First Tropical Wave of 2022?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

First Tropical Wave of 2022?

#1 Postby cycloneye » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:22 am

Not yet introduced by TAFB but this area caught my eye near 45W south of 10N. They have broken lines but without saying what it is. Both GFS and ECMWF have a good deal of rain for the NE Caribbean islands including PR and DR on April 30/May 1. First Tropical Wave poll.

2 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

InfernoFlameCat
Category 5
Category 5

Re: First Tropical Wave of 2022?

#2 Postby InfernoFlameCat » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:30 am

Another system off Africa looked potent a couple days ago. Its not gonna survive in the ocean but the monsoon seems to be waking up.
0 likes   
I am by no means a professional. DO NOT look at my forecasts for official information or make decisions based on what I post.

Goal: to become a registered expert over tropical and subtropical cyclones.

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby AnnularCane » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:32 am

They're all waves to me! :lol:
2 likes   
"But it never rained rain. It never snowed snow. And it never blew just wind. It rained things like soup and juice. It snowed mashed potatoes and green peas. And sometimes the wind blew in storms of hamburgers." -- Judi Barrett, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

NotSparta
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#4 Postby NotSparta » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:25 pm

Looks like it's just marked as a trough rather than a tropical wave
1 likes   
This post was probably an opinion of mine, and in no way is official. Please refer to http://www.hurricanes.gov for official tropical analysis and advisories.

My website, with lots of tropical wx graphics, including satellite and recon: http://cyclonicwx.com

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#5 Postby cycloneye » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:08 pm

Surface trough.

. A
surface trough is analyzed along 46W and extends from near the
equator to 07N. Isolated moderate convection is found S of the
monsoon trough and E of 20W. Scattered moderate to isolated
strong convection is noted S of 08N and between 24W and 49W.
1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#6 Postby AJC3 » Wed May 04, 2022 12:17 am

Despite nothing being mentioned in the Atlantic TWDATs since the start of May, one could pretty easily make the case for a low amplitude tropical wave having already propagated westward along the ITCZ from late April through today (see the ongoing convection off the north coast of SOAM). The CIMSS Wavetrak page, which overlays IR imagery and satellite derived winds and allows you to create a 5 or 10-day time lapse, shows this pretty well

https://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/ ... l5new.html

While the AEJ doesn't pick up steam until the latter part of the hurricane season, it does exist year-round, being much weaker and located more equatorward from winter through spring. Once it reaches a position reasonably close to the SW portion of continental Africa that lies north of the equator, it can begin to spit out weak low amplitude waves (more like ripples) offshore into (and sometime across) the ITCZ.
8 likes   

zzh
Category 1
Category 1

#7 Postby zzh » Thu May 05, 2022 12:41 pm

6 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”