tropical Storm Kirk (2018) together. Each year, the season articles are written by many editors, by folks who add the latest satellite imagery or track. There are others who document the storm's journey, and what impacts they left. When a major storm is threatening a landmass (especially the United States), users edit from IP addresses far and wide to add the latest information. Unfortunately, some of these big storm articles languish, because they're written in real time without historical perspective, and the websites might no longer be up and running a few years later. Don't get me wrong, I know the excitement of being the first to write on Wikipedia when the NHC classifies something. However, there are lots of older articles that end up half-finished, or with broken weblinks. Thankfully we have the web archive.

We see the disruption that Covid-19 is causing in our world right now. Yea, it sucks to have everything canceled, for schools and bars and gyms and restaurants to be shut down. Some people experience that same feeling every few years when a hurricane/typhoon/cyclone strikes. It's easy writing/researching about these furious beasts of nature when we're in the comfort of our own home/office/library/school. And sometimes it's uncomfortable seeing how we rebuild. After every storm, there is help, often from the government. Politics have made my country turn fearful and hateful, and so I have to choose my words carefully. When nature is at its worst, my government is there after when people need it the most, providing financial assistance, logistical support, and a sense of national unity.

This pandemic is making a lot of people fearful of the unknown, how bad that unstoppable force will be. A lot of us may be stuck at home right now with a sense of fear and too much time on our hands. Consider, then, the spirit of collaboration, working together to document the world around us. If you're reading this, you are likely interested in meteorology. Go improve an article then. Now. Do it. :P Stop reading this and find an article you're interested in, and make it better. <3
0 likes   

1900hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

#26 Postby 1900hurricane » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:03 pm

List of super typhoons would be quite the task. There are 314 of them in JTWC best track since 1945, although the first one wasn't until 1947's 17W (Rosalind). The most recent as of this post was 24W in 2019 (Halong) based on the 2019 operational data.

Image Image
0 likes   
Contract Meteorologist. TAMU & MSST. Fiercely authentic, one of a kind. We are all given free will, so choose a life meant to be lived. We are the Masters of our own Stories.
Opinions expressed are mine alone.

Follow me on Twitter at @1900hurricane : Read blogs at https://1900hurricane.wordpress.com/

1900hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby 1900hurricane » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:36 pm

Is there a tutorial for using the Tropical Cyclone Tracks?
0 likes   
Contract Meteorologist. TAMU & MSST. Fiercely authentic, one of a kind. We are all given free will, so choose a life meant to be lived. We are the Masters of our own Stories.

Follow me on Twitter at @1900hurricane : Read blogs at https://1900hurricane.wordpress.com/

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#28 Postby Hurricanehink » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:46 am

0 likes   

Pressure
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#29 Postby Pressure » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Just a quick (not really) but necessary question here:
So I, like many of you all, have a fascination with hurricanes and TCs. This started at an early age, having experienced (albeit young) 2004, 2005 (Wilma and Katrina), and 2008. :double: Wikipedia is usually my go-to source for past information and such (In addition to TCRs from the NHC). Many like Hurricanehink have stated that there is much improvement that can be made to Wikipedia pages for individual storms and for different statistic pages. I often find myself mindlessly sifting through old news articles, or reports just to figure out exactly how these storms went. (E.g. Incessantly looking for other accounts, images, etc. from locals during Hu. Wilma or Hu. Andrew) I am pretty new (and slightly confused) at the whole editing thing, but I think I could put my hobby to good use. I am also unsure of how to go about registering and or formatting/ conventions to write this stuff( the articles are very in depth and put together, im just not completely sure as to how to write them :/ )

Tl;dr- I like TCs, and I am interested in editing/writing Wikipedia articles about them.
1 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#30 Postby Hurricanehink » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:58 am

Pressure wrote:Just a quick (not really) but necessary question here:
So I, like many of you all, have a fascination with hurricanes and TCs. This started at an early age, having experienced (albeit young) 2004, 2005 (Wilma and Katrina), and 2008. :double: Wikipedia is usually my go-to source for past information and such (In addition to TCRs from the NHC). Many like Hurricanehink have stated that there is much improvement that can be made to Wikipedia pages for individual storms and for different statistic pages. I often find myself mindlessly sifting through old news articles, or reports just to figure out exactly how these storms went. (E.g. Incessantly looking for other accounts, images, etc. from locals during Hu. Wilma or Hu. Andrew) I am pretty new (and slightly confused) at the whole editing thing, but I think I could put my hobby to good use. I am also unsure of how to go about registering and or formatting/ conventions to write this stuff( the articles are very in depth and put together, im just not completely sure as to how to write them :/ )

Tl;dr- I like TCs, and I am interested in editing/writing Wikipedia articles about them.

Thanks Pressure! I sent you a private message with more information. For anyone curious, it's really easy to join Wikipedia. The harder part is knowing how to cite your work, and where to get the info to add to the articles.
0 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#31 Postby Hurricanehink » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:32 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_2019_Atlantic_hurricane_season#November

Challenge time!
Are you stuck inside lately? Still thinking about last year's Atlantic hurricane season? Then I have an editing project that might interest you! The timeline for the 2019 Atlantic hurricane season goes up until Hurricane Lorenzo, so it's missing the last six storms (which includes one hurricane and three subtropical cyclones). It's really easy to add every storms' category change. There are a lot of featured lists on other season timelines.

If you're interested but confused about how to edit Wikipedia, feel free to private message me, or ask here if you want to do so publicly ^_^
0 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#32 Postby Hurricanehink » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:57 pm

Curious what articles were updated today, as a result of Tropical Depression One-E forming in the Eastern Pacific?

