Request for radar imagery or weather channel/news coverage if possible

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

Request for radar imagery or weather channel/news coverage if possible

#1 Postby Hammy » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:31 am

It's been an an extensive search that I've so far been unsuccessful at, does anybody know where I can find any sort of pre-NEXRAD archive, or alternately, if anybody has weather channel preferably (or if not, local news clips) from the 1980s and 90s?

Barry (1983), Juan (1985), Bonnie and Charley (1986), and Arlene (1993) are specific ones I'm looking for for any general radar, regardless of source.

TD2 in 1994, Gabrielle in 1995 and several storms from 1996 (Edouard during peak, Hortense during Caribbean passage and peak, and anything there is from Cesar, Dolly, Gustav, Isidore, Josephine, Kyle, or Marco) are ones where I'm looking specifically for any weather channel coverage (or if anybody has track map screenshots) as I left my VHS collection behind years ago and there's still nothing of those online.
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”