Possible Development Near the Central Gulf Coast

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
captainbarbossa19
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Possible Development Near the Central Gulf Coast

#141 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:45 pm

SoupBone wrote:
wxman57 wrote:
SoupBone wrote:
From your mouth to God's ears. I just want a little rain here and there. Rained about 3 minutes at my house yesterday.

I don't know where you live. Had thunderstorms here in SW Houston Monday and Tuesday. Only glancing blows, but about 0.8" of rain.

NW Houston, Cypress area. I was wedged between two cells, two days in a row with no rain. Finally got 3 minutes of rain yesterday.

I'm hoping I get some storms from this system. Usually, about this time of year, I've already had 35 inches of annual rain. I haven't even had 15 yet.
0 likes   

Slimbodine
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

Re: Possible Development Near the Central Gulf Coast

#142 Postby Slimbodine » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:06 am

SoupBone wrote:
wxman57 wrote:
SoupBone wrote:
From your mouth to God's ears. I just want a little rain here and there. Rained about 3 minutes at my house yesterday.

I don't know where you live. Had thunderstorms here in SW Houston Monday and Tuesday. Only glancing blows, but about 0.8" of rain.

NW Houston, Cypress area. I was wedged between two cells, two days in a row with no rain. Finally got 3 minutes of rain yesterday.

Awwww my heart bleeds for you. At my location southwest of Alvin we had .14 in May, 0.00 in June, 0.00 in July so far. When I was available, have watched 27 storms approach my location and either fizzle or split. Today (Wednesday) had a fat cell go just south of me by a couple of miles, then this morning (6:00am) had a nice line coming from the east, could see lightning and hear thunder. Then about 2 miles away it just magically split in half and we got zero. Have cracks in the ground out back 6 inches across. In about another 10 days I will then go to praying for the high pressure to stay in place thru September. Does not matter here anymore if we get any rain now. The yard is done and just watering foundations. Of course knowing this area as I do, we will end up with 20 inches in a single day and all the genius mets will be saying, "See, it was a normal year rainfall wise ." :roll:
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”