Firstly, the depression has a full section in the season article - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Pacific_hurricane_season#Tropical_Depression_One-E - the depression's record early nature is documented fully. Other articles have been updated today:
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Pacific_hurricane_season#Tropical_Storm_Adrian - the section for Adrian in 2017, which until today was about the earliest-forming storm in EPAC proper.
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_off-season_Pacific_hurricanes - the list of off-season Pacific hurricanes
0 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#33 Postby Hurricanehink » Sun May 03, 2020 12:10 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Tropical_cyclones/Newsletter/Archive_40

The semi-regular newsletter for Wikipedia's tropical cyclone coverage came out on May 1. Some highlights include a discussion to overhaul the maps used in every tropical cyclone article. The proposal (linked here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Tropical_cyclones#Track_map_overhauls ) would be to make the maps zoomable, list data points when the mouse hovers over the icon, and allow for intermediate advisory points (which the current system doesn't allow).

Possibly because a lot of us are largely sequestered in our homes these days, there has been a lot more editing in recent weeks, resulting in 27 new good or featured articles.

There are also a few new articles:
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_Flores_cyclone
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Alabama_hurricanes
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Category_1_Australian_region_tropical_cyclones
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Category_2_Australian_region_tropical_cyclones
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Category_3_Australian_region_severe_tropical_cyclones
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South-West_Indian_Ocean_intense_tropical_cyclones
0 likes   

1900hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

#34 Postby 1900hurricane » Sun May 03, 2020 1:48 pm

I added a good link for Soudelor from the AMS Tropical Conference citing the 115 kt assessment for Saipan that has both a manuscript and a recorded presentation. It might be worth checking to make sure I cited it properly. I don't often edit stuff largely because I'm not very familiar with the citing style and syntax.
1 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#35 Postby Hurricanehink » Mon May 04, 2020 2:05 pm

1900hurricane wrote:I added a good link for Soudelor from the AMS Tropical Conference citing the 115 kt assessment for Saipan that has both a manuscript and a recorded presentation. It might be worth checking to make sure I cited it properly. I don't often edit stuff largely because I'm not very familiar with the citing style and syntax.

Thanks! I see your addition in the impact section. Citing isn't that difficult, just adding <ref> before the link and </ref> after the link. The easiest way looks like this in the edit window:

<ref>https://ams.confex.com/ams/32Hurr/webprogram/Paper293792.html</ref>

That at least makes sure the link shows up in the part of the article you are referencing. Good and featured articles require more parameters for citations (such as the author, the date of publication, when you accessed, what type of file it is), but if it's for a new article, just linking the content is useful, as someone can always fix the citation later. Alternately, if you want to learn how to cite properly, check out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Cite_web
1 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#36 Postby Hurricanehink » Sun May 17, 2020 3:40 pm

Arthur, Vongfong, and Amphan edition

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Atlantic_hurricane_season#Tropical_Storm_Arthur - Tropical Storm Arthur formed yesterday, one of 36 known May Atlantic tropical cyclones attaining at least gale force intensity. That is roughly 1.5% of all known Atlantic tropical cyclones. Arthur joins 86 other off-season Atlantic tropical or subtropical cyclones, which can be viewed at - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_off-season_Atlantic_hurricanes

In the western Pacific, Typhoon Vongfong made its deadly passage through the Philippines. Its history and impacts can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Vongfong_(2020) - the article was last updated less than two hours ago, btw.

In the north Indian Ocean, we have Cyclone Amphan. There is currently a draft article for the storm, meaning the article isn't ready for publication. Most of you probably see more established articles on Wikipedia. Some of the most edited articles happen after a major cyclone strikes land, especially when it enters the Google News feed. Right now, Amphan is still over waters, and its winds have reached Category 4 intensity (according to JTWC). If you're interested in helping write the evolution of this storm, the link is at - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Cyclone_Amphan
0 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#37 Postby Hurricanehink » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:20 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Tropical_cyclones/Newsletter/Archive_41 - here's the bimonthly newsletter for The Hurricane Herald, which covers Wikipedia information on tropical cyclones for May and June of this year.
0 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#38 Postby Hurricanehink » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:15 pm

Want to help write history?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Tropical_Storm_Fay_(2020)

Here is a draft for Tropical Storm Fay. You're welcome to help edit it and keep it up to date. Closures and official actions might happen with little notice, so if you see something credible online, feel free to add it to the article. Make sure you add a source by putting it in like <ref>https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATWOAT+shtml/061746_MIATWOAT.shtml</ref>
0 likes   

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#39 Postby Hurricanehink » Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:45 pm

Happy off-season to the northern hemisphere dwellers, and to our friends in the southern hemisphere, make sure you keep an eye out for storms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_deadliest_tropical_cyclones - I'd like to point out a new article I wrote, part of our continuing efforts to document every storm. It's a list of the deadliest tropical cyclones ever recorded (all storms with a death toll of 1,000 or more), with records going back to the 10th century. There were 74 tropical cyclones with a death toll of at least 1,000 in the 20th century.

Do you know of any storms that are missing? Please let me know!
0 likes   

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#40 Postby Category5Kaiju » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:27 am

Speaking of cyclones as they relate to Wikipedia, it looks like the website is doing a major overhaul with the Saffir Simpson colors. Category 5 storms are now labeled purple, while Category 4 storms are red, Category 3 orange, Category 2 yellow, and Category 1 light yellow.
3 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”