Interesting Little Feature Northern GOM

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
captainbarbossa19
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Interesting Little Feature Northern GOM

#21 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:39 pm

skyline385 wrote:Think those MSLP readings dont mean much, there is a low over the entire Gulf right now

https://i.imgur.com/nMSjHc3.png

Right and pressure over land in many areas is lower than over water right now. Need to see the reverse for any development.
1 likes   

skyline385
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby skyline385 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:42 pm

captainbarbossa19 wrote:
skyline385 wrote:Think those MSLP readings dont mean much, there is a low over the entire Gulf right now

https://i.imgur.com/nMSjHc3.png

Right and pressure over land in many areas is lower than over water right now. Need to see the reverse for any development.

Its actually over most of the continent lol

3 likes   

Teban54
Category 5
Category 5

#23 Postby Teban54 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:58 pm

Nederlander wrote:
TallyTracker wrote:I’ve seen quick spin up tropical storms from systems like this with little to no warning on occasion. Definitely something to keep an eye on though I doubt it will become more than a rain-maker for the northern Gulf Coast and Florida Peninsula.

Emily 2017 is a recent one. Went to work in the Tampa Area on a rainy day with little chance of development. By 9 am, a tropical storm was declared heading straight for me. Landfall occurred before noon as a 60 mph TS. Normally being under a TS Warning would have been a day off but it spun up so fast, my organization’s leadership had no time to react. By the time I went home Emily was a TD.

Humberto - 2007 for me. Came out of nowhere. It went from disorganized convection from a front to a 90mph hurricane in about 24 hours. Crazy..

Nicholas last year was very similar.
0 likes   

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#24 Postby Nimbus » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:50 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:crossing over a bouy. it is a small mesovort but it is at the surface. pressure looks to be 1010 mb with background pressures elsewhere around 1014 to 1015.

Only needs to fire convection over that vort and it could spin up quick. though once off the SE coast it might have a better shot.

It could also stall in the NE gulf if it does pop some convection.

Still there after 8 hours worth watching the buoys.

Image[/img]
1 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”