Chesapeake Bay/ MD Eastern Shore Tropical Cyclone History?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
HouTXmetro
Category 5
Category 5

Chesapeake Bay/ MD Eastern Shore Tropical Cyclone History?

#1 Postby HouTXmetro » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:51 pm

Iv'e done a little looking and noticed that there is very little record of Tropical cyclones making initial landfall in this area. Granted I get the curvature of the coastline, etc.... But I'm amazed that a cyclone has never moved in from the East out of the Atlantic to my knowledge, but routinely hits points further north from Jersey to Nova Scotia. Any additional insight would be appreciated.
0 likes   
[Disclaimer: My Amateur Opinion, please defer to your local authorities or the NHC for Guidance.]

HurricaneEnzo
Category 2
Category 2

Re: Chesapeake Bay/ MD Eastern Shore Tropical Cyclone History?

#2 Postby HurricaneEnzo » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:31 pm

Tropical Storm Danielle 1992 comes to mind.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
0 likes   
Bertha 96' - Fran 96' - Bonnie 98' - Dennis 99' - Floyd 99' - Isabel 03' - Alex 04' - Ophelia 05' - Irene 11' - Arthur 14' - Matthew 16' - Florence 18' - Dorian 19' - Isaias 20' (countless other tropical storms and Hurricane swipes)

I am not a Professional Met just an enthusiast. Get your weather forecasts from the Pros!

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Hammy » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:05 pm

Dean 1983 and Bret 1981 came in from the east, but both were weakening and very low-end storms by then
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

HouTXmetro
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby HouTXmetro » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:25 pm

Thanks, I will see what I can find about the aforementioned rare storms.
0 likes   
[Disclaimer: My Amateur Opinion, please defer to your local authorities or the NHC for Guidance.]

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”