Possible development in the Gulf of Mexico (Is Invest 95L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
captainbarbossa19
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Possible development in the Gulf of Mexico

#101 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:19 pm

SoupBone wrote:
captainbarbossa19 wrote:
SoupBone wrote:
Well that’s incredibly irresponsible of him without providing a reasoning for that type of forecast. Do his paid subscribers get the data that is backing the tweet?

Well let's just say that this system will not be moving fast. After moving onshore Thursday, the Euro still shows it in Texas on Saturday. That's rather slow.

I completely get that, don’t misunderstand me. But when our other pro-Mets post a forecast, especially one with potentially catastrophic results, they back it up with a scientific explanation. They don’t just drop a bomb then walk away.

These next few model runs will hopefully provide some more consistency.

Speaking of which, the 18z GFS is stronger and further north than 12z.
1 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#102 Postby SoupBone » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:27 pm

captainbarbossa19 wrote:
SoupBone wrote:
captainbarbossa19 wrote:
Well let's just say that this system will not be moving fast. After moving onshore Thursday, the Euro still shows it in Texas on Saturday. That's rather slow.

I completely get that, don’t misunderstand me. But when our other pro-Mets post a forecast, especially one with potentially catastrophic results, they back it up with a scientific explanation. They don’t just drop a bomb then walk away.

These next few model runs will hopefully provide some more consistency.

Speaking of which, the 18z GFS is stronger and further north than 12z.

Yeah that run mostly misses Houston with the rain it looks like. Becomes a central Texas threat. Though I’m on my phone so it’s harder for me to zoom in.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Wampadawg
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#103 Postby Wampadawg » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:45 pm

NHC not buying it!
0 likes   
Harvey,Hanna,Beta,Texas Winter storm2021,Nicholas

captainbarbossa19
Category 5
Category 5

#104 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:06 pm

Wampadawg wrote:NHC not buying it!

I really don't understand it. This system isn't going to be moving onshore until Thursday at the earliest. Conditions really aren't super unfavorable. If conditions aren't great, the NHC would have mentioned it in the TWO. I think a depression is pretty easily achievable. A TS is possible, but far less likely. I was looking back at the S2K archives, and I realized that the NHC didn't event tag the system that became Imelda until about 24 hours before landfall. So it wouldn't be the first time we had to wait a while for a tag.
2 likes   

Wampadawg
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#105 Postby Wampadawg » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:20 pm

00Z ICON still looking to have Texas BBQ but bringing their own sauce.
0 likes   
Harvey,Hanna,Beta,Texas Winter storm2021,Nicholas

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Possible development in the Gulf of Mexico (Is Invest 95L)

#106 Postby cycloneye » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:37 am

2 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”