How many named storms will form in August?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K

How many named storms will form in August?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:12 pm

One
3%
Two
5%
Three
19%
Four
33%
Five
23%
Six or more
11%
None will form
5%

Total votes: 73

skyline385
Category 5
Category 5

Re: How many named storms will form in August?

#21 Postby skyline385 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:59 pm

cycloneye wrote:
AtlanticWind wrote:
cycloneye wrote:
Is easy. The blue dot is where you first voted (I voted Five) and then cast your revote for the option Six or more and that's it.

I just see the results on my end , no dots to vote

This is sceenshot of the poll and the blue dot where the members have voted first. Chose Six or more and that changes your preference and that is it.

https://i.imgur.com/bpGj5ZG.jpg

I am not planning on changing but I dont see those blue dots for selection either, just the results from when I voted last.
0 likes   

InfernoFlameCat
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby InfernoFlameCat » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:10 pm

I’m going with four. 3 after august 20th
0 likes   
I am by no means a professional. DO NOT look at my forecasts for official information or make decisions based on what I post.

Goal: to become a registered expert over tropical and subtropical cyclones.

weeniepatrol
Category 3
Category 3

#23 Postby weeniepatrol » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:21 pm

Luis, could it be because you have moderator privileges?

Because for me, this is what it looks like. Blue dots appear only until I casted my vote and not afterwards.

1 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#24 Postby cycloneye » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:28 pm

Went back to the original thing and ended the revoting to not have more confusion about this. Those who have not voted yet come and vote until July 31rst at 9:12 PM EDT when the poll will close.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

AtlanticWind
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby AtlanticWind » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:35 am

Thats allright, usually when I change my pick on the football pool I end up regretting it :D
1 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#26 Postby cycloneye » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:57 am

Time is running out for this poll to close for voting and that occurs on Sunday at 9:12 PM EDT so those who have been undecided until now, cast your vote.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

toad strangler
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#27 Postby toad strangler » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:54 am

cycloneye wrote:Time is running out for this poll to close for voting and that occurs on Sunday at 9:12 PM EDT so those who have been undecided until now, cast your vote.

Can I revise to -1 :D
1 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#28 Postby cycloneye » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:16 am

toad strangler wrote:
cycloneye wrote:Time is running out for this poll to close for voting and that occurs on Sunday at 9:12 PM EDT so those who have been undecided until now, cast your vote.

Can I revise to -1 :D

Too late my friend. :D
0 likes   

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#29 Postby Blinhart » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:56 pm

For some reason I am being aggressive and going with 6 even with it being so quiet so far this season.
3 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

captainbarbossa19
Category 5
Category 5

#30 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:46 pm

Blinhart wrote:For some reason I am being aggressive and going with 6 even with it being so quiet so far this season.

Based from watching past seasons, I still think it's going to be active. I may not get my predicted 5, but I think we will still see our hurricane and most likely our first major. I looked back at the 2017 thread and there was talk of no majors occurring before peak season began. After watching what happened afterwards, I refuse to start talking about a quiet season until we're well past peak.
1 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#31 Postby cycloneye » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:33 pm

My last call for those who have not voted yet. Poll closes for voting at 9:12 PM EDT.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#32 Postby cycloneye » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:12 pm

This poll has closed for voting and four was the winner. I never thought that I would see in a poll for August that 4 members voted none will form.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#33 Postby cycloneye » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:27 am

The four that voted none will form are on the drivers seat as time goes by and looks like nothing will form unless suddenly, all turns favorable in the next 7 days.
1 likes   

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

#34 Postby ConvergenceZone » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:21 pm

cycloneye wrote:The four that voted none will form are on the drivers seat as time goes by and looks like nothing will form unless suddenly, all turns favorable in the next 7 days.

Yep, looking like a bone dry August. Maybe by the middle of September we will finally get something................
1 likes   

otowntiger
Category 5
Category 5

#35 Postby otowntiger » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:08 am

Looks like those who said 0 have a great chance is being right! Who woulda thunk it?!?
0 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#36 Postby Iceresistance » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:37 am

We may end up getting one at the end of this month.
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

BobHarlem
Category 5
Category 5

#37 Postby BobHarlem » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:42 am

otowntiger wrote:Looks like those who said 0 have a great chance is being right! Who woulda thunk it?!?

Looks like the end of the month is going to be a close horse race at this point. My bet is on that MCS area getting down to the surface and heading off as Danielle at this point.
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#38 Postby chaser1 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:39 pm

BobHarlem wrote:
otowntiger wrote:Looks like those who said 0 have a great chance is being right! Who woulda thunk it?!?

Looks like the end of the month is going to be a close horse race at this point. My bet is on that MCS area getting down to the surface and heading off as Danielle at this point.

I just want to know what kind of Vegas odds could I get now for betting on two before Sept 1?
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

#39 Postby ConvergenceZone » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:34 am

And just think, earlier this summer most of us were gung ho(me included) thinking about how crazy busy it was going to be due to how quickly the tropics has heated up earlier, and then everything just completely died, so strange...... I think we will 2 or 3 storms in September though and then maybe 1 or 2 in October. ....
1 likes   

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#40 Postby Category5Kaiju » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:52 pm

chaser1 wrote:
BobHarlem wrote:

I just want to know what kind of Vegas odds could I get now for betting on two before Sept 1?

I personally dare myself to bet that we'll see 2 by August 31. So I guess it still counts? :lol:
0 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”